-
Posts
488 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by BOOT
-
I download the .whl files for each package they want and put them in a folder. Then install for all users: pip.exe install --no-index --find-links "Path_to_whl_folder" package_name No proxies, SSL bypasses or command prompts needed.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Data just isn't reliable any more. Based on my own observations, things are about as bad as they've been before; though with nothing being done to mitigate. -
Unfortunately, that method no longer works.
-
7 years later and there's still no way to install a Microsoft Store app....
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Personally, that was the very first thing I cut out. I don't drink at home and anywhere else has been far to much of a luxury for quite some time. -
Powerpoint now used in spellcheck-disabled exams
BOOT replied to ZeldaVet's topic in Office Software
Try installing Office without any language packs. No language pack = No proofing tools. Spelling, grammar, autocorrect etc. Add: To your Office setup config xml file. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Just done a food shop. Yeah it's been creeping up in cost over the last few months... but 50% up this week? It's not just the price increases, it's also the lack of multi-deals and such. -
I followed this guide: https://oofhours.com/2021/10/27/customize-the-windows-11-start-menu/ I have a very clean and organised menu now
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
...and another interest rate hike. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
1 in 8 infected where I live. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Why do I have mandatory training in a cramped room with 400 other people during a global viral pandemic? -
Microwave is by far the cheapest method of cooking using electric.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Given the state of affairs across the world, I wouldn't be surprised if the virus was in control. -
...and now there's been another interest rate hike.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Second jab yesterday, feeling 100 years older today. Very stiff and achy. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
So... paying for tests from next month and paying for vaccinations from June... That's going to go very well. -
Try changing the LayoutOptions line to:
-
Rats. eBuyer had some MSI cards but took almost an hour wading through checkout to get 'out-of-stock'. Next time maybe.
-
Some stock arriving by air - not really worth paying that premium though.
-
Turns out that beyond a few dozen units sent for review... 3050s aren't even expected to arrive until May.
-
I don't have any form of heating and haven't for several years now. I've been looking at heat pumps... but there just isn't one available at a price I can afford. Even gas boilers and insulation are far out-of-reach. I can get a free, fully installed coal boiler though.
-
And to make the cost of living worse... Interest rates have risen again.
-
This winter, I'm just sitting in the dark on an electric blanket. Even that is barely affordable.
