-
Posts
488 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by BOOT
-
Restoring Servers will fail after 9th May 2023's Updates.
BOOT replied to psydii's topic in O/S Deployment
Yeah, this update changes the boot manager. It adds a list of revoked certificates for the older compromised boot managers, but doesn't enable it automatically. That's the bit that needs additional manual steps, until they enforce the changes some time in 2024 or sooner. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Yeah, I follow a lot of campaigns. 12 years on, still no closer to a solution. Unfortunately, my MP is blue, so she couldn't care less. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Another rate hike. Mortgage is 18% now. Still unable to switch. -
Restoring Servers will fail after 9th May 2023's Updates.
BOOT replied to psydii's topic in O/S Deployment
May be some automated deployment options for the 'second deployment phase' in the July 2023 updates. -
Restoring Servers will fail after 9th May 2023's Updates.
BOOT replied to psydii's topic in O/S Deployment
As long as you're not performing the additional manual steps to enable the changes, it doesn't seem to affect anything. If you are enabling the changes manually.. anything using secure boot (existing build media, pxe, recovery mode) is broken. -
Restoring Servers will fail after 9th May 2023's Updates.
BOOT replied to psydii's topic in O/S Deployment
I don't see anyone going through the 28 steps involved in manually updating boot\install\recovery\online\pxe media. It's ridiculous. -
Don't forget to update the firmware. There's always a reason for the price.
-
I've seen every shade referred to as 'builders tea'
-
Well, having looked at the 'long' list. I don't have any of those.
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
I do appreciate the offers. I'm not too proud to accept a little charity here and there, but it's not really a sustainable solution is it? I'm not exactly dirt-poor, I'm not wasteful either. I just don't understand how everyone else seems to be so much better off, much less understand how they can even complain about it. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
...Well I'm about to stop paying for food. It's all that's left to cut. I'll let you get back to complaining about your mansions, heat pumps, swimming pools etc. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Anyone else still treating this pandemic with the seriousness it deserves... or is it just me left? -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Yet another rate hike. As if things weren't bad enough... -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
BOOT replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Definite massive rise in infections where I live. Very little common sense around. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
What is this, the bragging topic? I'd be thankful for a working toilet. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
I've exhausted every option. I don't meet the lending criteria. Simply: I don't earn enough to qualify for the mortgage I already have. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Another rate hike. My mortgage is now 17.33%. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Yeah, radiators work by convection - Foil isn't going to do very much more than reflect a small amount of infra red. -
Edge and Smoothwall cert trust - Potential iceberg ahead?
BOOT replied to HCC's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
...Firefox it is.- 10 replies
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
BOOT replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
I don't have luxuries like cars or streaming services to scrap. I scrapped my pension. I recently found some carpet in a skip though, so not bad times for everyone. -
Another rate hike 14% That's me done.
-
Would be nice if there was such a scheme working where I live, umpteen power cuts this weekend.
-
It's an endowment mortgage. Those still exist for people who's income has been so low that they can't switch mortgages.
-
75k @ 13.62% As a mortgage prisoner, I'm screwed.
