GuyJD
Members-
Posts
1,020 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by GuyJD
-
I've watched 2 new series recently the first was You, Me and the Apocalypse, I saw it on NowTV and thought it looked funny and might be worth a watch, I watched it to the end of the 10 episodes and I can safely say it wasn't worth watching, wasn't at all funny even though it was trying to be and the acting was beyond terrible. The second series I'm currently watching is one that had completely passed me by and that was Stranger Things, I'm only 4 episodes in and already I'm hooked, I'd have sat there and watched the entire 2 seasons over the weekend if the Mrs wouldn't have strangled me for doing so ( I hate it when she likes something I do because I have to watch it on her schedule) It does bug me that the opening credits music seems to be ripped straight out of Tron Legacy though.
-
Daytime water is quite and easy one to get the long exposure look on freehand as you don't need more that 1/4 second exposure, so bracing your arm against something or even keeping them tight in to your body to take the picture will normally get you the result you're after. Night time and dusk photos of water need a tripod but the results are more than worth taking the tripod with you.
-
Funnily enough my contact at Higate was my contact as Misco before he moved, doesn't give me free delivery though, wait til I speak to him about that. I'll give them that I never did get a "Quick catch up call" from Misco
-
I'm failing to see how sound would be of any use in a timelapse. I was going to suggest a laptop and a webcam but that seems like a neater compact solution.
-
I can't say i'm surprised to be honest, every time I send an email for a quote it gets ignored unless I chase it up, add to that that they still add on a delivery charge when everyone else offers free delivery it's not hard to see why they were falling behind the competition. Misco were my go to supplier 15 years ago, recently they were just an option to get an extra quote to please the auditors.
-
Compatible Display card for optiplex 790 PC
GuyJD replied to genesis's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
if it's a high res screen surly the monitor would have a DVI input negating the need for 2 VGA's and a VGA + DVI card would suffice. -
Compatible Display card for optiplex 790 PC
GuyJD replied to genesis's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
wouldn't a vga splitter do the job? -
Excellent, makes a nice change from Roadkill and Mighty Car Mods
-
The infrastructure needs to do more than keep up it needs to stay in front, the moment someone starts to consider buying an EV they start looking at the infrastructure around them. If your local supermarket already has one or two charge points but they are in use when you see them (even once) then that's as good as having none at all because all the prospective EV buyer is thinking is what if this happens to me. Councils need to make sure there is always one more charge point than is needed else the prospective buyers are going to continue to go for an ICE.
-
I asked my daughter the Bat and ball one last night, lets just say after 10 minutes of wrong answers (one of which being £1.80) I am concerned with her schooling. She's 13 BTW
-
Taking Photos with School Supplied Camera
GuyJD replied to jhector's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
If that's the case why not just cut out the need for the camera and wireless SD and just take the photo on the phone in the first place? I hadn't even thought about cameras in my GDPR plan. *adds it to the ever growing list. -
Not entirely, parasites have been known to infect the brain of insect and animals and make them behave strangely, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it could happen to humans.
-
What!?! How very dare you say such a thing.
-
yeah I thought it was just public transport and pushbikes. Didn't top gear have a race to somewhere in the centre of Oxford and had all sorts of issues with the roads because of it?
-
I've had UniFi here for the past 2 years and not had a problem with it, plus from memory they sell them in packs of 3 or 5 and you save a bit doing that. I bought mine from Storm but every one of my suppliers was able to give me a price on them.
-
Unfortunately I've not had much chance to use powershell other than the odd script here and there to automate things since doing training on it 4 years ago, I've messed about with it for a bit this morning but I'm not getting very far with it, I can output the relative directory paths to a file using this script: $Path = "D:\Profiles" Get-ChildItem $Path -filter "Downloads" -directory -Recurse -name | out-file d:\output.txt But the merging that in with the script to delete the older files is where I can't get any further, I'll keep playing about with it and see if I can get it working as I'd quite like to use it too.
-
This is the UF70 mounting bracket that connects to the board, the holes aren't in a square which is a bit of a pain.
-
I looked at replacements for these a while back I did find a company that sold refurbished UF70's but they only offered a 1 year RTB warranty and still cost £800. The BenQ looks promising though.
-
I watched these a while back after I'd watched his Toy Stories series, I found it very therapeutic to watch, it gave my inner OCD incredible satisfaction.
-
a way to do it might be to use the Get-ChildItem cmdlet to find the path to the downloads folder and then pipe them off into a file that you can then use to perform the Remove-Item script on.
-
yep that's how imagine it would have to work if your downloads folders are stored in user profiles, here I have the downloads folders all stored in a share on the server using folder redirection, so I could run it on the server to delete everything in everyone's download folder.
-
I found this which looks like it can be adapted, don't think it will delete folders in the directory though only files. https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2010/12/powershell-delete-files-older-than/
-
Windows software raid drive failure. Break mirror or remove mirror?
GuyJD replied to DCUK6's topic in Windows Server 2016
sounds like a fine plan to me. -
it just comes up with results about unicode
-
I've had 1000's of folders created on my main network share where the teachers save their planning work. Sophos isn't picking them up as anything dodgy and if I open the folder it has another folder 'Smart Notebook' and that folder contain the a ToolsMenu.xml file Does anyone know why this has started happening? It doesn't seem to be causing any issues other than inconveniencing me because I have to search for them and delete them.
