GuyJD
Members-
Posts
1,020 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by GuyJD
-
Unfortunately I'm no electrician but reading the reviews for the various smart switches a lot of people say they aren't compatible with modern UK wiring because light rings don't have the a neutral wire like plug sockets do.
-
all of the switches I've found require a neutral wire which I'm told any house that has wiring less than 10 years old won't have.
-
Irn Bru panic as fans stockpile before recipe change
GuyJD replied to DalekSec's topic in General Chat
FFS this has been my go to since Lucozade changed their Orange recipe. -
I kitted the whole house out with Google home over Christmas, I got one normal one and 4 minis, I'm really impressed with it so far, the My day feature is a nice touch while I'm eating my Crunchy nut in the morning. My Living room TV has Chromecast built in so I can tell it to play videos on that without having to reach for the remote and don't get me started on being able to lay in bed and tell it to turn the light off. All in all it's made me lazy. Anyhoo the hunt for GU10 bulbs that work natively with it and don't cost an arm and leg is on, mind you do I really need that arm and leg anymore?
-
I'm having a really annoying problem with Outlook, 9 times out of 10 when I open Outlook the emails appear off centre on the preview and the pop out view (see attached image) If I close Outlook and open it again rarely it will come up with the emails centred like they should be. This happened in Outlook 2010 and still does it in 2016 and does it if Outlook is windowed or maximised. I've googled but can't seem to find any fix for this issue, has anyone had the same problem and come up with a fix? I thought it might be because I have multiple monitors connected but even if I switch windows to single screen it still does it.
-
Ubisoft are giving away Assassin's Creed Black Flag for free on PC via Uplay https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/assassins-creed-black-flag/16/
-
I've seen the videos pop up on facebook every now and then, they are really funny.
-
I only have the slow link detection and hardened paths set and my new build laptops pick up GPs fine over wifi without needing to connect wired first.
-
-
As far as I'm aware it doesn't match anything, What you upload it as is what it stays as, I heard somewhere that if your track matches another in it's library it will only keep one copy and share it between multiple users but the name you gave it will remain the same. As for copyrite, there doesn't seem to be any checks that you own the music you are uploading but I guess that's because it is still only accessible by you and you aren't sharing it. I uploaded my entire mp3 library that I had gathered from various source (legal on not so legal) during my youth about 5 years ago and I can play it all back now without any issues but with the advent of streaming I haven't even looked at it in over a year.
-
I read somewhere that they'd added in support for connecting to Bluetooth speakers in the summer, is that not the case? I'm swayed towards Google home over Alexa mainly because I'm more heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.
-
I'm on Xbone so can't join you but I'm sure there are a few PS players on here that will.
-
Don't blame yourself, I think it was more that Rich didn't understand the mechanics of the pools, it does say 270 recommended for the raid and I'd put that figure closer to 290, I'm sure we can do it again at some point and get past it no problem. I'm going to spam Rich with Raid walk-through's today so maybe next time we won't end up trying it his way for an hour until we convince him that that's not how it works. Was a pretty good night though and even the little bit we did get through got us plenty of engrams.
-
This is a problem with the TTS driver, uninstall the visualiser in device manager and make sure you tell it to remove the driver and let Windows find and use it's own one.
-
I have mine installed on my software share and a link on the common desktop, multiple user can run it from there at the same time and Windows 10 installs it's own driver for the visualiser that works better than the TTS one.
-
^ This, I've watched several guides and it still looks super complicated
-
I've got a few guys that want to try the raid but getting 6 of us all on in one evening has proved to be a challenge, feel free to add me and we can try and get one done GuyJD on xbox live.
-
USB Drives - Encryption or banned?
GuyJD replied to tj2419's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
I'm in the process of encrypting my servers, my on-site laptops/desktops don't allow saving locally so I'm no encrypting those. -
My wife left me because I'm too insecure. No wait, she's back. She just went to make a cup of tea.
-
I would say it points to a wifi issue, is it just one device or any that you connect? also is it on any AP you connect to or just one?
-
I saw another video saying they were getting rid of the travelling tent and the cringy celebrity section
-
Wow!!!
-
[sims] Sophos Intercept X preventing SIMS.net install on Windows 10
GuyJD replied to kennysarmy's topic in MIS Systems
This appeared on the LGfL Support page today -
Nooooooo, I don't even let my kids use it at home, it's open to anyone and has unfiltered chat in it.
