Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

GuyJD

Members
  • Posts

    1,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GuyJD

  1. Sounds to me that is could be a hardware fault, especially as it's happen on 3 of the same model and I'm guessing probably from the same batch, have you check if this is a known issue with HP?
  2. This fixed it, thanks in case anyone else wants to do this the AD option is "Disable synchronisation of data with Google"
  3. I agree but unfortunately the kids are in year 3 to 6 and getting them to sign in (and out) with their own accounts just doesn't work so instead the use is monitored by staff in the area and by myself via iTalc.
  4. Thanks Ephemeral mode has solved the zooming problem but now it opens up 2 tabs when opening Chrome the first being a "Take Chrome Anywhere" tab asking you to sign in to a google account and the second being the school's website that is the only page listed in my startup url list. Now I need to find a way to get rid of that first tab, my GP settings are set to disable Welcome page on first browser launch.
  5. in the communal area they laptops are all logged in under a single user account I didn't really want to put a note up because that'll show more of them how to change the zoom and make the issue worse.
  6. Abe, check your PM's
  7. @AbeFroman <-------- brought a smile to my face that did. I have Smart notebook 11 as an exe but from what I can remember it does need a licence key even though it was one that Smart gave out themselves for free.
  8. I've had to allow the url http://mmg.whatsapp.net/ otherwise pictures fail to send and download
  9. GuyJD

    Gaming Chat

    Didn't pre-order from Amazon UK then https://kotaku.com/fans-unhappy-as-some-amazon-xbox-pre-orders-miss-launch-1820223123
  10. I'm having an annoying issue with our communal area laptops at the moment, there are a group of students who think it's absolutely hilarious to zoom Chrome in to 500% or down to 25% so when the next pupil uses it they don't know what to do and I then have to go an sort it. So the question is, does anyone know of: a) a way to disable zooming in Chrome b) reset Chrome to 100% every time it is started c) a powershell command to reset it remotely that I can schedule to run every hour on those laptops. I've checked through the Chrome group policy settings and can't find anything relation to zoom control, I'd even be happy to get Chrome to open in a default state every time it's opened but I can't find a setting for that either.
  11. I thought I was the only one that looks at that thinking "what were they doing all the way down that end of the school"
  12. GuyJD

    Gaming Chat

    Ubisoft are giving away Watch Dogs on the PC via Uplay If you claim it by the 13th it's yours to keep forever https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/
  13. I bought our head a HP 250 G5 and threw in an SSD for good measure, the rest of the staff have G4s at £50 less but the head has a silver one so feels special lol
  14. GuyJD

    Gaming Chat

    Yeah if you work as a team it makes for some really great games, I do find the squad balancing is not very good though, quite a few times last night I was squaded with sub level 10 team mates and put up against full squads of prestige players.
  15. GuyJD

    Gaming Chat

    Had most of the day off today so played some Ghost Recon Wildlands 4v4, I know i'm late to the party on this but it's really good, not your average run and gun pvp, this one you actually have to watch what you team mates are doing and try and sneak up on the opposing team while one of you team usually provides overwatch with a sniper rifle. Really good fun but when I played this lunchtime it only had 400 players playing, didn't struggle to get a game but I hope it's not dying out now that I've only just played it.
  16. I've just literally sent of the PO for getting the new camera, I went with the Panasonic HC-V770 managed to get the camera, protective case, external mic and 64GB SD card for just over £400
  17. Here you go, this is everything youtube related I have, some of it my not be required but I was getting so fed up with things not working that I went overkill on it [url="https://youtube.com/"]http://s.youtube.com[/url] [url]http://youtu.be/[/url] [url]http://youtube.co.uk/[/url] [url]http://youtube.com/[/url] [url]https://m.youtube.com/[/url] [url="https://s.youtube.com/"]https://s.youtube.com[/url] [url="https://www.youtube.co.uk/"]https://www.youtube.co.uk[/url] [url]https://youtube.co.uk/[/url] [url="https://youtube.com/"]https://youtube.com[/url] and I also have a keyword of ytimg.com
  18. me too, you can create a custom report under your Webscreen 2.0 menu you should see 'Reports' In there you can do an I.P on demand report, punch in the windows 10 machines I.P and select the past hour or so and after a minuter or two you'll have a report showing every url the machine has tried to reach in the selected time frame and importantly whether is was allowed or blocked. edit- I can give you all of the urls I've had to put in to webscreen to get youtube working here if that's helpfull?
  19. We find that parents don't really visit our website unless it's to look for information like term dates, if we post stuff on our twitter and Facebook linking to the website we get a lot more parents seeing what we want them to see. Our Twitter and Facebook have been running for around 6 months, we're a primary in South east London, we've not really had any issues with replies, replies aren't displayed under your tweet as such you have to click on the little reply bubble icon to see any replies, we see it as the school can't be held responsible for someone elses reply and so far we've had nothing but good replies. With regards to security settings we don't go down the locked unless approved route rather we use it as an extension of our website, if we wouldn't put it on out site then we don't put it on social media.
  20. That's very strange, can you monitor your filtering while trying to access YouTube to see if anything is being blocked?
  21. Can you ping i.ytimg.com from the Windows 10 machine?
  22. yeah the price point is looking like the stumbling block with this, I've found the Panasonic V770 for £400 and that does everything I want but like you said I'll need a mic on top of that.
  23. Is it possible you could use the inspect element option in Chrome on a windows 7 machine to see where it's getting the thumbnail from and compare that to the windows 10 thumbnails, maybe windows 10 uses a different thumbnail. Mine is picking it up from https://i.ytimg.com maybe windows 7 doesn't use the secure url for thumbnails and because of that they displaying.
  24. I need to get a new video camera for school and I'm not having much luck finding what I need as item descriptions aren't very detailed on the sites I'm looking at, I need a camcorder that can: Record at a minimum of 1080p Record for 60min + (either connected to external power or on a single charge not a DSLR as they are limited to 30mins max by EU law) Have an external mic input (so I can use a wind shielded shotgun mic for outdoor recording) Record to SD card Have tripod mount and if possible a hot shoe to mount the mic on Oh and under £300 I know it's a big ask but if anyone knows of a camcorder that can do all of that let me know as I'm slowly going insane looking at Amazon descriptions and watching YouTube reviews in the hope of finding one. I'm finding ones that have all of the above but are makes I've never heard of so I'd prefer a big name brand.
  25. All of my machines here are on 1703 and I've not experienced this problem or had anyone tell me they are having this issue, I'd be more inclined to think it was a filtering issue myself, do your Windows 10 test machines use the same filtering as your Win 7 machines?
×
×
  • Create New...