Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. I agree! Spot on!
  2. IanT

    Inspectors In!!

    welll it was the first day the inspectors were in....................it didnt stop in the morning!! people running around, me doing my walk round see if everyone was alright regards to technical stuff...........................then the internet crawls like a dead dog!! why why today!! I hate teachers, they are thick of poo!! get me a gun!
  3. I've just seen this thread and watched that video.................I'm sick and tired paying for all thes lay abouts...............I hear the same old thing..........i cant find a job! its hard............crap total crap! get off your ass get out there, posting cv's, internet sending cv's local papers, high street! THERE IS WORK out there just get off your @ss and do it!! my hard earned cash goes to u lazy people! :mad:
  4. IanT

    Inspectors In!!

    Quiet!!! They've been coming up here urgenty wanting little bits done, updating, uploading!!! lol Almost had 2 teachers crying!!! - I thought get a grip!!!
  5. What sort of Programming u after? VB, HTML? This will sound silly but in Norfolk are for some odd reason there are tones of Web Desinger Jobs, VB Programmers! jobs going up there check reed.co.uk
  6. I know a company called GSL do IT jobs for education not sure about programming.
  7. Inspectors (Ofsted) are due in Wednesday and Thursday! ..................I've never seen the teaching staff work so hard hahaha
  8. Hi Guys, Just installed a new wireless access point, just chking the stats and it saysin I am getting "Collisions" on the wired ethernet Statistics below: Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time Wired Ethernet 100M/Half 2350 118296 11 810322 9178548 00:22:03 Wireless 11/54M 9208 3439 0 1562314 455046 00:22:03 any ideas?
  9. I've just had a problem with our Printer Spooler service stopping!! I requested a patch from M$ and they sent it over......seems to be oki atm!
  10. I've been in the IT game since I was 17, was doing a part-time ICT Technician role while i was at college then went onto full time, I picked up experience doing support etc and built it up from that. If you want todo IT Support the best thing in my opinion is get your foot in the door somewhere doing IT Support and progress from there, I did and now im 23 and a Network Manager at a school! Qualifications are good but there not everything trust me!
  11. I've used this beta for a while now, excellent application!
  12. IanT

    Idea

    I've tested it over VPN and does run slow.
  13. IanT

    Idea

    Swinging, just what I wanted to hear! I will build my SIMS TS tomorrow then!!
  14. IanT

    Idea

    Guys, Staff want to use SIMS from home, 2 options use it via VPN connection which I do not recommend or I setup a terminal server with SIMS on, they log in and use it there. Has anyone else done this, is it a good idea?
  15. IanT

    SIMS Dec 08

    I found out the other day from our SIMS guy who does the updates that a small update was applied to our server..................they didnt even tell us!!! i was very p@ssed off! november 08 stats update / low profile update they called it
  16. IanT

    Cheap Toner

    Morning Guys, Anyone know where I can get cheap toner?
  17. Parcelforce, UPS, CityLink, Royal Mail - I've had many many problems with all of them in the past. Royal Mail managed to lose a tele in the post........dont ask! which was never found! plus they damaged a laptop in post! All of these companies are a nightmare and I try my best not too use them, if I had the money I would drive my parcels to where they were going, simple!
  18. We had a contractor do ours but me and my right hand man have done the odd cabling lately.
  19. I've been with Be* Internet for over 1 year now on there Be* Unlimited 24mb/2.5mb service! Excellent ISP!, the modem I got is: Netgear DG834N (make sure you have the latest firmware for this adsl2+ modem though) I sync at 20Mb :D:D
  20. I use WAMP on our servers for the staff, has a PHPbb forum etc etc, great application it is
  21. I've downloaded build 7000, and installed on VM, looks good.
  22. IanT

    Windows XP SP4

    Interesting article......Microsoft just cant leave XP to rest hahaha Bink.nu | Microsoft Extends XP Life Again, This Time for PC Builders - Bink.nu Ian
  23. Backup Exec will do this job, there is a cool feature in 2007 to have the exchange database replicate to another server.....
  24. I've got Be* Internet at home, I get a lovely 20Mb out of my 24Mb package! very happy with them!!
×
×
  • Create New...