Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. My brother mite be interested in this. I will see if I can find his mobile number
  2. I have PM'ed you.
  3. I've just booked an appointment with them to come in next week. Ian.
  4. Yes I have thank you Nice feature isnt it he search button.
  5. Hi Guys, Just had a meeting with my Business Manager today at the school and she wanted to know if you can get the SIMS application on a handheld device ? Can you? I know alot of schools use a Tablet PC's with SIMS. Anyone? Thanks.
  6. Im after a company who can offer a Managed Wireless System? Anyone know a good company?
  7. I used to work near hampton court lol You got MSN at all???? you the Network Manager at that school?
  8. What school do you work at?
  9. Whats all your views on Server Virtualization these days? Do you think its great? You havent been won over yet? Just being nosy.
  10. IanT

    boot problem

    boot off a xp cd and do a fix boot or fix mbr, one of them should fix it.
  11. IanT

    Server Migration

    looks good to me.
  12. NAS you cant carry out the door if there is a fire. Autoloaders are good, put tapes in leave it, take a weekly tape home etc Quick recoveries - Volume Shadow feature (Just used it now for a kid)
  13. Im personally not a fan of the NAS Backup solutions at all. Backup tapes
  14. Not a daft idea at all, the first school I worked in a few years bk had to go with a 6mb/s microwave link which was provided by the LEA, didnt really have any problems apart from when it really rained! lol that was when boardband wasnt in the area!
  15. If you got MS Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition "there is no default configured database size limit, and no software set maximum size." < the word from Microsoft. When installing exchange always install on another partition on the server with about 100GB+ free.
  16. Could be the screen, I think there is something called an "Invertor" which is behind the plasic around the screen, disconnect it and reconnect.
  17. I've done that before to reboot one of the DC's and it just HUNG!!! remotely!! But rest of time works lovely!
  18. oooooooooooooooo I tend to reboot all my servers every half term.
  19. How often do you reboot your Servers?
  20. 5x Laptop Hard Drives 3x 2GB DDR2 ECC Sticks Blank CD's Air Con Controller Web Cam
  21. We had inspectors in last week - we did very well I heard lol But this week so far has been so quiet!!! for us! its dead! :confused:
  22. I got my first IT job at a school as a technician and met the Network Manager via a forum like this, meet up at the school, had a chat got the job!
  23. How many of you guys use VLANS on your network?
  24. Hi tmcd35, What I prefer todo is stanardise as much as possible, Here at my school we all have Windows XP and a mix of Office 2003 and 2007, what i plan todo is upgrade all too Office 2007. In your case I would hang on for Windows 7 and push that out, I say keep up to date with the latest software. But make sure you have enough power on the desktops to run Windows 7 if you do go over to that. Ian.
×
×
  • Create New...