Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Hi Guys, Im looking for a ICT Technician (Temporary) to join my team from January 2009 through the summer. Person im Looking for: We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated ICT Technician. The post will be temporary initially until the end of the summers holidays. The successful candidate will be required to look after the day-to-day running of The School network along side the IT Team. This is a hands on role with doing alot of server work, desktop builds etc. You also MUST have excellent communication skills to allow you to deal effectively with staff and students alike, you must also have ALOT of initiative. Technical Skills: MS Windows XP, MS Windows Vista, MS Windows Server 2000, 2003 & 2008, Active Directory, Projector Setups, Symantec Ghost, Basic Network Knowledge (Patching) Please email CV's to me.
  2. I've just setup Apache on our server at the school installing phpbb, very easy to setup, i prefer it too IIS.
  3. IanT

    phpbb forum

    Sorted it now guys, I was using program called EasyPHP......found that Wamp Server and its all working. Ian.
  4. IanT

    phpbb forum

    Let me give that a try. Ian.
  5. IanT

    phpbb forum

    I only wanna use this forum locally in side the network.
  6. hey guys, just a quick question regards to phpBB3. I've installed it, configured it with Apache and MySQL etc working great.... Only thing is that I cant figure out how to get to the forum using the address, I can access it using: http://localhost/forums (on the server) but not with http://scs-srv-it01/forums or http://10.16.1.45/forums (when i go to any other server/workstation i cant) Its going to be someting so simple I know! so sorry.
  7. IanT

    2 Address Lists

    anyone got a guide for this, as i dont wanna balls it up
  8. IanT

    2 Address Lists

    True, but hey!! thats teachers for u!
  9. IanT

    2 Address Lists

    ooooo okies, I was hoping you would say that lol
  10. IanT

    2 Address Lists

    Hi Guys, Just had a request........ SMT wants the kids to have email addresses......but they want 2 seperate address books (One for Teachers and Students) lists so the kids cant see the teachers name/email address..... Is this possible. Running MS Exchange 2003 Standard (soon to be upgraded to 2003 Enterprise) Thanks, Ian.
  11. wicked, does anyone off the top of there head know if the school was to upgrade from exchange 2003 to 2007 enterprise for 2000 pupils how does the license work for that
  12. Hi Guys, Anyone know any good License Software Companies, for example they can sort all correct license stuff out. i.e. I have over 2000 users they all need email via web access and outlook, server is Exchange 2007, whats the best license type and way. Thanks!
  13. I read and watched a presentaion on Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition the other day which impressed me. Linky: http://www.symantec.com/business/backup-exec-system-recovery-server-edition Ian
  14. okies, is there anyone on here got VLE in there school or how its run
  15. I know what it stands for sorry.....what does the VLE involve
  16. Just a qucik question....regards to this VLE......What is this VLE? Sorry for suck a silly question!!!
  17. Agreed, I will get back to you guys after a week and see how things are. Thanks,
  18. lol .
  19. No its a Member from teh SMT, not a teacher.
  20. One thing I have gone when speaking to him via email is his opinon on things, do you agree with this and that etc
  21. SMT who is working closer there atm.
  22. Thanks Guys, all comments taken onboard. Thats what I was going todo is see how things go for a week and then sit down and have a chat. Im a fair guy and will give anyone a chance so we shall see....
  23. Hi Guys, Just a question on how do you deal with difficult staff members in your team? I've been told by a certain person at the school im starting one of guys has a BIG problem being told what todo.......otherwise he strops! I do in my head have my ways of dealing with this but wanted to know have you had to deal with one of your members and sit them down and tell them im the boss you do as your told and pull ya finger out. Thanks, Ian.
  24. We have these at work, great things!
  25. Swinging, cheers mate
×
×
  • Create New...