-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
Hi mate, the school im starting at said "it never seems to work properly"......I will find out what they mean and go into more details, from the responces im getting from everyone here seem mixed about SIMS. I will find out, if its a problem are you able to help in anyway. Ian
-
Thanks Mate, I havent started at the school BUT will be interested what you can offer. I will get back too you. Ian
-
pfffffff RM, I wipe my bum on RM
-
or go into the GPO and set what .exe you want opened and the rest will be denied, how we stopped the kids opening downloads
-
thanks mate, I will have alook at all.
-
Hello Guys, Just a quickie to find out what Helpdesk software you use at the school. I've used a few in the past and installed some like....touch paper, web centre, custom built one. What ones do u recommend? Thanks.
-
Thanks Guys for all replies, keep them coming. With some of these companies, Zen, BT etc......are they able to install all the kit for you and get that part up and running? Thanks
-
Was just in the process of finding it on there web site!! thanks!!
-
I was thinking of a normal ISP like Zen or Be* but I cant remember if these too companies do any web filtering etc I would defo go with be*, use now and used in past.
-
Hi Guys, Does anyone have any recommendations apart from SIMS, as the school I will be working for would like "to move away" from SIMS? Regards
-
okies thanks, im interested as the school I am going to be working for will want a new provider so Im getting a head start on School ISP's. IT
-
Hi Guys, Whos your ISP for your schools?
-
could it be your build/image? maybe wipe one desktop and just build that one see what happens. IT
-
ICT Technician - South Hampstead High School
IanT replied to Curtis1972's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I'm interested.......... how many technicians are normally on-site, what stuff are u limited at doing? -
ICT Technician - South Hampstead High School
IanT replied to Curtis1972's topic in Educational IT Jobs
30k for a ICT Technician!! -
Network Manager - South Hampstead High School
IanT replied to Curtis1972's topic in Educational IT Jobs
looks like a good job, sent cv off -
Hi Guys, Im just curious to where you guys come across IT Jobs in the education sector. Cheers, Ian.
-
Sent email over with CV. Thanks.
-
Hi, Came across this forum, looks great! I'm working in London atm doing all IT stuff (3rd), worked in a school before and looking atm to get back into the school IT (IT Manager). Ian
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I agree with you there, when I worked at a school 4 years ago or so, it wasnt just IT IT IT all the time, I did get involved with the kids and help them too, I enjoyed to so much and miss it and wanna go bk too it but this time with good pay.
-
ICT Systems Manager - Excellent West London School - circa £37k
IanT replied to mambulance's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Filled out my forms, sending off tuesday.- 7 replies
-
- london
- network manager
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah, I can understand that yes, what I'm really looking for is an IT Manager role but they are hard to come by and no im not looking for a easy ride thank you. I have applied for one 10mins down the road to where I live, its paying 30k for a Network Manager. Regards.
-
I've been working in IT for over 7 years now, and personally the interview and jobs I have had dont require alot. None of my roles in the past asked for MSCE's or CISCO stuff and personally its not that hard to get a IT job.
-
Yes, sorry. I worked in a school for 4 years as a Senior ICT Technician, it was a brand new school, all the latest technology (laptops, wireless, pda's etc etc). Then moved into the london area working for a media company doing IT Support for 1 year, didnt really enjoy it. My current role at present I have been with for 3 years, I work for a Outsouced IT Company, mixture of clients, all hands on, lots of 2nd and 3rd line work. Skills, All MS Windows based software from 95 too Vista/2008, ms exchange 2000, 2003 and 2007, install of networks, servers, switches, racks, cabling, deployments.....plus alot more in cv! Im the hands on person who does 2nd and 3rd line work, im on 26k atm, willing only to go as low as 25k and up as far as poss.
