Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. As soon as you start using the 50 meg line alot Virgin will cap u.....have fun!
  2. Yeah, you need to install Exchange Management software from the CD, that will give you all the tabs and system manager to administer from a workstation or another server.
  3. you havent got any NIC Software running have you? Teaming? Failover? Load Balancing setup on the NIC?
  4. Exchange 2003, Enterprise Edition (SP2)
  5. Hi Guys, I've just finished setting up email accounts for all the kids, set the permissions on public folders etc etc My next task is to stop the kids from seeing the Global Address List....... From reading some web sites they say dont mess around with the permissions, any thoughts or other ways? Thanks!
  6. My List 1. Upgrade Mail Server to 4GB RAM 2. Office Cleanup/Move around 3. Reboot of Servers & Switches 4. Test Class Management Software
  7. hey guys! whos going in for part of the xmas holiday, if u are u got any mini projects on, whats on your list? being nosy
  8. Do you know if there IT is going to be managed ?
  9. lol it does yeah, I spoke to someone at the school and as soon as I heard the words BSF I was very uninterested lol She said "The school is part of the BSF project for September 2011. It is likely that the ICT will then be outsourced but we really do not know as yet." Hang up byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
  10. Came across this job on the net today, mite interest someone...... I'm staying away from it as its a BFS project for 2011 I was told...... Welcome to Elliott School A Comprehensive School with an International Dimension ICT Systems Manager Salary Range: PO3 £37,324 - £38,949 (pay award pending) http://www.elliott-school.org.uk/News/PDFs/081119_advert%20ICT%20Systems%20Manager.pdf
  11. I got 2 RM Laptops we are getting rid of soon or i'll be binning them
  12. Got it working now! thanks guys!
  13. Yup, very odd
  14. nope, im going to do the GPRESULT next. Ian.
  15. nope, no network drives are connected or anything, no old ones.
  16. I've gone onto a laptop, logged on as me.......... I run the batch locally and runs fine but still not applying when logging on (and yes I have put it all in the AD and GP etc)
  17. Nope, didnt work. Ian.
  18. I've never had todo that before. Ian.
  19. Here we are, bog standard it is: @echo off Net Use I: \\shackleton\IT Net Use H: \\shackleton\Home\%username% Net Use Y: \\yoda\data Net Use P: \\shackleton\ReceptionPlasma Net Use S: \\skinnerssims\SIMS Net Use G: \\shackleton\UTILS Net Use M: \\shackleton\MediaShared
  20. Maps network drives
  21. I've just re-written a few logon scripts.....both a .bat and .vbs file. The logon script applies perfect on my computer ONLY for some reason......but if i go to another pc or laptop nothing, I know this is a silly problem!! any ideas?
  22. On RAID 5 you should have it like this: Total Array Size: 584GB Total Useable Disk Space: 543GB
  23. You got a good set of qualifications there. My self I dont have many but I have bundles of experience and thats paid off with me being a Network Manager
  24. Hi Mate, Have you still got this????
×
×
  • Create New...