Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. IanT

    quiet!!!

    maybe lol but I cant sit on here all day, got servers to reboot, servers to update!! lol
  2. IanT

    quiet!!!

    Im on my own today, one of my technicians just called saying hes daughter is ill and the other is off this week, just me today...........I got no one too talk too
  3. IanT

    quiet!!!

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No Kids, No Teachers!! its lovely, relaxing today as its half term!!
  4. Sitting in front of my computer waiting for a phone call from the GF to pick her up from a friends................at 12:30 at night
  5. I've done the Office 2007 Admin Install before "command setup.exe /admin"
  6. IanT

    Ping Issues

    check cabling could be a dodgy network card somewhere check switch status (maybe reboot them) check you havent got any Ghost Casting running (MultiCasting)
  7. stupid question so sorry....... education management systems, what is it really?
  8. IanT

    Nova-T4 Problem

    Doesnt work We rang are LEA and there is no one there too help!! rang captita and they say u get support from your LEA....go to them!
  9. Got an issue where when ever someone tries to go into Nova-T4 they get: "User "username" not known, please get your system manager to set up your access rights" everyone is getting that..........it was working fine this morning!!
  10. IanT

    New Job!

  11. IanT

    New Job!

    haha, I saw that job advetised on the net a few weeks bk, i was gonna apply but it was too far of a drive for me plus the money isnt paying enough. May I ask how old you are Ian
  12. IanT

    New Job!

    I went into my school blind with no hand over, took a while to see what was what and where.
  13. IanT

    Desktops...

    Dell do some good spec computers, you might get a discount.
  14. IanT

    New Job!

    Well Done, where is your new job Ian;)
  15. If the laptops have XP Home on and have the XP Home COA on the bottom then you wont be able to put XP Pro on them, you will need to purchase the licenses for them. Why are your staff using XP Home anyway .............. worrying
  16. Sorry but what a load of rubbish I hate ICT Managed Services! The guy who said he was a Systems Manager didnt look like he had a clue anyway. Im bitter sorry
  17. I know M$ do a GP Tool which you can run on a cleint to see what GP has been applied.....cant remember where or naming though.
  18. I used to just use Symantec Backup Exec and also use the Database Copy feaure in Exchange 2k7, it used to replicate the .edb to another server location. Worked great!
  19. Look in the local security policy local security policy shut down option - Google Search
  20. OPPPS sorry, should of said what areas I can visit. Surrey and London areas
  21. Hiya guys, Hope your week has started well...... I need to make a few visits to a few new or new...ish schools too look at the IT Infrastructure, how the kids use the IT etc etc anyone wanna offer me a visit?
  22. I setup 2 blackberry devices for the heads at my school, no need to download software, just registered it on the vodafone site, configured email in there account and boom! done!, they only wanted it for email, works like a treat.
  23. applied the policy and works fine now, checked a few laptops and the secondary server address/settings is now set
  24. IanT

    ICT Vision

    Can someone recommend me some New School/Academy's that I can visit. I want to look at the ICT side of things, technical, kids using ICT etc etc Im not looking to see any managed service rubbish, plain and simple in-house. Ian.
  25. ahhhhhhhhh thanks guys think thats what I was looking for
×
×
  • Create New...