Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Hii Guys, hope your all well, My Question....... Have a MS Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition Server, will be looking to upgrade it too Enterprise Edition to take the advantage of the Storage Groups. I've read on the internet that its just a Install over the top, is this correct. Want to double check. Thanks, Ian.
  2. this link mite have that info on: Managing Domain Controllers with Active Directory Directory Services
  3. Im starting my new Job as a Network Manager end of this month at a school in london, I've spoken to the IT Technician there whos gave me a list of things regards to IT Problems..... One of the things on the list was that staff dont know how to Print and Save...........yes you heard me some dont know how to print and save!! They've had a few network managers in the past few years and from seeing the setup and problems they have, there network seems abit unloved. They have no proper way of helpdesk installed, sims keep crashing. It will be interesting when I start.....but I'll be on here alot more then! Ian.
  4. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- Download latest driver there from the ASUS web site
  5. ARP Issue maybe
  6. Personally I wouldnt allow the kids to connect there laptops, full stop! If it was a member of staff I would check it over first for virus, spyware etc etc Ian:)
  7. Volume Manager 2.0 supports and is aimed at Server OS's used it on 2000 Server and 2003.
  8. On the properties of the users profile there is a section to restrist what times they can logon etc. I used todo it with the Kids playing Unreal Tournament, could only play or log onto the "Unreal" account after 4:30PM. Worked a treat!
  9. Check these links: Limit Logon - Active Directory True Last Logon Restrict access to a PC based on time factor Bink.nu | Limit Logon released!! - Bink.nu
  10. IanT

    SIMS Errors

    Thanks for all replies!! I will get back to u!! Ian.
  11. IanT

    SIMS Errors

    Hi Guys, Thought I would post some errors that SIMS seem to be getting. Error 1: Cannot remove the specified item because it was not found in specified Collection : System.ArgumentException Error 2: S:\SIMS\Connect.ini file : System.Exception Any ideas?
  12. So many choices lol
  13. what fibre switches do HP do?
  14. excellent, thanks guys When the new building opens I WOULD LIKE CISCO STUFF but that would cost a bomb, so next stop will be all HP stuff i've worked with.
  15. okies kool, are your admin and curriculum on the same domain/network?
  16. Hi Guys, Just curious to how your network is setup, i.e. what hardware you got on the back end (switches etc) How is your admin and curiculum setup. Thanks.
  17. Whats the BSOD error you are getting? Have you got SP1 installed for x64?
  18. IanT

    Using XP or Vista?

    I'm hoping to move a school over to 2008 Server and Exchange Server 2007 in 2010 when the new building is done. Atm current setup is XP Pro and 2003 Server
  19. I tried to get insurrance money back from my loan with HSBC......they didnt wanna know at all.
  20. haha well when I was in 2006 and a little younger I wasnt the greatest at money, but all sorted now I did all the letter writing my self.......go to this site: Reclaim £1,000s has everything u need.
  21. ahhhhhhh okies, running Roaming Profiles IMO can be a nightmare to run, having users download big files onto dekstops and eatting up space on the desktop/server. Causes too many problems Roaming Profiles.
  22. Are you running Roaming Profiles?
  23. I got £1150 back from HSBC in 2007.
  24. IanT

    BGinfo help!

    I just create a shortcut of bginfo.exe and dump it in the Startup folder for all users on my servers Works fine!
  25. IanT

    slingbox

    I've used one and set a few up for a client, wicked little devices, I know the external IP of there slingbox so remote in from home and watch Sky with ALL channels :D
×
×
  • Create New...