-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
I want world peace, and for people not to put their trees up until Christmas Eve!
-
I didn't take it as an offence I'll take it as a compliment that you are comparing it to a paid for solution
-
Just took a look at the screenshots to that, and I think BookIt looks a lot different, and is probably lacking a lot of the features they have there at the moment. I've not researched any booking system to 'rip off' when designing this - just merely designed it around our needs as a school, and this is what came out. I don't - can you recommend a WordPress plugin that can do this?
-
CSV is a possibility, but not an over-nighter. Can you leave that one with me and I will definately look into it.
-
Date can be a calendar, and I have added this to list of things to do. Got your PM about IIS and I am looking into this now, to see exactly what I can do with it. Can definately add a lesson field to the booking Thanks for the feedback - will look into why this may not be working. Seemed to work fine for me though - could it be the address is blocked where you are?
-
Anything and everything that ever happens in Fallout, and most of the stuff that has happened in all the COD series. Love them all.
-
RM Network - Change station name without rebuilding?
Hightower replied to Akumos's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Assuming you mean RM CC3: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/networks/21424-rename-cc3-workstation.html The answer is still no, it can't be done. CC4 on the other hand, I have no idea as have not dealt with that yet. -
network technicians acceptable use policy
Hightower replied to maestromasada's topic in School ICT Policies
We all sign the same AUP here, but a lot of it also comes down to trust in my opinion. If you can't trust your technicians then should they really be working in a school with confidential data? A lot of it is common sense. I would hate people going through my files willy nilly, and expect it not to happen. So what gives me the right to go through other peoples files. If somebody phones up and I need to VNC in to their machine, I always ask if it is okay to remote in as they may have confidential data on the screen. The amount of times I've been emailed a confidential document that someone can't open and needs converting - do they stress that 'its confidential'? Not here, they expect you to do a job, so you do the job, deleting any copies of the email straight after. Like I say, have them sign the staff AUP, but trust goes a long long way in a job like ours. -
Seen on the news this morning the rain you've had down there. We were about 11 miles from Plymouth in the summer holidays, and it wasn't the best weather then either.
-
BookIt v0.1 (Beta Release) Any feedback please PM me or use the Contact Form on the link.
-
I'm sure there's a folder in the profile (C:\Users\Username\SendTo), and you just drag any shortcuts into there, so to get compressed archive back on, find where the exe sits, create a shortcut, and move it to that location.
-
Just booked my train ticket to BETT. I am getting the early train down on Thursday 13th Jan. What day(s) are you going to be there?
-
Or the charva's membership address: [email protected]
-
Erm, no fella, because that would then be the '24 days of Christmas'
-
No, they should go up on Christmas Eve, and come down after 12 days. The 12 days don't lead up to Xmas, they start on Xmas day, and finish on 5th Jan. If people stuck to this, Christmas would be a special time of year. But thanks to shops starting Xmas sales in August, and people putting up their decorations in October it lasts half a year, and therefore is no longer special. Hey, it's my birthday in August, who wants to celebrate it with me now?
-
We've been running ours for a year or so. We're using 64-bit Ubuntu on an ESXi box. The VM is allocated 8 gig RAM and this runs easily for 800 users (700 students/100 staff). It's all installed on the same VM, both the app and the database. Backups are a snapshot of the VM to a NAS each night, so restoring takes no time if we need to as it just redumps the image from the night before.
-
Christmas decorations shouldn't go up until Christmas Eve.
-
Potential Employer: "Okay, we're just about done here. One more thing, we're a modern company, and we contact the successful candidate via email. Can you just confirm your email address please?" Me: "Yeah, sure. It's [email protected]" Potential Employer: "Just as we thought, you won't be suitable for this position. Get out"
-
McNasty, Unlucky Fried Kitten et.al. to write govt policy on obesity.
Hightower replied to Andrew_C's topic in General Chat
Last time I was in MD's they had the nutitional info on the back of the tray liner paper. I'm sure you could ask for a sheet to take a look before you buy if you so wish.- 17 replies
-
- corruption
- food
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ah, maybe it is already then.
-
lol, more neg rep for 'whinging' now, probably from the same person I expect. Keep it coming
-
It's beautiful....
-
On a side note, has anyone seen this yet: HOMEFRONT Can't wait for it to be released!
-
@teejay: No worries mate. We had guests over the weekend, and one of the lads had paid for the 'big' fight and was waiting till he got home to watch it (and hear the result). Went to the pub for a swift one where he heard the result - £15 down the pan lol. Just can't believe how immature people can be. If I'd offended anyone then fair play, but neg rep for a post like that?!
-
So not only has the race been spoilt for me, someone has neg repped me. Sheesh you get some ding dong ends on here
