-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
Good charity, Good shout! I'm bidding on the Haye photo. Joe
-
Personally I quite like Muse covering Feeling Good by Nina Simone......I would say they are on a parr, but for different reasons. If you get a chance check out MPHO and Placebo both covering (very differently by the way) Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill.
-
Go for it.I think of all the good tips above, a partnership is great advice. If it's your first foray the knowledge/experience from a partner can be invaluable,as can your skills to them. Float the idea to a few perspective clients and listen closely to any feedback,get a sweet website...work your cajones off (Ask Dos_Box about the 10,000hr rule) Good Luck.You'll never regret it Joe
-
Of course not....and (if I make it to 40) I'll be sure to be moaning about that too, any excuse really...that and grey hairs at my age!
-
Absolutely genius thread (makes you feel good to be alive and functioning properly!) Sadly I have a few to add... Whilst working at 'Hellcyon' pitching copier paper...a customer asked me whether I could fax them a paper sample..... Another beauty was when my friends and I were discussing why Sony PS1 had raised bumps on the lid, proudly my friend crowed "durr you prats (edited)....it's brail!!" We still laugh about that one.
-
From what I've read the latest update adds SNMP features to the ZoneDirector, but some are finding they're not pushing down to any of the APs (sods law) You can still add SNMP to the AP but it is limited and has to be done through secure shell/SSH if you have the pooower (flimsy highland accent)
-
Cod MW2 - Username: StreetMutt1982 - add me at will Hope you don't mind if I add you up, most of my mates are only interested in Fifa...not popping heads off with a scoped rifle! Joe
-
REME? RAF? ruddy fair play, some pretty hardcore resume action happening here. Nobody fancy helping me out with something as drab as mine? Oh ok then, just me. Played computer games as a kid,played games with my friends as a lad,played FAR too many games as a young man,and now I play games with the good lady chewing my ear for it. 28....and getting twitchy about 30 Joe
-
Budget is realistically £2.5k and downwards, as for engine anything up to a 2 litre (had a look at insurance for a 2.5l BMW 323i- ouch!) and MPG in all honesty not too fussed about it; mileage is greatly reduced as I live 3 miles from work nowadays rather than 20 in the past! Ric- what sort of thing springs to mind on the German/ Scandinavian front? Scriocco's jump out but most I'm coming across have been to the moon and back in terms of mileage... Cracking input Sted, cheers for that- and for once in my life making me happy that I'm 5'10- no headbanging for me! michael2k6- I'd looked at some of the Astra Coupe's but had been struggling to find one with less than 100k on the clock, 130 brake sounds like it could be fun though... Also I'm in total agreement on the Ka though this particular advert did make me chuckle (NSFW or animal lovers): YouTube - Ford's Evil Twin Commercials - Back to Back! Thanks, Mark
-
Good people of Edugeek I have a dilemma- to fill you in on the background, my lovely little Corsa died a painful death on a duel carriageway last week; cam belt went going 70mph and has mangled all 6 valves. So after a police rescue and a expensive recovery I’m on the hunt for a new motor, this is where the dilemma comes in... Basically for insurance, cost and MPG I'm having to put the Buccati Veyron on hold for a while and so been looking at some lower end coupes. The issue is that the main one I’m coming back to is the Ford Puma... so my question to you all is whether this is an out and out woman’s car or whether I can survive driving one with my dignity and reputation intact? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers, Mark
-
I moved into a house 3 months ago, 3 bedroom semi with a full loft conversion (my bedroom) I have it on good authority from the sellers that it was built 6 years ago for 9k, proper stairs, spot lights, shower enclosure,velux window. This was a good price back then. I would say roughly 5k-6k based on the breif you mentioned, I'd only advise ensuring you have 2 windows (im paying for a second to be fitted at the minute, as it's like a sauna without a through-current!) Best of luck, it's a big job but I bet you'd get a helluva kick out of the finished project (not to mention an exponential growth in the value of your house!)
-
...I stand corrected! I don't feel as lonely now...
-
Helluva long thread this one....not sure if someones mentioned it....... The best Android app yet is 'Scanner Radio' nothing better than listening to LAPD arresting some hoodlums at any time of day. Sadly not many UK scanners feature yet....stay tuned though. Cracking phone, absolutely blows the Xperia out of the water...now it's just those pesky Apples to deal with!
-
Hello I am Chris from CP Ltd. I thought I would say a quick hello......Myself, Joe and Mark log in at different times and I realised i have never properly introduced myself. I say newish as CP Ltd aren't new on here but I am! Nice to meet everyone! Chris
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Crikey it is bad enough on Facebook! Chris
-
Go Android!!! However don't do as I did with the Nexus One....love the phone....but can't see evidence of anyone else here owning one!
-
have you ever considered a revamp?, possibly some red border work to catch the eye more effectively?
-
Sadly no festivals for me this year, absolutely gutted cause I love to squeeze a few in every year. I've only been to reading once 2008 (RATM,QOTSA,Serj Tankian,Biff) absolute quality. The line up this year looks nailed on, Cypress Hill owe me at least 40 mins of a set after walking off stage at MK all those years ago. Have a cracker, any spare tickets surface..give me a nudge-Reading that is..
-
best use of a Ruckus dog yet....we had a different one in our office, personally I didn't like it. In fact it downright intimidated me
-
Love the films (the AVP were a stretch...some pretty good gibbing though) huuuuuge fan of the originals,so much so I even brought home 2 statues of the Alien and Predator characters from Thailand. We'd taken pictures of 6ft tall statues made from scrap metal in Samui (even using sparkplugs..astounding craftmanship) I found a small shop nearby selling smaller efforts, even using bike chains for the pred's dreads. Both have pride of place on the mantelpiece, well worth having my hand luggage ransacked at our exchange flight from Mumbai early last Jan. Those with good memories will know why a parcel full of complex metal fibres caused havoc through the xray....ooof!
-
My brother takes great pleasure in sporadically enlightening me with various images from Hubble and other telescopes. Crab Nebulai in particular highlight just how little we can ever know. A fascinating subject, especially when fused with imagination....an example was the (in my opinion superb) film K-PAX, and the theories of light travel explored by Prof Hawkins. As humans our minds only flaw is limited comprehension, usually our sole barrier to progress...and remembering where our keys are
-
well it's all changed since my day....all we had were a few PC's in the sixth form block (hugely embarrassed when I returned to my secondary school a year or so ago to meet my old head of year and kmount who quickly cited my entrance into the 'IT naughty book' for some rather murky adolescent surfing!!) I very nearly dropped down dead on the spot I can't believe how many tricks and traps are at your disposal nowadays...no wonder the student's hacking skills are on the increase!
