Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Correct; then we have passive systems which have a polarization on each eye, at 90 degrees to each other, and alternately projected polarized images. Saves a shed load on batteries
  2. want! Boss says no though
  3. I remember playing with it in primary school...
  4. It's in Access, largely because it needs to be maintainable by the staff there.
  5. Total Protection Service Advanced - Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Anti-Spam protection managed by McAfee is what you're after I think. edit: overview - http://www.mcafee.com/uk/small/products/security_compliance_services/
  6. I favour roundcube. I think you need a two-legged approach: one to download your mails for you, and one webmail interface to read them. I don't think you'll find something that does both purely in a web language. Me, I pipe incoming mail to a maildir and use roundcube to read it if I'm on the move, or IMAP from a fat client if I'm somewhere sensible. One copy of the mailbox saves deleting stuff twice on my phone
  7. I wrote one in house (not for school, elsewhere). It handles all aspects of assets, insurance levels, census and reporting, PAT records and certificates, etc.
  8. Personally, on the SBS server I support, I've used McAfee Total whatsidoo, which comes in a block of licenses and includes spam filtering, and is installed and administered through the web. This has made it much easier for me to manage remotely.
  9. No. They're totally different software, I don't know why you're trying.
  10. This is really hurting my head... A 'New Posts' for me doesn't catch all of them, because my last visit time seems to update even when I'm not here (overnight, for example). Over the course of a couple of days, I've made sure I don't have any browsers open and visited at intervals, and the last visit time seems to be about the current time -1 hour. Reproduced with Chrome dev channel on Windows 7 and Iceweasel 3.5 (Firefox) on Debian sid.
  11. Isn't the domain admins group domain-local?
  12. 18 hours does not qualify you for a bump. How rude. In answer: yes, I used to run a forest of four domains from one console, quite happily with a two-way trust. I'm not an expert though, I never dared play once I'd set it up.
  13. we have hangman and highlow now too
  14. I was also taught to only drop into first to pull away again, and in fact the car I have now throws an absolute fit if you try and get it into first above about 3MPH. In any car, I'd be concerned about trashing the gear mesh getting into first while moving.
  15. Clonezilla (truly free software in the proper sense).
  16. IRC isn't out of date any more than SMTP is. It's still an extremely light protocol, it scales well in most circumstances and it's an open, RFC-based standard, something lacking in a lot of chat protocols lately.
  17. Official EduGeek chat is an Ignite XMPP server, it's just broken for now.
  18. As a lot of members will be back for the first time today, and since Ignite is still out for the count: *bump*
  19. Was there a question in there somewhere, or were you just announcing it in case anyone else was wondering? I guess you want to know what's wrong and how to fix it (please)... I can't reproduce it. I'd like to hope it was a transient error in their javascript, so if you try later you might find it's working again.
  20. I set up a wiki page for co-ordinating lifts, finding out who's staying at the Ibis, and so on. Please review it, add your own details, etc. Conference2010 - Wiki (mods: sticky/announce please?)
  21. Does that mean we're going to have 'buy me' names from now on? EduGeek Vista? Or maybe we could have Apple codenames - EduGeek Pussycat?
  22. Tip: post a forum thread if you actually want an answer to this.
  23. How about Mibbit.com Webchat client ? edit: thanks to jackd, now with auto-configuration - just pick a name
×
×
  • Create New...