Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

smithson83

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

Everything posted by smithson83

  1. As per title Does anyone know how to get the Device/User name on the iPads lock screen. It was set and present when I used Apple Config, but I can't see the option in Lightspeed, and now I've changed the wallpaper it's gone. Makes it difficult to tell which is which.
  2. should that not be... wait for it... Move and I'll shoot
  3. Think this is it https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/kb3148812-breaks-wsus-server/ think I essentially, uninstalled KB3148812, restarted, everything was ok, went through th e steps, and then reinstalled the update (or all new updates from MS not WSUS), and everything seemed fine. ps YMMV
  4. Think I had this error the week. It was a windows update that screwed everything up. I'll see if I can find the notes
  5. If you do find it, I'd love to know what it was, login time is a big reason I'm not looking at moving over
  6. Do you really need a touchscreen for the second display? So long as the kids can see what is being done, thye can always walk to the IWB to make changes, and would save you a considerable amount of money.
  7. Just a quick SRP Question... Is there much difference over using "User Config" vs "Computer Config", when specifying SRP (other than the obvious one of it applying to users/computers in the applied to OU...? Which are you guys using?
  8. Stupid Question No.3 Is there much difference over using "User Config" vs "Computer Config", when specifying SRP (other than the obvious one of it applying to users/computers in the applied to OU...?
  9. I'd try the reseat, if it doesn't go green, gracefully shutdown the server (after hours), unplug the green PSU, and see if it powers up ok, less risky that way...
  10. Wehave a mapped drive whereby staff have full access but pupls only have; List folder, Read Attrib, Read Ext Attib, create files permission. Nothing else. This means they can only COPY/PASTE files to that drive, but once they have done so, they cannot read or delete that file. So they can't pilfer others work, or use it for music etc. The contents are also deleted each night to keep it nice and clean. they can't lose any work (in theory) as they have to save it to their Documents first then copy it.
  11. Is that not the default on Cisco kit?
  12. Link https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2013/03/howto-make-a-doctor-who-bells-of-st-john-style-wifi-name/
  13. I went with (pilfered) (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) Just because I can only have one SSID on my Sky router and so couldn't have #1 (set to100%) My WiFi brings all the girls to the yard #2 (set to 90%) My LAN is better than yours #3 (set to 80%) Damn right Mbps better than yours
  14. Our prices went up a little each year even within the 3yr agreement...
  15. Our prices for this year have gone up already (our 3y agreement comes to an end in Aug), as our supplier has quoted on level E pricing, not Level F (think I read somewhere the got rid of the Level F tier). Our supplier is saying we need to sign up to a 3Yr agreement so we don't face the year on year increases until 2018. I was under the impression we would get the same pricing with 1year rolling agreements with it being a renewal and not a new agreement.
  16. @Duranis How did you get on with the IPEVO VZ-1's, I'm facing having to cut huge amount out of my budget, and £120ea on these would be a great help over £500-1000ea on replacing like for like on our current flatbed GeenieVisions
  17. Kinda wanna go to Canada now...
  18. From my tests, they change each time
  19. Cheers @Steve21, will give that a shot. Initial test seem to work ok (Sims runs with just that inplace)... Just need to find a client that needs updating now
  20. How do you guys deal with SIMs updates, I had to disable the policy this morning to get clients to installs the updates properly. I have set the SIMS Drive letter and UNC path to unrestricted, but I had to set %temp% to unrestricted, then the updates install, seems it creates a host of tmp files in there. How do I get around this, any ideas?
  21. OK, stupid question No.2... How do you guys deal with SIMs updates, I had to disable the policy this morning to get clients to installs the updates properly. I have set the Drive letter and UNC path to unrestricted, is theres anything else (other than ProgFiles and ProgData) I should be allowing for this to work properly. Just waiting for another machine to wake up so I can test Hashes for SOLOUS, SIMSLoad etc EDIT: Just set %temp% to unrestricted, then the updates install, this obv isn't a good idea, must be missing something...
  22. I wouldn't say stop moaning... you need to get something out of the job you're doing, otherwise you waste away. I'm in the same position, albeit just me in a medium sized Primary. Everything is (mostly) working fine, and I have little trouble from day to day, nearly all of my job is user requests or in-class support. I am starting to think about looking further afield if only for a new challenge.
  23. another moment, sorry, forgot to specify both x64 and x86 Prog Files dirs. I was tempted to jump straight to Disallowed, but I'm going to slowly turn the screws
  24. Cheers for the start @Geoff I trailed setting SRP to "Basic Access" as default with a few (inc above) set as "Unrestricted", but strange things stop working, like IE, just flashes up and closes. Am I missing something obvious
×
×
  • Create New...