Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

smithson83

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

Everything posted by smithson83

  1. You could try Scanning for hardware changes in Device Manager, not sure if this could be scripted
  2. Is anyone one here, in a Blackburn or Darwen Primary school thinking of going, or already gone, their own way with their Internet Provision? We had a survey sent round back end of last year asking what our inclination was, we voted to leave, but getting any further information out of whomever is proving to be very difficult. If you are in the area I have a couple of Q's If you have left the LA SLA; 1) How much, if any, of the top slice did you get back? 2) Have you had any issues since you left, Sims, HR etc 3) What level of provision did you go for (FTTC/FTTP/ADSL etc) / size of your school? If you are thinking of leaving; 4) Do you have any more info than the nothing I currently know about the whole thing? 5) Why are you thinking of leaving? Ok, it was more than a couple... but any more info would be really useful, as if we are to leave, I, and you if you're thinking the same, are gonna have to decide pretty quick to get it in place before the renewal is due.
  3. We still issue staff laptops, but they are ones that have been replaced from classrooms, so are 3+ years old by the time staff get them. New Batteries, bit of a spit shine, fine for what they use them for.
  4. how do you get to the food and water if the mattress is on top of them?
  5. That's sick, and crude, and just simply childish... ...Love it
  6. Damn, wish I'd seen this earlier.... Next year
  7. People like that are just...... I feel for ya. One reason why I went last night, against my now sleep deprived better judgement
  8. AND NOW I HAVE THAT SONG IN MY HEAD....AGAIN....
  9. You won't get any from me, hate it when that happens... I will say.......... AWESOME
  10. Anyone go? Thoughts? Personally, Loved it... , but V...V Tired this morning
  11. We run BA, you pay for the number of installs you require, so eg, 1) You have one Hyper-V Host, and on that host you have 5 Servers, you need one licence, as you have installed BA once. (plus you'll need the Hyper-V Restore add-on) 2) You have two physical servers you want to run BA from, you have other servers you want to backup files from, but not bothered about a system restore / bare metal recovery... You need two licences, one for each install, you can "Collect" files from remote sources on your network, and add them into your backup selection. 3) ***DISCLAIMER: This is from memory and may be in accurate*** You have Two servers you want to run BA from, and 5 physical servers you want to have bare metal restore capability... you need 7 Licences. PLUS you get 30% Educational Discount
  12. £16,200 for the 84" Surface hub... or... £5200 for the 84" Promethean ActivPanel Touch...
  13. Is there a way you can create a Custom Report based on the groups I have setup in the console, eg Staff, KS2, Year4 etc. Ideally I would like a set of reports for several groups that can be exported and sent to SLT that includes the last weeks violations.
  14. Do you have the option for MESH mode (not Depeche Mode), and use a standard Unifi AP? (Sorry for the vagueness, I use ruckus)
  15. Our nightly onsite backup takes ~ 6 - 8 hours to backup 1.5TB, its recently gone slow, used to be <6hrs
  16. I can't attest to these specific switches, but usually you create a ring on stacked switches, so the top of the stack connects to the bottom of the stack. that way if one switch fails the stack can still operate ie SW1>SW2>SW3>SW4>SW1
  17. There's a similar thread here where a guy was having this issue. In it, there is a link to a MS Page detailing a clash between Chrome and Skype. I tried it, and it did reduce my disk usage quite a lot, made chrome usable again.
  18. I was expecting a Starbucks...
  19. Well, upside.... its not just me:D
  20. I've had the "New Portal" email, couldn't login, went to reset my password, nothing happens, just sits there looking at me, mocking me, begging me to click the button again....
  21. @DaveP I can finally get on with some work, that was seriously doing my head in. There are a few on there I've never hear of, a few I've not seen, and a few, that, well,
  22. @DaveP maybe if you PM me the list of what you HAVE got, I can tell you one you haven't, not that I'm trying to cheat or anything - upto 48 and stuck on a few, I'm sure they're on the tip of my tongue
  23. ok, im up to 46 with a bit of googling, now this is getting to me... think we may need to poole our resources on the more obscure ones
×
×
  • Create New...