-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
As browolf says... mine will only work with prefix computernames. What are the names of the computers that you want to select?
-
Sorry its not a .bat file.... but it is .vbs and runs on logon
-
First 3 letters of firstname First 3 letters of surname Year they will leave the school in... So for example.. Joe Bloggs in Year 7 (leaving 2014) would be.... JoeBlo2014 Teachers have the same format but without any leaving year
-
DOH!! *makes note to read whole thread* I just copied it from our internal faq page as its one I dont want to have to dig around for
-
lol!! I dont know what your on about... its all from my expert knowledge of SIMS... Hoooooooonest
-
This is from supportnet - KB88695 - It stops poeple connecting to the sims server... except the server itself (I have the sims client installed on the server to test with) How to force Users out of Sims.net KB88695 THIS SOLUTION CANNOT BE USED FOR HOSTED SQL INSTANCES The following workaround will terminate any current connections to the SIMS SQL Instance, and if users are actually using SIMS .net, this will force them out. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Please set the Surface Area Configuration of the SIMS SQL Server to Local Connections Only. This means that only applications that use the SIMS SQL instance on the Server, itself, will be able to connect. This will stop the user refresh from logging into the database when trying to upgrade, and allow SOLUS, DBupgrade, and DBAttach to complete successfully. To re-configure this, please do the following: Click Start All Programs Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Configuration Tools SQL Server Surface Area Configuration Click Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections From the instance list, please click Remote Connections under the Database Engine for the correct instance (ie SIMS2005) Click Local Connections Only (The 1st radio button) Click Apply Click OK to the message Click the Service Click Stop, Click Start This will stop the Users from connecting to the Server outside of the actual box Run the specified application as required When complete, please do the following Click Start All Programs Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Configuration Tools SQL Server Surface Area Configuration Click Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections From the instance list, please click Remote Connections under the Database Engine for the correct instance Click Local and remote connections Click Using both TCP/IP and named pipes Click Apply Click OK to the message Click the Service Click Stop, Click Start
-
[pics] Genuine DVDs Vs. Pirate DVDs
siuko replied to computer_expert's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Mainly ambient / trance etc -
[pics] Genuine DVDs Vs. Pirate DVDs
siuko replied to computer_expert's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I dont know if thats quite true.... I can still tell the difference between an mp3 file and a flac / wav file. -
Hi, Can any suppliers quote me for a replacement battery for a Fujitsu Lifebook C1410. Ta very much!
-
[hosting] Recommended Webhosts/DNS registrants for a small business
siuko replied to Geoff's topic in Web Development
I always use Tsohost Web Hosting - ASP .NET, MSSQL, PHP, MySQL Support - Domain Registration - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting myself. Fast reliable and best of all the support is great -
Software development projector management etc
siuko replied to siuko's topic in How do you do....it?
Thanks - Evernote does look interesting but not quite what I was looking for... It looks nice for the brain storming / ideas / notes section of what I'm looking for. But would like that to be a small subsection that I use to start the project off and keep my ideas in. I would also like a major part that stores the code changes etc and possible code updates I may decide on etc. -
I am looking at trying my hand at a few small projects. Mainly just to learn some php / mysql. Can anyone recommend any software - either web based or stand alone that can help me with my developments. Such things as basic note taking for the ideas of the projects Code snippets that can be possibly shared between projects etc I dont really require any time based recording as I dont have any sort of time limit to playing about. Its mainly just somewhere to store all the little bits of info and also more detail code and code changes etc once I start getting into it properly.
-
LOL!!! Thats one brilliant film and will probably come true! Idiocracy
-
Who isnt it showing for? (Everyone? Just teachers? What permissions are the users who it doesnt show for using?) Have you configured a user's homepage and reset to defaults to see if its just disabled? As sivadam said - it could be permissions. Are you using sims defined permissions or your own created ones?
-
Very good post Mako!! Yes there is voice chat if you enable it
-
I would generally say that due to the open nature of wow and the ability for everyone to chat to everyone else it wouldnt be suitable for primary school children.
-
What concerns you about it? People are able to easily chat with any other player on the same faction as them so it is quite open.
-
[fog] FTP connection to Storage Server has failed!
siuko replied to Batman's topic in O/S Deployment
Adding Storage to a FOG Server - FOGWiki Did you create the mntcheck files etc? I followed the instructions on this page when having similar issues and it worked -
Not tried this on my DG but looks promising: From https://answers.launchpad.net/webcontentcontrol/+question/64206
-
If its the full stop missing in the vodafone.co.uk then that looks more like a fold in the advert when it was put up.... as the O above doesnt look quite right too
-
Can I be the other way and Say.... I would like to stay in IT.... but... Is there a mythical job where I can work in IT and get paid well but there isnt Manglement and Users to deal with? If anyone knows jobs like this please let me know!!!!!
-
Suppliers with good websites, stock levels and eta
siuko replied to siuko's topic in Recommended Suppliers
Thanks everyone for the replies I have always found looking at websites my preferred method to find what I want - so a good easy to use website is important to me. I'm sorry but I dont really like talking to sales people most of the time as they always want to try to sell me stuff I also have an account with ITIndex / Probrand and their website is a little slow and hard to find things on. I've also found most of the suppliers on here to be of the type (quote me and I'll get you pricing) rather than having websites with the pricing fully available. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that at all - its just my funny way I like to look for equipment) Anyways thanks all - shame more businesses dont concentrate on their websites a little more for user friendlyness -
Can anyone recommend any good suppliers who have... a) Good prices (well this one is always needed!) and importantly b) Good easily browseable websites so I can check what they sell etc (rather than me having to ask for quotes) c) The website should also show accurate stock levels AND eta's for items. I hate to say this but as an example I really do like the Incite Direct website (but due to issues I have had with them in the past I wont purchase from them any longer.... )
-
Lol!! Managed to close it via task manager! Now added to student and teacher banlists!
-
117
- 122 replies
-
- adobe
- adobe badges
-
(and 6 more)
Tagged with:
