-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
[sims] "Print Timetables" in reports menu - which permission(s)/key(s)?
siuko replied to LosOjos's topic in MIS Systems
I haven't got sims in front of me as I'm at home but as far as I remember you also need to allow something like... Curriculum > Edit Classroom Teacher Its really odd as that then allows them to (not surprisingly) edit the classroom teacher... which is why I haven't implemented it yet! -
Doh! thanks for clearing that up... not near where I live
-
I viewed it... but not knowing exactly where it is sort of puts me off? Which city is it located in?
-
Cool well thats a start... I will look at Remote Desktop first.
-
Is there anyways to lock a Windows XP workstation with a specific message on the screen such as "This workstation is being upgraded - if you require urgent access please contact IT Support" But allow an admin user to remotely do updates behind the scenes? I know that terminal services can do something similar on Servers but is it possible for workstations?
-
Wouldnt that bat file be located in the relevant OU policy folder? Each OU will have its own seperate folder that you can browse to with 'show files' when you add the bat script (well this is if its the same as Win2k hehe) I normally use the sysvol/mydomain/scripts/login.bat location for when the login script is allocated in the user profile.
-
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Can you disable username/password pass thru on IE so that it has to request your username and password to browse sites? If you do this so you can check that it is requesting the details correctly and that it is also reading the username and password correctly from your DC. -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
My Dansguardian access log shows this : 2010.8.10 12:13:06 (username here) 10.25.74.1 Google GET 221 0 1 302 - normalgroup - The username here was my username - I checked my squid logs and they dont seem to contain any usernames? -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yeah its definitely not picking up your username in DG so it dumps you in the default group. In your squid logs is it showing the username at all? (I think you mentioned earlier that it was) -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Can you also get it to show username so that you can find out exactly who it thinks you are? -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It must be reading your username correctly though to be able to say its going to ban you... Are your filter groups reading everything right? You can change the dansguardian access denied page to show which username is being banned - if that helps... -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm guessing that means that its working ok? -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Can you restart your server just incase the conf isnt updating and try authing again and post 3-4 lines of the log file to see whats happening? -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is it anything like this > 0001616: Dansguardian should enable ntlm authplugin when using ntlm auth in squid - Mantis -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Silly first question but do you have anonymizelogs=on in /etc/dansguardian/dansguardian.conf? Mine is commented out... -
Need a Dansguardian / Squid configuration expert
siuko replied to Number6's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Where have you got so far with it? Are your logs showing any helpful errors? -
I think it could do with being a bit more basic for my nerdy geeky wowaddled brain... Wasnt the initial video that started it all to do with the size of the universe and how small and insignificant our blue planet is?
-
Hehe What was the original reason for the post?
-
They would quickly rewrite their religious literature to include it (I wonder how many times most have been rewritten for the benefit of the people in power)
-
Isnt it strange that happy sysadmin day coincides with the start of the school holidays? Maybe its actually happy school sysadmin day
-
Nope never had any issues with the forum at all. I dont tend to do anything naughty though
-
I have been with explore to Norway and Italy and on both occasions the group was about 12 or so people approx half were couples and the other half single people. As long as you are ok with chatting with people you should get on ok. Also try exodus (thinking of trying them next as they seem to be more open about how things are on the holidays - try reading the forums)
