Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Michael

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    12,849
  • Joined

Everything posted by Michael

  1. Can't say I have, are you using a relatively new version of Papercut? Papercut 22.0.7 is a solid build, but there are issues (not to do with reporting) in Papercut 22.0.8.
  2. I'd say more than likely this is probably firewall related in some capacity. For example (as I configure), the Windows Firewall is disabled on the LAN, but enabled off the LAN as one area to investigate. You could try with a subset of users disabling the Windows Firewall off the LAN and see whether this narrows down the problem.
  3. Here's a general summary of error 631 which may help!
  4. It's a regular SIMS feature - navigate to \Documents\My SIMS Documents\ and delete their named folder Bloggs J. Re-launch SIMS and the folder is re-generated automatically.
  5. In late December/January I set all Shared Drives to a quota of 2TB and My Drive's to 300GB (for Staff) and 10GB (for Pupils). You have a pooled data quota of 100TB overall. Google said in their documentation that all Shared Drives without a quota would be set to 100GB and made read only say it was 105GB for example.
  6. Hi all, Another O365 Phishing site to block - accurtation-mammogen-unillumined.s3.eu-central-003.backblazeb2.com
      • 2
      • Thanks
  7. Is it suitable = Yes, depending on the version used. I have to agree, LTSB/LTSC are definitely more suitable and lightweight. Is it less applicable = Yes also. Why? More and more services are becoming cloud, so are perfectly accessible within a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. We don't necessarily need a full blown OS anymore, as the browser becomes the OS. I'm yet to meet a single person, IT Professional or not who gets excited about Windows Features.
  8. The Offline Files service needs to be running (as a starting point), and you can specify the max number of cached logons - both do-able via GPO. Your desktop share (on the server) should allow caching by default, unless an admin has turned this off.
  9. Actually - I think this is the correct location Amend the Inbound policy, scroll to the bottom and select Edit allowed and blocked senders and domains, then select Block domains. Any domains or TLDs will go into the Junk folder of the recipient, rather than be quarantined or blocked as such. I think this is a better strategy, just in case something genuine did arrive.
  10. Thanks, it looks promising but is somewhat clunky. Once I've added a few TLDs, I can't then edit to amend/add to the list. What actually happens to the email? Does it arrive in Spam or bounce back? Again very unclear Microsoft!?
  11. Thanks for your reply - so for example, there was various spam emails arriving from a .co.nz domain recently and being based in the UK, it's highly unlikely we'd need to communicate with our neighbours New Zealand It's not the first time, so rather than block specific domains, such as company.co.nz, to block co.nz in its entirety.
  12. Hi all, What's the best way to block TLDs (Top Level Domains) in O365? TIA.
  13. You're right it does, but in theory adding the Arbor domain to the exceptions should do the trick and/or just add the no-reply address in full, rather than the domain? Another idea is to add the Arbor domain as safe within the Anti-spam Policies
  14. Not sure, unless there are multiple/conflicting rules? An easy workaround is to use a generic school account and send out emails using this account to pupils.
  15. I can confirm this is now working connecting to smtp.office365.com
  16. I agree, if you want a local Exchange managed in house, managed by IT and behind a firewall - absolutely fine (but still time consuming), but the Rackspace Exchange hosting vs. Microsoft's Exchange online - even for a small business doesn't make any sense!
  17. Type 4 are typically more basic in functionality (compared to Type 3), but also Papercut (and possibly other print management solutions) have limitations with Type 4.
  18. A quick Google - it means insufficient permissions. Have a look here for guidance.
  19. If it's the same error I'm thinking of, it means Windows isn't up-to-date and needs a newer patch. Anything from 2022 should do the trick.
  20. On closer inspection, what's even more odd is Rackspace are £1.59 more expensive than Microsoft's same offering - a 100GB mailbox (per month). This really doesn't make any sense to me!
  21. I'm not sure why anyone would want hosted Exchange vs O365. An Exchange Online Plan 1 license costs £36+VAT per year, per user.
  22. Realistically I can't see there being a fix for a while, however I know Microsoft will be disabling IE early 2023 on most versions of Windows 10. Logically Office Add-ins should stop working similarly when IE's disabled or IE's removed completely. It's not something I've tried.
  23. Afternoon all, Here's my working FMS bodge, based on the same principle as I posted here for HP iLO4. This is going to need quite a fix from ESS to work properly on Microsoft relays.
  24. How would they use their notebooks when WfH? Can't say I've ever seen a living room with a proxy server within it... There must be a mechanism whereby they can turn it off and operate without or transparently.
  25. On the server - SIMS logon screen 4 seconds. Signing into SIMS, again on the server - 38 seconds. This is on a 2016 Hyper-V VM, 16GB memory (sitting at 71%), 6 CPUs, 15K SAS RAID6 (2GB SIMS DB).
×
×
  • Create New...