Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. Your clients on untangle, how do they get there IP address, from untangle or from a windows server?
  2. I use untangle on our BYOD it is a nice piece of kit, but sometimes it can be a bit clunky. Have your run a report to see if it is being blocked? We put our local domain in the "Pass sites list" it could be as simple as that. It could on the other hand be that your blocking ports on the Firewall section. Or that there was routes setup in your network config.
  3. After Buying IBM/Lenovo servers for many years... None of them come with trays, The trays come attached to the relevant drives you buy. I believe we got some trays separately once before from a spares supplier.
  4. Here is ours.
  5. I think that is true, I have only every used SPF+ in them.
  6. Its the 3300 which has 10GB SFP ports, the 2200 only supports 10/100/1000 I know I have both
  7. You could try and reboot all of your switches, see if that does anything.
  8. I assume you have allowed ping through any firewalls on your devices?
  9. Time will tell, it always important to have the basics working fine first. So a healthy DNS server is a good start!
  10. Because the ip has 4.157.10 it will only record dns records for computers in that range. If you have 5.157.10 then you need to add a new reverse lookup zone for that range.... or modify the existing and remove the .4 so it will record any IPs with 157.10 in them.
  11. Funny, My UniFi system is sitting working perfectly with between 150-200 Apple devices a day. We are running BYOD with them and vast majority of devices are Apple, being iPhones/iPads/iPod touches and of course Macbooks. abillybob, have you spoken to Aruba yet about your issues? and what switches do you use?
  12. HaHa Peppa Pig ref for Mr skinny legs
  13. No, Windows updates were turned off. I only turn it on when I do updates then turn it off. Even after a reboot I can make it reboot by simply browsing to files (.ie within 3 seconds of logging in)
  14. I have a Windows Storage Server 2012R2 server. It will run happily serving files all day long with no issues. However If you log onto the server (both with a domain account and local admin) and start to browse files on it, it will just reboot itself. In the log files it simply shows that the logged in user initiated a reboot. It has also done this when using server manager, simply reboots. Don't log into it and it runs fine. It is a very strange problem and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas. Thanks
  15. we have been doing some testing on our BYOD installing certs onto devices. Our biggest issue is Chrome on ios devices won't install an unsigned cert.
  16. Is anyone willing to give rough cost on Foldr? It looks good but always sceptical of suppliers who don't have pricing on there sites.
  17. Having a quick look at the data sheets a DEM-431XT is a 10 Gig SFP and the DGS1210 does not support 10 Gig fibre modules.
  18. Unifi 3 stable release we are running. Only installed it after it became stable.
  19. Well with 75 Unifi AP's over two sites, including outdoor points, all I can say is they work pretty well, yes they take a bit more time setting up and you have to choose TX powers etc manually but never had anybody complain about poor coverage or slow speeds. Also have to say all 75 worked from the box and so far have not failed. (We are using UAP Pros mainly).
  20. If you know the ip range and the device accepts ping requests you could use something like angry IP scanner and scan the whole range til it finds an IP that pings back.
  21. The school would like some sort of online site which has 13 games options put each option only has limited space. They want a student to be able to pick a games option and there name is put on a list and a space is then taken up, and then obviously when a games option is full, nobody else can pick this. It will be on a first come first served basis. Any ideas at all where to start with this? Is there anything already out there that's either cheap or free?? Thanks
  22. Not too bad really
  23. This is a view from tower 11, you can see tower 12 in the distance. I am pretty sure in the rain it would be hard to see green flags waving from here travelling at 214KMH. Remember they also have an indicator on there steering wheels which shows them they are still in a yellow flag zone. this is telemetary/gps from suzka http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=30rmgp5&s=8 You can see the speed some of the drivers are going past sutils accident plus the speed bianchi was doing just before his crash. None of the drivers appear to be slowing past the accident and straight after bianchi goes off, Ericson passes doing the same speed Bianchi did and then Max Chilton. Bianchi either must have been offline compared to the others or had some sort of issue with his car. A very tragic accident. We really need more info from the FIA to get a proper full picture of the accident. On gravel traps, having had a good look at the track using google (both satellite and streetview) then comparing to the video, I think Bianchi only just clips part of the gravel trap with less than half of his car, his car seems to be mainly on the tarmac escape road, I firmly don't believe that the size of the gravel trap on this corner would have been sufficient to slow Bianchi down at the angle he seems to be coming off at. But meh, just my opinion.
  24. I have been using IBM servers for almost 10 years now, they have been bullet proof (still have two 8 year old servers running for background tasks). Only had 3 disks ever fail over on our servers and IBM SANS in 10 years, unlike our oracle san. IBM support was great on the occasions we needed them. I am disappointed that IBM will now be gone, but at the same time we use Lenovo desktops and laptops and the business side support we have had off them has also been great, so it may not be a problem. I guess time will tell.
  25. This is what I have:
×
×
  • Create New...