Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. Just to make clear.. the "power switch" connector, not to be confused with the acutal power connector
  2. If you use a PAT testing machine with a I.T testing function you won't risk damaging anything. Our tester has this function and has not broken the 3000 I.T items we have tested over the years. Use a a normal PAT tester without I.T mode and yes you will fry stuff
  3. We have been trying out Unifi for a while and have been so impressed, that I ordered 15 pro AP's this week, and we will be buying more when budget allows.
  4. Caretaking staff do most equipment, we are responsible for PAT testing I.T equipment.
  5. You are correct! Works perfectly now Thank you
  6. No it isn't, one of the printers the fading is just a band down one side
  7. We are currently having an issue with some of our Oki B440 printers. The prints are coming out very faded, we have replaced the toner and image drum but neither seems to solve the problem. Does anybody have any further suggestions? Thanks
  8. We Have two sites, total of around 900 students, 500 machines all Win 7, and around 18 servers (we are in process of virtualisation). We have a NM, 3 Technicians and 1 AV Tech. Look at this though Case study: Essa Academy's high-tech approach to education - 02 Oct 2012 - Computing Feature 900 apple devices and one technician because the students can act as technicians too.
  9. Still using lenovo, wouldn't go back to anything else, had a batch of acers and a batch of HP's over the years but the lenovo's still out live the others, and warrenty support has been the best.
  10. By cluster IP do you mean the IP of the ISCSI or a cluster resource IP?
  11. Do You have Cluster services on a domain controller???
  12. Nearly all of our lenovo's have been custom built, we use our sales rep at Insight and he sorts out what we need, never had an issue getting hold of what we required.
  13. TronXP

    World of Tanks

    I played late in the beta, and still play now, it's not a bad game in that you can pretty much pick it up and play in any mood, the free to play works to a certain extent but I have payed for premium account throughout, without progress is slow and tedious. Game play is pretty much the same all the way through and certain aspects of the game and drive you insane. Best thing to do is sign up and give it a go! As for gold ammo, I don't waste them in random battles only in clan wars or esl games. The "dice roll" for +/- 25% of the average penetration value makes much more of a difference. I still have gold ammo bounce of lower tier vehicles, there is a lot of random factors in the game. If your going for free to play don't go above tier 5 and you will still be able to make decent money and the game play is still fun.
  14. Please don't mock me for the rubbish web design Weather Station Weather Station is a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Software is Weatherlink 5.9.3 Some of the graphs are incorrect but I should be sorting it out over the summer.
  15. We use NG, its simple easy to use and for us anyway its been very reliable.
  16. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2039722096.png
  17. I know it was an example, but to avoid confusion, Juniper will work with other vendors fibre modules, however if you have a problem Juniper support will require you to be using Juniper modules for them to help you. I use a few of my D-Link modules in my Juniper EX-4500 and SSG-320M without any issues.
  18. I have my new junior school all on juniper and am moving my main school and sixthform over to juniper over the next few years, I also use there SSG appliances and so far they have been excellent. I am moving from D-Link to Juniper and there is no way I would rate D-Link above juniper.
  19. how many unifi units are you using?
  20. We are looking for some Touch typing software suitable for students from year 3-6, that will track the users progress as they use the software so that we can see if they improve over time. We are ideally trying to get most pupils to a certain standard before they leave to secondary school. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  21. We have been clustering in our school for 6 years or so, I had file and print services clustered on Netware 6.5, then when we moved to Server 2008R2 we continued with it. Clustering of services is brilliant for more than one reason. First of all, if a server goes down or has an issue, then your services remain. But the other thing especially for us, is that we can move services to another server then perform maintenance on hardware during office hours without affecting our service. Our school doesn't like paying us to come in weekends or late nights so this for us makes our life a lot easier. Now I am talking about clustering between services between physical servers using MSCS, not using any virtual as yet
  22. Yes, we were pointed in there direction by serco for suppling a server for CMiS\ePortal. Never never never again. I don't wish to go into details in a public forum however.
  23. I have been kitting out a primary school and was going to purchase netbooks. I had a meeting with a rep from one of the big manufacturers who told us not to buy netbooks, they were a price point product that most users found did not fulfil their needs and that they are going to stop producing them. How true that is am not sure but it made us think twice.
  24. These have now gone.
×
×
  • Create New...