Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. Found the problem! I am a numpty. In authentication I had "Windows Authentication" enabled. Disable this and it all works fine!
  2. Sorry I have been on holiday!, just back and had another look at this. All shares work fine from the server that HAP+ is installed. From anywhere else only the shares on the server that HAP+ is installed on work. Even if I copy the permissions from the share that works on the server HAP+ is installed onto another share on a seperate server it still does not work. Any ideas Cheers
  3. I have tried turning all the firewalls off and it still does not work. here is the error page:
  4. But even with "All" set I get unauthorised accerss..
  5. Hello, I hope someone can help, I am trying to set up HAP+ onto a Server 2008R2 domain. I have tried following the documentation and videos and I have got to a certain point and need some pointing in the right direction. The site appears to run fine on the server itself, logged in as a domain admin. But If I log onto it using a workstation with my account/teacher/student account then when I browse to my computer and try to look at a mapped drive I get "Error Unauthorised access". Any help would be appreciated Thanks Andy
  6. We just recently got a QNAP TS-809U-RP Turbo NAS, 16Tb of storage for around £2500. I must say for what it is I have been very impressed, some of the built in features are excellent and it joined up to our domain first time without a hitch.
  7. Network Manager = Me Network Techncian x 1 ICT Technician x1 AV Technician x1 Trainee ICT Technician (apprentice scheme) x1
  8. We had this "deal" 3 years ago or so, with "free" installation. They came out and did a survey then came back with a list of "additional charges" which basically came to around the cost of the "free installation". It appeared that the free installation is really a free connection charge.. not installation. On a positive however the service form BT has been excellent and an upgrade from a 8Mb on a 10Mb bearer upto 60Mb on a 100Mb bearer was quick and painless.
  9. All of ours are named after star wars characters, and most contratcors find it funny and is in no way emabrrising. In fact its made our life a million times easier, the used to be called XXX-01 etc and staff/students could never remember the names of servers. Its much easier for them to remember an error message about Yoda rather than XXX-01
  10. PM Sent
  11. Server Cabinets - Virtually silent, Sound Proofed Server Rack Solution I believe is what you are looking for.
  12. Can anyone verify if the probotix software works on windows 7?
  13. I have a problem and I am hoping someone here can help. When some users try to share their calenders, it errors saying "Can not share due to network settings" It is only with some users though which seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Thanks We are using Exchange 2010 and outlook 2010
  14. As much as I don't like Halfords, there own brand batteris aren't too bad their calcium batteries come with a 4 year warranty, they also stock the bosch batteries which are more expensive but very good (can get them cheaper of ebay if you can wait for delivery) and have a 5 year warranty. National Tyres stock Varta batteries which aren't too bad either.
  15. We pay 17K for a 30Mb leased line
  16. Last year when we had an icubator with eggs that turned into chicks, we used a webcam and streamed it to our website. It was a massive success but we had one problem, and that is the internet connection to that site is only an adsl connection which couldn't cope with the demand. Here on the main site I have a lovely leased line which will cope much better. so my question is, does anybody know if/how I could stream the cam to the main site and then from here feed it out to the public website?
  17. these aren't kyocera by any chance?
  18. Installing Moodle - MoodleDocs Disk space: 160MB free (min). You will require more free space to store your teaching materials. Memory: 256MB (min), 1GB (recommended). The general rule of thumb is that Moodle can support 50 concurrent users for every 1GB of RAM, but this will vary depending on your specific hardware and software combination. This includes hosting limits of PHP or MySQL on a hosting service. The capacity can limit the number of users your Moodle site can handle. See User site capacities Ours from memory has 2x Dual Core Xenons and around 12Gb RAM for amount of users it should have 18Gb, but its just not used heavily enough at the moment, we have roughly 900 users, I've never seen more than 100 or so on at the same time though. Early days still though.
  19. Novell Zenworks has been basically doing this for many many years. We used to use it all the time before moving to Windows servers. (although you can buy zenworks for windows severs).
  20. We moved from XP to 7 over the summer apart from the finance department. We really wanted to do x64 everywhere but there was just too much rubbish software mainly in the maths dept that won't run in x64. So we went with x86 with the idea of changing to x64 in the next 3 years. We have given each dept a list of there software which is not x64 compat and told them to find something else before the change to x64. This gives them a few years to find a new product and to spread the costs of change over a few years.
  21. When I moved from Novell to Windows 2008R2, I found this little program a great help in setting up users its AD Infinitum 2 AD Infinitum Active Directory network administration multiple user manager tool for Windows 2000 and NT4 It doesn't cost an awful lot and you can trial it.
  22. TronXP

    3d at bett

    Nintendo warning: BBC News - Nintendo issues warning on 3DS games for children
  23. Facebook can be set up so people can't post on the wall and it can be brilliant for communication to students and parents. Lots and lots of Students and parents use facebook, take advantage and use it as one of the communication tools in your armoury after all it doesn't cost anything!
  24. Yes it can along with many other things which are great at keeping students on track.
  25. We missed our application launcher too, in the end we went with this: Xia Links. Not quite as good as NAL launcher but does what we wanted. It is literally just a links page though, so you can but links to programs, websites and folders.
×
×
  • Create New...