TronXP
Members-
Posts
689 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by TronXP
-
We are considering getting a leased line to connect our two school sites together. Does anybody on here have this currently and would be willing to spare me a few minutes on what you use and how exactly it works in practice. Thanks
-
I've used getback NTFS and FAT for years and has always served me well.
-
Students get 500Mb to start off with and can be increased to 1Gb Staff get 1Gb to start of with and can be increased to 2 Gb We are looking into increasing this though.
-
Securing COA, so they can't be torn off...
TronXP replied to duncane's topic in How do you do....it?
electrify the case, just enough to keep them off. -
On a new workstation install when they try to update payer detail, it says "No FMSConnect.ini" FMS appears to work ok, seems to be the interface between sims.net and fms. Any suggestions? Thanks
-
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6850 @ 3.00GHz RAM - 6GB DDR II 2x Seagate Barracuda 320Gb (Raid 1) 2x MSI Geforce 9600 GT (1Gb) SLi Results:- Processor - 7.2 RAM - 7.2 Graphics - 7.2 Gaming Graphics 7.2 Disk - 5.9 Overall 5.9
-
Does anybody here use Pro-bots and the probotix software??? If so does it work on vista machines?
-
My vote is Lenovo Thinkcentre's. We have 300 or so, excellent quality first ones were bought 3 years ago and we have had an engineer out twice in three years.
-
They did the same to us, even though I returned the product. I will not be going anywhere near birchfield products again
-
We use that also, then our AV Tech sticks it ino soundforge and works his magic and the mp3's come out.
-
I did that, I opened the vacuum bag and found it, then hooved up all the mess I had made and this time made sure held onto the filter properly
-
One of these maybe? --|AD-666|PORT SAVER, 15-WAY HI-D | CPC http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/42380434.jpg
-
Sony VPL-EX3 colours gone funny
TronXP replied to SimonWindisch's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
In the menu there is I think it is called colour temp, or something like that which changes the colour scheme, I think by default it should be dynamic on the sony's have a look and try the options -
Internet Connections - What do you have?
TronXP replied to Virtual_Jas's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We have a leased line 8Mb on a 10Mb pipe supplied from BT, costs about £17.5k a year but installation I think was about £7.5K. Can't fault it, been 100% uptime and has significantly improved the schools use of the Internet. We were in a similar posistion to you having a 2mb ADSL line as we were so far from the exchange and no cable provision. -
OpenArena is good fun List of Open Source Games
-
Funnily enough that is what I use at home personally.
-
The Draytek Vigors are very good routers, we have two on our backup ADSL lines (not wireless). I would recommend them over the Netgears. (We got ours on recomendation of Panasonic for setting up some stuff on our phone system before we got our leased lines)
-
You can get sony educational with 3 years lamp warrenty
-
Is WOL enabled on the network cards??? This is normally done in the bios if the network card is built onto the motherboard.
-
Does anyone know if you will be able to update 2008 servers to R2 with a patch or will it have to be a reinstall?
-
Has anybody purchased this pack from birchfiled? If so: A)What do teachers/pupils think about it? B)Was installation ok? Did any problems arise? Thank you
-
We have around 300 lenovo desktops mainly A series but around 30 M series and they have all been brilliant, we have only had 2 engineer call out in 3 years since we started buying lenovo.
-
[openoffice - 3] Whats the current state of play?
TronXP replied to tmcd35's topic in Office Software
We are currently on Office 2003 but upgrading to 2007 over the summer. We have schools agreement with SA but have only decided now to move to 2007. -
Virtualisation - where to start?
TronXP replied to speckytecky's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
We are using VirtualBox All my techies have it installed on there machines and they use it quite a lot. I found it a good place to start personally when looking into virtualisation.
