Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. Our Junior department is looking for a database program to replace Granada Database. Do any of you have recommendations on which programs are good at this level? Thanks
  2. Our X226 has raid 5 we had a disk fail, it hot swapped no problems.
  3. Didn't even know I got one with schools agreement! Have just activated it, To activate, log into MS volume licening site and if your admin you have the option for "Software assurance benefits" click on that and follow the instructions.
  4. We buy nothing but Lenovo, and had no major problems with them, support is great but stick with the Thinkpad business class not the series aimed at home market. We are using R60's, R61's, T60 and T61's we must be near 150 now. We really like them for the build quality they are just so solid.
  5. Mine is close, but in the middle of a field................
  6. Items have been SOLD
  7. I have the following: Xerox 8500/8550 Black ink (3 sticks) Xerox 8500/8550 Magenta ink (3 sticks) Xerox 8500/8550 Cyan ink (3 sticks) These are brand new and unopened and Xerox 8500/8550 Yellow ink -which has been opened and one of the ink sticks has also been opened. (one of us opened it thinking it was for the 8560) New the black is about £40 and the colours each are about £60. I am looking for £100 for the lot if any one is interested.
  8. We have 24 of these, and they are absolutly fantastic, the quality simply blows the eeePC out of the water. The screens are vastly superior in quality, it truely feels like mini laptop and not some kids toy.
  9. All that I did, was in the Storage Manager I changed the Host type to Clustered (Supports DMP) originaly it was just clustered
  10. I am still using Netware....just, for another year or so before MS takes over its job
  11. try this malwarebytes use the free tool, it will remove any malware it finds, the paid version just gives you real time protection.
  12. Ah figured it out, was a setting in the IBM storage manager!
  13. hi, its a FC SAN no iscsi, and the disc appears in the disc management but it is offline. and it won't online i get the error message. cheers
  14. I currently have a Novell cluster with a SAN. I am messing around with Server 2008 and connecting it to the SAN also. I have added some new discs to the san, and made a new array. I then created a host group for the windows server and added the windows servers HBA to this and then mapped the drive. So far so good. Once in Server 2008 and disk management I can see the drive fine and the capcity matches up. However when I try to online the drive I get "incorrect function" error and nothing more. Have I missed something out??? I am a new to this Windows server stuff so don't be too harsh on me
  15. Yes we use Yenka here, it is nice to install the msi's are good and it works well. Defo recommend it.
  16. This is correct, all my windows servers are through Schools agreement, you just declare how many servers you have and you get full blown install discs, no need to have an exisiting O/S
  17. TronXP

    COD 5 [PC]

    I have it, its different to COD4 but after a while you get used to it. I think online the guns are lot better balanced then COD4.
  18. I think its this driver here that you need Lenovo Support & downloads - Atmel TPM (Trusted Platform Module) device driver for Windows Vista 32-bit, XP, 2000 - ThinkPad
  19. Sorry that you are still having the problem, one thing we noticed with ours, was that the problem did not occur when the battery was removed from the laptop and just run on the power adapter. Also have you imaged these machines or do they have a factory install of the OS on?? If you have imaged them then it may be worth factory resetting one and seeing if the problem still occurs.
  20. The power management brought up battery faults. Have you got the latest mouse drivers installed??
  21. We had a similar problem with our T60's and although it sounds strange it was a battery/power management issue. Make sure you have the lenovo power management tool installed. (we took it off when we imaged them) and also check the state of the battery. In about all the cases when we replaced the battery, the fault disappered.
  22. I relise everyone is on bloxx's back, but tru-view picked that site up straight away on our site. Bloxx takes quite a bit of tweaking and testing to get all the settings right. When the Bloxx was installed by their engineer he was very knowledgeable and talked us through most of the control panel, (plus the Bloxx user guide is pretty good in explaining all the screens and options). We had an issue with the LDAP and our Novell servers and the telephone support was ok, they had never really come across Novell LDAP which was a bit of a problem but together we got it sorted. Now we used to use Equiinets Netpilot, and Bloxx came in cheaper over a 3 year period, and so far their tech support has been a lot better. One of the reasons for moving from equiinet was their support. Everyone has their own opinions on what is best so the best advice from me is to trial the options before making a commitment. I think most of the webfiltering companies will offer you a trial period now, so take up their offer!
  23. Ours too, all our thinkcentres come with 3 years on site warranty. We have some m55 but not the m55e which I think are the uber energy efficient ones.
  24. M55e correct?
  25. what model was it that is having the problem???
×
×
  • Create New...