-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Hmm I think I still have a script and MSI that replaces console with RDP for a auto logon user. Shout if you want a copy.
-
Routing with Layer 3 Alcatel Omniswitch 6850-48 help needed...
robk replied to alexsanger's topic in Wireless Networks
Is the Mac mini running mac os x server? If so you should be able to use vlan tagging to create a virtual nic within the mac mini and route the same way. I Guess you want to keep broadcast traffic and mac dhcp off your main lan? Otherwise I would suggest combining the two networks at the ip level, and just leave the media dept to manage the mac software and restrictions etc.- 6 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- alcatel
- ip routing
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I second that, fantastic images.
-
Would this be video or audio only? VLC can multicast to a large no of machines. Angrytechnicians's blog has some really good info on streaming video. You could record a mp3 with audacity before a set time, and get staff to play it back when ready?
-
Can anyone tell me the general format for the Raiseonline admin username? I seem to think its like s.admin DCSF number but need to confirm that.
-
Ah, think of vlan 2 as a old unmanaged network. Your router will give the network addresses etc so you don't need to worry about switch addresses in this case.
-
It sounds like you are on the right track. You need to "tag" the new vlan on all ports connecting either switch to switch (uplinks) or to the APs themselves. Put the new proxy on a port that is untagged on the new vlan. Think of the new vlan as a seperate network, when you tag a port you turn the cable into two one for each vlan, assigning a port as untagged makes it act as if it was on the seperate network.
-
I am sure no one would sugest breaking Amazon's copywrite and of course removing DRM is ilegal. It is nice to be able to lend a book to a friend, one of the downsides of electronic media I suspose.
-
I use a small VB Script to pick out old machines and user details. Shout if you want a copy
-
Youtube and Internet Access
robk replied to soapyfish's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
What product were you looking at that with that kind of feature set? -
Note that version 5.0 is now out. Which has some of the security problems removed.
-
I had to change the proxy from 1.1 to version 1 to get the on line stuff to work. We use facility and MLS connect, but having looked at the import side of eclipse seems good. Tech support seem to know what they are doing as well.
-
Simple SMB Share not working since reboot ??? Confused
robk replied to burgemaster's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
has the ip address of the nas changed due to the reboot? could be wins name lookup causing the problem. -
If needed turn EVERYTHING off, turn on Switch attached to servers, and then servers. Do they ping ok etc. then add machines back in block at a time. Sounds like a crashed switch or server with crashed network stack from the loop back.
-
Are you looking at a pop server or imap? As far as I know squirrelmail is IMAP based rather than pop3. There are a number of opensource imap sync tools available, that should do the job for you. including a two way sync so that you can keep up with the changes. imapsync is the one I am considering for a simalar job if I ever get the go ahead on a new exchange box.
-
Has anyone been able to get the new NEC Virtual remote software to work via the VGA Wiring? We have a number of new projectors all with the function built in, but I can`t get the software to detect the projector. I am not sure if its the graphics card wiring or what.
-
I beleve they did, I told them I was planning a mass roll out so they were very helpful.
-
I contacted Intergral Support over this, they tell me its down to an old version of their software. Replaced the stick with a new one, problem disappeared. Is it a old stick you are testing with?
-
You could have a look at InSSIDer from metageeks Lets you measure signal strenth from a given ap, and shows interference. Thats What Net-Ctrl recommend using to test ruckus deployment anyway.
-
Moved to Jokes section.
-
Derbyshire It Techs meetings
robk replied to kaphc's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
Hmm, the secondary meetings seem to have dried up at the moment, and I am not sure whats happening at Primary level. Will update if I find out more. -
You can`t just copy the font file, there is also a reg key, I think I saw a vb script that did this, but can`t google it at the moment. I suspect the copy is working correctly hence no error messages.
-
ICT Technician - Queen Elizabeth`s Grammar School - Ashbourne
robk replied to robk's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Yes, bit of an issue. The Derbyshire standard holidays do apply though, to be taken in non term time. -
In a teachers drawers you will tend to always find.....
robk replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
permanent marker pen to write on the interactive whiteboard.
