-
Posts
1,577 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jamman960
-
wish we could ditch earnie32... horrible little program I would try copying the earnie folder off onto a workstation and seeing if it'd run, I can't remember if it relies on registry entrys but I half suspect it dosen't. if you still have update cd's for it I'd re-install from there will take a look at our finance machines registry's
-
definatly not repairable, based on - MOT Windscreen Repairs | Windscreen Repair Not Replacement - Glass Doctors UK wouldn't get through the MOT I'd guess its not strictly legal but as long as its not in the drivers field of view I doubt you'd have much trouble, I drove around with a crack going along most of the window around 2cm from the bottom for a few months(kept forgetting eek!) without any trouble
-
Turning off projectors during breaks and lunchtimes...
Jamman960 replied to Little-Miss's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I generally don't stress too much about them being on at break times but do ask staff to make sure they're off over lunch, my thoughts are that if we have a power cut during a lunch break we shouldn't be losing or damaging any bulbs because of it -
1.5mb/s & maxing out our connection bring on FTTC lol
-
You'll need a short throw projector, Casio do the "XJ-ST145 Short Throw LED Projector" which may work - according to projector point it'll produce a 78" image at just over 3.5ft, cant remember how close the +2 projectors are Prepare to get a little messy with it, the +2's have non standard mounts, when we swapped one out for an Epson projector I ended up having to attach an additional ceiling mount to the boom arm. Finding or making a convertor plate may be another option. James
-
In the past I've usually changed all the drivers over to the standard/very basic ones that come with windows before moving the drive over, especially for the video card and chipset bits. Using sysprep is another good option, remember to put the mass storage bits in and it should go over easily
-
Coding in the classroom. What to do and where to start.
Jamman960 replied to Dos_Box's topic in Blue Skies
We've had our pupils re-building pc's for the last couple of years, I basically break down some of our old but still working pc's and get the pupils to rebuild them piece by piece. We'd previously had them dismantling pc's but many would see it more as a chance to destroy them. We're also looking at using Kodu and MinecraftEDU to some extent, Kodu seems to be good for problem solving. James -
I use phplist, didn't bother with a data export but instead asked everyone to subscribe to the list if they wanted the newsletters James
-
I'm currently working on: Networked fire alarm proposal Documenting everything ready for my paternity leave Sorting everything out for our current reporting session - importing comment banks etc Oh and in the next hour or so showing someone from an external company around our network in case of emergencys while I'm off on paternity leave
-
The network addresses need to be different, 192.168.1.1 to .254 would be on the same network logical presuming you are using a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. you will need to have one on 192.168.1.x and the other on 192.168.2.x unless you're going to work out the correct subnet masks etc
-
I'd stick an extra network card into the phone server if it hasn't already got 2 ports and change the IP addressing on one of the networks - having them both the same isn't going to work when you want to route packets between the two no matter what.
-
talk about thread ressurection! read the whole thing before spotting its from 2006! was looking forward to getting a wifi detector too!
-
Some manufacturers only allow their own branded modules to work and others allow any, unfourtunatly HP do lock them down The HP ones would work in the allied telesis switch though.
-
If I get a chance later I'll pop down to our preprep dept, I'm pretty sure we have a copy although it may be workshark 3 James
-
My mrs signed up to something like that then immediatly cancelled as the costs soared after the first box... think it was weekly rather than fortnightly though. The stuff they delivered looked pretty good although we didn't eat it as we were expecting them to want it back - they delivered 3 boxes despite several phone calls Just a thought - would most veg last a fortnight?
-
Seems we have different options, we're an independent on the Chelmsford SLA. When I select the SLA severity it tells me the expected first response time below. 1. Complete breakdown in service - max 60 mins 2. Entire module or key business process unavailible - time critical- max 120mins 3. Entire module or key business process unavailible - but not time critical - max 240mins 4. Feature not availible - no workaround apparent - max 480mins
-
[news] He's obviosly done his maths!
Jamman960 replied to laserblazer's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
lol, I can just imagine the safety recommendation... "Cord must be replaced every 499,999 jumps" -
If only Jill could keep her oar out of sales, I knew the style of that quoted reply looked familiar! wasn't at all suprised Jill was behind it!
-
are all the paths the same as before? I'd take a look at /admin/build/modules/list and compare that with whats actually in the modules folder. edit - all modules that were on the old install should be in the modules folder on the new one, installing a module in drupal involves copying the folder to the modules directory and then enabling it via the web frontend As above, if everythings been copied over it should be identical to the version on the old host
-
My radar's a bit whacky at the moment, don't quite know how things will be in a couple of weeks let alone the rest of the year Me and the Mrs were expecting a baby in April however due to complications we're looking at having it in the next month or so followed by a few months in SCBU/Neonatal - a bit scary! we're hoping the delivery can be delayed for as long as possible to give it the best possible chance of making it, For now we're going for weekly scans and hoping for the best. Work wise I'm hoping for a quiet year with minimal upgrades/projects although I'm currently sorting out a networked fire alarm proposal to keep me busy and sorting out cover Hoping this turns out to be a good year although at the moment it could go either way
-
Done, bet you were expecting a name like Aoife to get her to the top of every list good luck
-
Automated account enabling and disabling
Jamman960 replied to Roberto's topic in Network and Classroom Management
how important is it that the accounts are entirely inaccessible? would it be acceptable for the machines to be locked/unlocked instead via something like AB Tutor James -
Please sign [ if you agree ] - I used to work here.
Jamman960 replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Decision delayed on whether St John's School must axe 25 staff - Communities - Northwood & Northwood Hills - makes more sence of the petition. Hope the school get it sorted out, they're lucky to be doing so well in the current climate. -
Please sign [ if you agree ] - I used to work here.
Jamman960 replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Very odd, why would/do the local council have any say over an independent schools staffing? cutting teachers would force them to cut down on pupils/fee income have signed anyway but I really wouldn't expect the council to have any power over a private company like that. James -
Automated account enabling and disabling
Jamman960 replied to Roberto's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I'm not aware of any such software but rather than enabling/disabling would use of logon times be better suited?
