Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Boredguy

Members
  • Posts

    4,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boredguy

  1. @Garacesh, if you have a Sunday night free, tune in to Squirrel.tv Twitch stream (It starts at 6, but tbh 7:30 is normally when he starts to drive as it can take an hour for him to customise a truck if it's a ETS week!) It is a fun game for the cost, and there are enough mods out there that can change the experience, be it different truck styles, massive engines, heavy/wide loads that take route planning or just the expanded maps (Promod) If you go the whole hog and do VR or TrackIR along with manual shifting then you possibly could even try driving a proper HGV without stalling it Unlike FPS games there is often a more relaxed environment to chill after a work day
  2. You can set it for Automatic/Semi in the config so you can manually switch in the quarry and toggle back to full auto afterwards. I'm running a TM300RS for all my driving games, but it only has the basic 2 pedals and flappy paddle shifters (well I did want it for F1 racing) A Logitech G27 is a good option, but it depends on if you want force feedback and want the full "driving" experience with clutch and stick. There is also a nice add-on that's been kickstarted (that is compatible with Thrustmaster and Logitech) and that can replace the top of the gear shifter with a proper Eaton Fuller shifter so you have the split and range buttons on the lever like a normal truck (Thankfully I've not order one since it's around £100 including shipping from the states!!)
  3. If you only have the 1 point, then I would honesty have waited before buying a truck and instead just hoped into one of the random jobs in the market until at least level 5. There is nothing wrong with the 360HP Man for long runs, just don't do the quarry pickups unless your running manual gears, in which case you can easily get out with the 20t digger if you keep it around 4mph
  4. Depending on your driver level and where you put your points it should be quite quick to make that money. As long as you have 3 points in Long Distance, 1 in High Value, 1 in Fragile and 2 in Important Delivery you should get enough jobs to pay it off quickly. Having the Firearms or Acid ADR point unlocked can also give you some nice high payment jobs (I regularly get a shipment of ammo available from Hungry to Sheffield for £100,000 but I am lvl 48)
  5. @LiamHaith I think I've gotten around 46 drivers and trucks (I own most of the depots in the UK plus a couple in Germany and Luxembourg) All the drivers have a minimum of 3 points in long distance, with at least one (as well as myself) fully maxed out on the distance. They all drive reasonably cheap £70-80k trucks although I normally use a 6x4 Merc that was around the £150k mark (when I logged out I was using a Renault for a 1000k trip to finish the achievement for driving all 7 makes for 1000k+) Even in ATS with a lowly 7 drivers and trucks I'm making at least $10,000 a day profit
  6. I'm waiting for the new France DLC to come out for ETS2 and Arizona for ATS as I've driven most places on the map... Heck in ETS2 I've got enough employees that I make around £100,000 a day. I looked the Online modes, but there just seems to be far too many idiots that like to cause chaos everywhere for my liking.
  7. After the first year of the free 365, Microsoft brought in the self-signup option for schools that had an OVS licence so save us having to go and ask our reseller for X number of licences. Instead MS assigned 1 million "For Student" and 500,000 "For Faculty" licences to our accounts. We currently have both types of licences showing in our assignment, but just use the "unlimited" one for users as that automatically get the additional licence types (such as Sway, Yammer etc) added as MS release the new features.
  8. I think the Merc is just having proper issues and it's nothing dodgy. Switching the mechanics between cars happens in other teams without it being reported. At least it's giving some excitement....
  9. Cheers @saintoctopus, script is happily updating all the students now
  10. If you've got one @saintoctopus it will give us something to do on Monday as my sneaky plan of changing the users licence on mass via the GUI was not going to work as you can only do 100 at a time =(
  11. Just noticed that Yammer is now integrated into the "Office 365 Education Plus for students" licence. Has anyone got a PS script to just remove part of the licence as we don't really want it enabled at present (and I went to the effort of disabling yammer in the Admin centre previously)
  12. Thankfully we've been back to normal as of Tuesday lunch time, so the changes made by Sophos at their end certainly worked.
  13. Cheers @ass17 We went through and updated a handful of our exam laptops yesterday to Windows 7 as the Exams Officer was very impressed with the Exam Wordpad when we showed it to her. I'll give the new version a try on one of the XP units but didn't actually expect you to update it to work with .Net 4. Just thought I'd clarification as to the base level it needed
  14. I know we're not the only school... My minion @DJ-1701 works at the primary across the drive from us But we are both nutters (have to be to work here!)
  15. I don't know his real name and I work with him We're most likely the only known nutters in the SN5 area using you
  16. While reading El Reg yesterday I came across a lovely article on the ultimate BoFH "on hold" music for annoying cold callers. Oh how I wish I could do this with out phone system. Must listen: We've found the real Bastard Operator From Hell ? The Register
  17. Well not that shocking when you consider that the TR boys have been having a bit of friction between them hence the appointment of Jon Booth, and DK has been a little bit crash happy this season so far. At least it still within the team "family". One of the F1 YouTuber's I follow has already twitted to Codemasters to ask if they are putting driver transfers into the latest game
  18. Boredguy

    Gaming Chat

    Bought Farm Sim 2015 at the weekend. Already got over 22 hours logged on it
  19. Minor issue I've found @ass17 In posts 4 and 41 you said it needs .Net Framework 4 to run..... Just tried it on one of our XP laptops (since most of our exam laptops are that old!) and it just gives us an error that it's not a valid win32 application. Sure it doesn't need .Net 4.5 to run (which is fine for Windows 7 upwards where you can install it on the client)
  20. The only thing that had updated was Sophos. Had a few stations show the same problem this morning, (different ones to last Friday) and all of them are showing as on the latest version so here is hoping it was just because the staff had just turned the PC's on before Sophos had updated...
  21. .. doh only Defender updates been applied to our stations this week.
  22. Hey we have the same issue today... time to go looking at WSUS logs to see what changed....
  23. I think they are going to employ some of the people normally on the Northern Road in London who pounce on your windscreens whenever you stop at the lights..... but yes a rip off... might add an extra second to stops
  24. Reviewing the photos of it on track in P1 on Ricardo's car this morning it looks a lot cleaner than the Ferrari Helo concept. As for cleaning it, well Rain-X is one solution for the rain and dirt, but they will likely have to go down the tear-off strips the same as in Nascar and WEC.
  25. We arrange our toners on a shelf in numerical order and once we get down to a single unit for each type we order more.
×
×
  • Create New...