Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Boredguy

Members
  • Posts

    4,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boredguy

  1. Actually the matt paint on the Red Bull has made it lighter by 0.5Kg compared to the gloss apparently....
  2. Ah we have more colour on the grid now. Renault have revealed their race colour as mainly yellow but with black wings http://e0.365dm.com/16/03/16-9/20/renault-yellow-livery_3432007.jpg?20160316084559
  3. I know @DJ-1701 would like me to get him one for his workstation so he doesn't have to worry about running out of Ram for his test VM's Otherwise as use it as a powerful rig for graphical work or video editing
  4. I can see why they are developing it specifically for CC4.5 at present, as it means they are working off a known configuration. Hopefully they might release it for other networks once it's out there.
  5. It will only be available for CC4 users, and there has not been much information over on the RM Communities regarding general release date yet as they are still field trialling it.
  6. We have a generic ictsupport@ that both of us can access and that we give out as the primary point of contact for suppliers, but otherwise we just use our normal e-mail addresses which is SurnameInitial@
  7. However that Cenotaph is also located in the middle of the road so on a normal day you wouldn't class it as being for quiet contemplation.
  8. Poor Matt... it was Ken Block who was driving it as well =/
  9. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/cloud-services/163048-sending-encrypted-emails-external-users-o365.html
  10. We are not doing any routing between the vLans really (apart from a Linux VM that handles the BYoD traffic out via our secondary IP range). We do keep looking for a L3 switch but can't justify the cost from our tiny budget =(
  11. We're purely Netgear and not had any issues with vLans with the switches. The only thing we don't have is a layer 3 to do intervLan routing, but that's not really much of a issue. The reliability of our current switches is night and day to our old Allied Telesyn units, and the only time we replace a switch is if we're increasing the capacity in an area from 24 port to 48 port.
  12. HP gives you a nicer interface, and typically higher total bandwidth compared to the Netgear. Then again I'd be asking why your paying £110 for the GS724T when we get then for £95 ex VAT
  13. If you put the switch on the wall near the power socket, you can just cable tie the flex up as it's just a power brick
  14. We had the same issue yesterday with a couple of students, and I know a colleague at another school had the same on Wednesday. We reset the users password in AD and it then let them log in normally after a minute or two.
  15. Eddie will only be on now and then as they are going to be rotating some of the team for the different live races (plus when EJ isn't needed for Top Gear)
  16. Piffft, at least we have the magic roundabout and pancake roundabouts to keep up entertained (pancake roundabouts are the ones that appear magically just out of paint!) But yes roundabouts don't do fuel economy much good especially when there is one every 100/200 yards.
  17. "Sorry Officer, I think your barking up the wrong tree, this is just the new engine logging system for this car"
  18. We might be able to weave a few more in. I'm sure that @DJ-1701 has a few more bobbing around to contribute.
  19. Alas we also had the fun of Lloyds not supporting modern browser and having to run IE11 in compatibility mode for it... nice that they keep up to date...
  20. Boredguy

    Gaming Chat

    I'm a glutton for punishment... after buying American Truck Simulator the other week and completing most of the currently available map and delivery options in a week, I picked up Euro Truck Sim 2 last week =/ I think I have far too much time on my hands as I've already racked up over 24 hours total game time.
  21. You mean something like ClearSTOP Locking Cooker and Electric switch cover ideal for Alzheimers and Dementia Care Applications : Protective Covers & Cages - Security Safety Products ?
  22. Quick moove the thread on before we start back on the cow puns
  23. I think the word "testing" is a bit stretched, as they only did the initial installation lap this morning with it on the car just to see what the visibility would be like. Straight ahead view is no really any more impaired than at present with the pitot tubes in the middle of the front bulkhead.
  24. I've mainly edited the XML file since Nick released his earlier versions where the GUI wasn't as slick as the newer versions so it's just habit.
×
×
  • Create New...