-
Posts
4,103 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Boredguy
-
Thankfully I have the 22nd off work so I can sit and watch the coverage at home instead of pretending to work *whistle*
-
Renault launch is at 12:15 and is available via SkyF1 live stream
-
I just check autosport regularly since I've got an account with them, but yes good to see K Mag back on the grid. The first test should be interesting
-
Indicators are optional on some cars based on personal experience, but even if you do loose a bulb there is always the hand signal method - - - Updated - - - Now I want to go back home and try Pikes Peak in Dirty Rally again =/
-
We had a bit of an ongoing issue with Support over integrating with Schoolcomms, but after 3 days of effort they got it all working. Two of the onsite engineers we had introduced other issues into our install, but remote support sorted them quickly enough. So far I wouldn't rate the support as Shocking but variable depending on the complexity of the problem.
-
Do any of you guys work in the main School office?
Boredguy replied to Snookered's topic in General Chat
I'm glad I got an office area when I started. I'd hate to have to work in the main office... people might realise that for large chunks of the day I'm not that busy.... -
Alas yes it's allow all or block all, but it depends who you have assigned the SfB or Lync licence to in your tenancy. We only assign it to staff as we do not want the students to IM each other all the time.
-
I regularly broadcast and share my screen with a colleague at another school via SfB
-
Ah poledit was fun in those days. Think I might still have a Ghost boot disk kicking around somewhere. Daemon Tools for virtual CD's XTreeGold (Was perfect on our old 186 dumb network running Windows 3 to clear up the 20mb hard drive) FreeDos
-
Well I've just tried a Skype for Business meeting internally with @DJ-1701 and no error appeared for us, so hopefully it should be ok for you if your SfB is set to allow outside contacts
-
I purchased my first car outright (well it was only £600), but the next 5 were all on HP, either fully or partially. My current 308 I decided to just paid in cash as it worked out that it would more cost effective, and over the 4 years I normally keep a car I'd have saved more than I'd spent.
-
[website] Make the Censors Watch 'Paint Drying'
Boredguy replied to unixman_again's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
There is rumours that Dry Hard with a Vengeance will deal with tracking down the person who leant against the wall while it was still tacky. -
We were using timers on the actual alarm panels to pulse the bells 3 times for a couple of seconds, and our maglock relays on the fire doors will only trigger if the activation contact exceeds 10 seconds at once. When we moved to Bodet as our controller instead of 4 separate timers, we just hooked wireless relays to the alarm panels in the other buildings, and added a couple of melody sounders in areas that did not have a bell already. At least now with it being NTP sync'd all 11 buildings have lesson change going off at once... plus we added a manual activation button so for fire drills we can set the bells ringing at each panel without needing 5 people
-
Previously we looked at replacing our current fire alarm lesson change notification for a proper melody based on, but we didn't have the £8k we needed for all minimum number of speakers we would need. Recently we had a "security consultant" group in to review our procedures and they also wanted something that would flash up on users screen and take over the display but as we could not ensure that frozen projectors would display it, it was a non starter
-
Both the models support vLan configuration as they are classed as Smart Switches, but they are only layer 2 (the GS might be 2+ depending on the version) so inter vLan routing won't be easy/possible. For pure separation or edge switches they would be fine.
-
She just can't bring Michael Dorn with her?
-
Java is Dead: And there was much rejoicing in the streets
Boredguy replied to sonofsanta's topic in Educational Software
We've got to keep Java going over here as the gate control system has a java interface for us to update stuff over the network, plus some of the switches, and the Ruckus client map. Never mind that some exam boards always want it installed now for their software to work. Bah *puts bubbly away* -
Isn't that a 1999 netbook by Intel though... they really were that big.
-
Don't be mean about @X-13
-
What Do You Call It? 'Block All Except List' Or 'Whitelist'
Boredguy replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
BoFH mode? -
@witch isn't giving the camera any hobnob love =(
-
Sorry, couldn't make it as we were down the pub and it's a bit of a drive just for pizza =(
-
I thought that was because last time @sparkeh got the swing all tied up around the top =/
-
Yes you never know what goes on behind closed doors..... Apple and M$ could be talking together on a stand somewhere
-
Smootie is Smoothwall
