-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
I set it up at ours. Been working well ever since i set it up - u wont be disappointed. I'd help over messenger if anyone needs a few pointers [tho i need to remember myself lol ] Regards Nath.
-
lmfao Sure - if you want to land yourself in trouble with MS regarding handing out MS licenses on a silver platter lol Even if they have XP Pro & Office, replacing them with volume copies is a big no no... just so you know. I'd start saying No to that from now on - unless the school is professing to be a IT Repair shop also lol Just my 2p dude. Nath.
-
lmao Ric Either way - welcome RoyG Its usually only because of lack of understanding and stuff regarding IT & Teachers. My lot [bless them] dont have a clue - not my fault but definately my problem if you see my meaning. Anyhow.... this topic aint for digression lol Welcome to you all Nath.
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hehe Was trying to get 2000i2 to work again last week oddly enough. For some reason [probably my fault somewhere] after installing it, I have to open it and close it otherwise, non-administrator users cant open it. Anyone got any good tips that work with ProDesktop? The tech staff want to use v8 but apparently, even if you get it to work, theres a part of it that doesnt work still. Of course, he told me about it ages ago so I got rid of it and tried putting 2000i2 back again lol Any thoughts? Nath
-
Black/Silver Benq ones from Insight UK for about £4-5 quid each. Only replaced a few within the past few years. Good stuff Nath.
-
I hope not - I'm not allowed to get stroppy so I best not say anything lol Nath.
-
Bah - where are the FF IX players when you need them? lol Damn the gold pass thing :( ....*flies off*
-
Did this position get filled DB? If not, I'll apply - lol Nath.
-
Are you using Print Manager Plus at all? You might want to check for updates / patches [tho I use 5.5 - no maintainance with no probs] also & try the starting / stopping the PMP & printer spooling services. Does the printers still have the correct share permissions? Cheers N.
-
Yep - please search if possible before posting. Cheers Nath.
-
Never noticed that before..lol ...probably because with troublesome XP pc's I deal with, they usually are XP Home [outside of work yep lol]. Good one to remember that Nath.
-
Due to certain matters i have at work, I'm thinking of scheduling a server restart later on when no one is about. If i can schedule it after the script i have restarts all the XP workstations and when WSUS updates & installs the updates, then I'm on a winner. The trouble is that it all takes sooo long - especially with a fairly long tape backup taking place too - so its gonna be difficult to juggle all these schedules. Ah well... Nath.
-
You can use Group Policy to adjust this btw - just so you know I havent tho - it is annoying isn't it? lol Left the fileserver restarting earlier thanks to pesky update needing restart hehe Nath.
-
Disable ACPI = will try next year upgrade the kernel = umm...right....lol ta Nath
-
Yep - I setup Exchange 2003 easily - with a few pointers [and msexchange.org is awesome place to help you with guides and tutorials] If you are used to Windows server and all the usual stuff like dns, dhcp, wins, etc etc etc - then you shouldnt have a problem setting it up either btw each user/device cal allows that user/device to use Outlook Web Access [OWA] which is the webmail thing. You definately dont need a £10k thing. I know what that thing is tho - its some sort of site license covering you on the cals front [i remember the company i rang for another quote saying about it] - it most certainly isnt needed or required tho. Regards Nath
-
RM Easylink - need to achive similar... how?
tarquel replied to stevegwernyfed14's topic in Web Development
hey steve - u should have said Good fun playing around with the WebDAV stuff wasnt it? As a side comment, WSUS on the DC and OWA accessible on the email server - is there a way I can redirect a virtual folder to the WSUSadmin screen [with authentication of course hehe] on the DC? I tried lots of things that worked locally but just couldnt get the blasted screen to appear login box for user/pass but thats the lot - page not displayed and all sorts happens. But a good idea no? I "could of" administered and approved WSUS updates then First one to crack it wins a pint at the next meeting lol Nath. -
A plan with no drawbacks there hehe except the work of setting up a new system - but Oooh I'm sure it would be worth it Nath.
-
lol Indeed... I have a script that patches up Win 98 [sE] - works well but probably could use some refinement. [i know theres the Unofficial Service Pack for it - but I believe they tweak things with it, which I would expect there to be problems when using it in a work environment] Cheers
-
BTW.... For any users using IE7 B1 on XP: http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Microsoft_patch_jams_up_IE/0,2000061733,39228429,00.htm Shame no mention of the registry key in question. Regards
-
Your sooo right Ash hehe Nath.
-
yeah - usually leave everything running..... 24/7/365 lol Mainly down to the fact that I wont be getting to work before anyone else, in order to turn them all back on again hehe I'll probably shutdown some areas though maybe - cud set a scheduled startup from the server ....um......need to remember how hehe Cheers Nath
-
ahhhh thought as much [was taking forever to download hehe so i stoped it] Just how i plan to do it also but I'm gonna sort of go one step further hopefully - detect what are missing then install the missing ones only hehe Cheers Nath
-
Guys - visit m' site and extract my AR705 dist - the tweaks one is just a reg import at the end of the install - if you are having trouble finding where the msi is extracted to hehe I'm trying to work out how to get any msi's to work through GP at the moment. Nath
-
Whats your exact model browolf? I have a 3com router and it sounds similar to what I had Like griffin said, the firmware is a key aspect with a lot of routers. http://www.3com.com/products/en_us/downloadsindex.jsp as a starting point Cheers Nath
-
Hi all After noticing a mention of home drive/dir size restriction, I thought it would be handy to have a thread on the matter. So really, post with: a) If you have quota's on the users home dirs b) If you do, how much and is it the same for everyone c) um....any thoughts on how to keep file sizes down (thinking about this topic http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1261 with regards to how large the HDD's we have to buy are I'll add a poll later on/tomorrow - PM me any option you think should be in the poll i.e. "HDD - dont think we use them" lol Cheers Nath
