Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tarquel

Members
  • Posts

    1,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tarquel

  1. hehe i didnt mean to knock it - i meant by vipers that it has pros and cons I would love to have it myself at work, though the yearly thing would deem it impossible with our budget you see Regards N.
  2. Hi all I thought that this might be handy for new members to introduce themselves to the forum - whether they be techies or teachers [or both lol] alike - especially with the forum getting so busy, its kinda hard saying hi to everyone to those that have joined up Cheers and post away here with hello's and where your from, etc Regards Nath. P.S. If you have time please fill out your location and school (if applicable) in your profile. This will assist our members to help you bettre if help is nearby. Thank you and welcome Get our mobile apps using these links: iOS: http://edugeek.me/to/iosapp Android: http://edugeek.me/to/droidapp
  3. indeed - i have the Pace....er...*goes to check but not enough slack on cables to move the unit to see* The System Details in the menu system say: Model Number: 1.0.43 Version Number: 9F0A03 ....lol decided to unplug it and have a look lol Its a DS430N so the sticker on the bottom of it says http://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/products/prodinfo.asp?PID=DS430N Is there anything I can do there Ric with what you were saying? Ta
  4. MS Schools' Agreement is a mixed bag of vipers indeed. I see Ric Thanks
  5. tarquel

    x3: reunion

    Agreed rob - i played it for a while [thanks to a free trial from PC Zone methinks] and subscribed for a bit, but its was just tooo complex for me and tho the chat thing was handy, it was too time consuming too. Wasnt pickup able really, whereas FF online's storyline is based on your own accomplishments etc. They just expand the world overtime so theres always more to do. I know that the same could be said for Eve but it was just toooo much storyline and though I loved the 'space', just not enough time to read everything and all the news all the time. FF XI engrosses me enough lol /digression over hehe N.
  6. Shame that the public dont have a clue as to the situations in schools isnt it? lol I'm not gonna go and buy the mag just to read the article but did they work with a local school or something for this project, or did they just guess? lol Cheers
  7. i guess just dont like being 'pwned' by sky Or the additional subscription cost either once the 12 months is up tho, i might go free-to-air digital and do the MCE idea then [tho how do i plug in the card you get from sky to view free-to-air digital ?] Shame i dont understand enough about this. I just wanted to record the soaps for my g/f so she dont have to go to the bedroom and watch them when she gets back from work lol [combo vhs/tv you see] Cheers N.
  8. How did ya do that then Rob?
  9. ahhh so theres no point me doing this then? *cries to himself* "can it go into the media center then out to the sky box?" - not a option then? N.
  10. Thanx for the replies so far - but just to point out.... dont get analog freeview here How would i still feed the sky box with digital, while attaching the digital feed to the media center? can it go into the media center then out to the sky box? I live in a block of flats using a shared dish, and was told i cant have sky multiroom, as it wud split the signal [or use more signal channels - not sure on the term] and I'd have thought doing this is the same thing right? or no? lol N.
  11. tarquel

    x3: reunion

    books? lol I just get enough time [or is that "enthusiasm" hehe] to read my 2 monthly mags each ...er... month hehe too many games to play hehe Nath
  12. Hi all Just wondering if any of you good folk have made your own Media Center PC at all. As I cant be bothered to rewrite the whole thing again, here's a quote from the topic i started over at MSFN: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60462 Any suggestions would be welcome, and as I'm pretty sure certain folk will start saying to use the linux one instead [lol I might try that too] so suggestions for a system that either OS will work on would be preferable A tall order maybe, but not looking to spend more than £500 really [less is best lol] Cheers guys Nath
  13. Eeek Thats not good sirbendy lol N.
  14. thanks for the reply but managed to sort it out on friday 1-to-1 NAT was the answer Simple as Thanks for the input tho guys Cheers Nath.
  15. sounds good simon we are apparently getting a VoIP phone system [though I've heard bad things bout them now lol - but for another topic lol] and they'll be installing POE switches everywhere.... Am i right in thinking that we can attach IP cameras to these switches and have a central server to record the cameras? I think they'll be changing the fibre terminations into 1Gb speeds and directly connecting them into the poe switches - at least - that's what I plan to go over with the guy on monday. This should bump up the speed of the network considerably i'd wager Shame i bought the non-poe hp procurve 2626 switches for the main cabs lol - still will be of use for the permenantly attached pc's though - no shortage of ports then Cheers N.
  16. you tried installing them in different pc's and/or in different pci slots? Have you tried - i know this is obvious - using a different version of the drivers? latest or ones known to the problem? Bios update for the computers in question? Just a few 2p's Nath
  17. Just to update this... All i had to do was put the WINS address into the DC's TCP/IP settings [same address / server] No idea why it disappeared - or any reason why it worked fine without it previously - but there we go Cheers N.
  18. lol i dont mind doing it - just no no to drilling walls etc. terminating and maybe helping with the [cheap] trunkin is as much as i go hell.....i sorted out new switches for gods sake hehe Nath
  19. dunno mate.... not seen the results yet the text in the image was quite big anyhow so it should strech ok. If not, just make the background to the lowest res u have running on a machine, and have it set in the above settings to Center instead of stretch Cheers N.
  20. always glad to help stewart Nath
  21. no, u cant - but all u have to do is update the a/v signatures in ur pe build on ur pc - and remake the cd. Easy as that For my other CD, i have a script that i've made that updates the various signatures and new versions of certain things - stinger, hijackthis, etc.. If you need any pointers, IM me on MSN Cheers N.
  22. Do so russ - you'll be glad you did Nath
  23. My students get a manditory background lol I cant remember the exact details but I've put it in the netlogon folder and used GP to make it compulsory. Its a AUP of sorts lol No one has complained yet - and is a get around for me incase shit hits the fan about anything. I can say I've done my bit - its up to the SMT if they want me to do anything else.....sorry i digress/rant. I'll dig it out for ya .... My Default pupil GPO contains this: User Config: -=- Administrative Templates > Desktop > Active Desktop -=- Enable Active Desktop = Enabled Disable All Items = Enabled Prohibit changes = Enabled Active Desktop Wallpaper: Wallpaper Name: \pupilbg.jpg Wallpaper Style: Stretch [i just changed it from Center hehe] -=- Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Display -=- Prevent Changing Wallpaper = Enabled Think thats all ya need Cheers Nath
  24. lol Pen drives [using inbuilt XP drivers] are odd - needing installation in each port is crazy hehe lol] Had to install one for the ICT co-ord yesterday *giggles* Nath.
  25. SP2 here - no problems :0 ...that I know of - but the exchange system I set up is all freshly installed anyhow lol Cheers N.
×
×
  • Create New...