-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
A quality PSU i hope Rob *never* buy cheapo PSUs - you will *regret* it hehe Nath
-
Or better still, try using Media Player Classic to play the file: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358 Single exe - doesnt need installation - i've got it for a teacher to play DVDs on - and I've heard nothing bad back yet It should play it - you could stick it on a mapped share and make a icon for it, thats what I've done - tho only for the staff - as all the pupils will start downloading stuff to playback using it hehe Regards Nath
-
This is a sad state of affairs indeed When used properly, this is the best resource for everyone involved with IT techie stuff in education for three good reasons: 1) Its free - music to a county or school's ears I would have thought 2) Its run by people doing the educational techie work and input is given by a same class of people also - what could be more appropriate? 3) Time isnt spent sitting around looking at gag/joke/funny vid sites hehe ....um.... We all help each other for the benefit of IT in education throughout the UK [and possibly the world eventually] - what could be a better reason? Just my 2p that is Nath
-
Dont know if your using Exchange 2003 there, but if you use Outlook Web Access [OWA], you can set the Out of Office responder but with a message - so it can let the person know "Thanks for contacting ICT Supoprt your query will be looked at in 2 Hours" quite nicely Havent tried it myself tho. Doesnt the Out of Office thingy in Outlook 2003 allow you to include a message to auto-respond with? Cheers Nath
-
Hell yes :P
-
The head has been sending some large files to home etc and back so I'm she hasnt mentioned that anythings wrong [apart from the recent nominet thing hehe] so I can only think that that cant be the case anymore mark. A 5th former send an attachment of her work home to work on....er...at home the other day - last week i think. She hasnt mentioned anything either so maybe ts your NGFL system :P Nath.
-
How old are the PC's in question Alex? The only time I've seen that repeatedly occur is when the motherboard was failing - sorry to day. Could also be the RAM modules themselves but not always. Nath
-
and again... on a server??? have to ask why? lol Nath
-
Failing that - HP Proliant Xeon based servers are the bomb lol :D well...serving me good so far *touches as much wood as he can find* PS should we move this to Networks or Hardware, as its a bit techie for General Chat? hehe Cheers Nath
-
go go here - cant even download it. You suck DB ;) :P [jokin'] Nath.
-
On their end - or at our end? i.e. on your NGFL box? or on the email box that we all send to? The head will be moaning like hell if its the same for all of us - 2MB is a little stingy - publisher files anyone? Nath
-
Not tried it myself, but you could make a .ins file that only contains the proxy settings. All the user needs to do is run it and it will adjust the proxy settings according to how they are in the .ins file.... Like the dialup ISP config's of old Not got one here at work [obviously] but I can dig it out and try it out too if your interested. Nath
-
I *was* looking forward to trying it - but I think I mght pass on it now [as I dont want to support yet another thing that could go wrong hehe]. This is my little problem tho [and its worrying about the level & quality of the response too hehehe]: http://forum.censornet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1672 Cheers Nath
-
Alas, a good idea in theory - and thanks for the input - but unfortunately, it wont work.... The target pc [theres 4 in all] that I have been trying to get it to work on only has Office XP [another has Office XP and two have Office 2000] and all 4 PC's have the HP PSC 2110 attached locally to the machines. Of course, with Oiffce XP and lower, there was no Document Scanner option so the HP Director is the only to use [minus a seperate OCR program]. I believe that the printer(s) came with ReadIris but I cant find the CD anywhere and on the HP support site for the printer under the downloads section, theres a link to a order page for the ReadIris CD lol £10 a CD which is nothing, but every department moans when they have to front some cash. The stupid thing is that it was working long time ago - pre summer hols - but since then, I've wiped all the PC's and most likely changed the GP [which is probably the issue here]. Can anyone think of a GP setting that might be causing it? Cheers Nath
-
take a low-res photo of it for us to see hehe Someone else might recognise it and suggest something then Nath.
-
Hi michael... May i ask...how did you make it? Its taking ages to download [slow connection here] so I'll try and guess lol I'd imagine that its either a self-extracting exe that runs a little script installing all the hotfixes silently/unattended... or you have extracted all the files from all the hotfixes and created some way of installing it - so many installer type programs you could have used, its hard to guess that bit hehe So am i anywhere near?
-
wesleyw - price lol £50 I have no budget of £50 hehe At the moment, I darent order anything lol ...although the SAV subscription is running out - £150 [and more but i dont wanna digree hehe] An old post that I missed but I think PMP 5.5 does feature a way to do this - dont ask me what it is tho lol Good luck with finding it tho - i cant ask them as I have no maintainance contract with them these days :( Nath
-
lmao same here Well - not the same number but know what you mean I decided to ditch the crappy content filtering on the firewall and removed and reinstalled WSUS. Seems to be running beutifully once again Nath.
-
Thus - why i dont but liteon stuff [unless the person isnt bothered about the warranty]. Theres always a reason why its so cheap lol Nath.
-
Half my party [not me] and a few people helping out got killed last night thanks to one of our party members not taking their time in getting to us. Damn these noob's lol SMN 15 now - yay! Gotta get my BLM up - just so I can warp Cheers Nath
-
....or you could all have spyware on your machines lol Nath
-
It might fall into the same category as disabling the right-click on the Start Menu Cheers Nath
-
I help when I can - which is probably the motto of most of us ...now if someone would answer mine with the hp..... ;) Remember to let us know whether something has worked or not - so it can benefit others with the same or similar probiem Cheers and enjoy your stay hehe Nath
-
ahhh yes - good old uninstalling exchange on the old server - didnt think of that lol - though I'm sure it would have come to me..... in time And welcome to Edugeek btw Nath
-
Are they linked in some way then? Clustering or something - dont know about these lovely advanced things you can do when having more than one server lol Is the old exchange server just a exchange server or does it do other tasks also? is one question that comes to mind. Why are you still running the old server if you have the new server? The way I would have approached it is something like: installed exchange on the new server, copying the stores to the new server, configured it accordingly, then unattached the old server from the domain and if all ok, cleanly installed server 2003 and used it for some other purpose Or lol is this what you have done? Regards Nath
