Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tarquel

Members
  • Posts

    1,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tarquel

  1. Final Fantasy XII: Platform: PS2 Out when: 23/02/07 [originally 28/04/2006 - talk about delay] http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PS2&title=183636 Storyline: War was on the horizon. Seeking to strengthen its base of power, the great Archadian Empire had been invading and subjugating its neighboring kingdoms one by one. The small Kingdom of Dalmasca, the stage on which this tale is set, was one such kingdom. When the occupying Archadian forces established a new consul in Dalmasca's Royal City of Rabanastre, it caught the attention of Vaan, an urchin living on the streets. To Vaan, the Empire was a hated enemy who had taken the life of his brother-his last surviving family member. Vaan hatched a plan to sneak into the castle housing the new consul and pay him a surprise visit of sorts. Once inside, he thought to unburden the consul of one or two of his treasures. But before he would have the chance, Vaan got far more than he bargained for; a resistance movement of former Dalmascan soldiers rising up against the Archadian Empire was launching an assault! Amid the ensuing confusion that engulfed the castle, Vaan saw something he could scarcely believe. There, among the members of the resistance, was the figure of the sole remaining heir to the Dalmascan throne, the Princess Ashe, who'd been given up for missing...
  2. Final Fantasy XI: Treasures Of Aht Urhgan Expansion Pack (Online): Platform: PC Out when: 20/04/2006 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=922310 £14,99 currently Some features: - [3] new jobs - new locations, areas and fiends - and plenty of other things no doubt [i heard PLD will be able to auto-refresh at some point - but not sure whether its true or not]
  3. three new jobs eh? Roll on next month - ~£15 well spent [i think its already out in Japan - or maybe someone was on about the 260 beta - not sure] ...and theres FF XII out too around about the same time. I better get leveling some more now Nath.
  4. ...but you should put something like: © Copyright . All rights reserved. just so the viewer is aware of it - as not everyone knows that any website is copyrighted by default. Nath.
  5. In most things they are, but not everything. Nath.
  6. Have you got the latest ver of Windows Installer....um.....installed? Nath.
  7. nice theme SYSMAN_MK Can i ask if you made it yourself or not? btw you are required to have the joomla copyright shown i believe - unless you paid for it from them.... or something along those lines. Cheers Nath.
  8. Not that I've tried it, by from what I can gather, you can use mute to set the volume to mute when they log on? [a large "dur" I hear but bear with me] This, to me is pointless, as the kids will just un-mute the volume again hehe [or did i miss something?] Cheers Nath
  9. Alas no streaming on webpages then though fooby Look at my site for an installer should you want one Nath.
  10. I do it with a kixtart script - during user logon. Current there is one script for everyone and it is smart enough to know which room and user is logging on, to know which printer to setup for that user. Its pretty quick and works well. It does depend on machine names naturally but the user aspect is usually read from which usergroup they belong to i.e. photocopier is only mapped to staff members Regards Nath
  11. If your wanting to permenantly disable the sound without phyisically doing it [i.e. in case in the future they want the speakers back on again], disable the device in Device Manager Works a treat then if someone needs the sound on, you can just log in as a admin, enable it and log off ...its what I do anyhow hehe I do this mainly because if I disabled it in the bios etc and installed XP, I wouldnt have a driver installed when turning it back on again. Of course, you could turn it off in the bios after installing xp [and the driver] Regards Nath
  12. Do you mean the adminpak which is what you uninstalled and reinstalled? If not, how do i do that? The server doesnt appear to have that registry key there - shoulf I create it and create the restricttopermittedsnapins at value 0? Regards Nath
  13. I have used the same version of the adminpak.msi throughout [not sure the exact ver number but its SP1 - i.e. for compatibility with Server 2003 SP1 Dont use Server 2000 here [except the Bromcom server - on a different domain entirely]. I havent intentionally installed MMC 3 anywhere that I know of - I've only installed the adminpak [for 2003 sp1/XP SP2] and the GPMC SP1 previously. I could try reinstalling it on the server I guess. Maybe a recent hotfix has "broke" it hehe I wonder if there is a newer version of the adminpak on the MS website - shall have a look. Bit of a tricky one. Cheers Nath
  14. Hi all Had the message shown in the attachment - since the other day - appear when trying to open Active Directory Users and Computers from ANY machine [including the server(s)]. I've restarted the DC in a hope that this will fix it - but it hasnt I havent changed any group policy settings for a while - especially ones that would stop me running the AD Users and computers. I can still open the Group Policy Management tool however. Any ideas?? This isnt helping my RIS setting up hehe Cheers Nath
  15. lol his guide explains what it does I forgot to say hehe http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=57218 [whats TBH mean btw? lol] Nath.
  16. Basically, this is how AutoRIS [http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=57941] works: First thing to do is add a OS on RIS [as normal] i.e. I added a XP SP2 [slipstreamed] CD [i actually copied the files from the CD to a place on the server, specifically for RIS]. Then from a workstation, I setup autoris, gave it the right parameters in the config files etc and let it run. What this initial process does is make a copy of the RIS OS [i386 > i386-original] and then copy down this directory to the workstation's autoris directory. It then applies RyanVM's Post-SP2 hotfix pack [http://www.ryanvm.net] and some other extras like the dotnet framework 1.1 and so on., and also applies BTS' driverpacks [i used all of them except massstorage and everything was installed and recognised when I looked at My Computer - which was nice ] if desired. The next part of the process allows you to run nlite to remove things like languages and keyboard layouts. I dont think this would change the OS ver somehow - as all it does is remove / add components. I have been pretty careful not to remove too much or remove certain aspects that would mess up things. It then combines finshes off and sends the image back to the server [remember the i386-original is the one created by RIS when i added XP SP2 which has been renamed] as i386. It then informs you [well it doesnt - I've altered it because it wouldnt automatically restart the BINL service with 2003 servers - named different or somthing] to restart the Remote Installation service and click OK. Then you can boot a PC - press F12 and try it. Interestingly, I notice that there is both i386 and i386-original in the RIS images list. Anyone know why? - and I wonder if this has something to do with it. Depending on what you have chosen, it will automatically install XP,the drivers and hotfixes and do some other neato processes like defrag and registry optimising, and you end up with a machine joined on the domain waiting for input hehe When i was installing Office and stuff - in preparation for riprep - i did install dotnet2.0 <- could this be the key ingredient to why I'm getting the error? Might try uninstalling it to see hehe I know alot of you may think that it causes too many probs, but its really handy and I'm sure its workable - guess I should leap before I can walk tho Regards Nath
  17. I was thinking the same thing ajb, except that the base image i setup earlier today and client was installed afterwards - in order to ripprep it [with Office 2k3 & various apps] and send it back to the rest of the machines I have to install - just wonder if the client has the problem i.e. that there is some hotfix installed that has changed the kernal version like you say :S Wonder if google will produce any results lol Thanks Nath autoris152.rar
  18. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=57941&view=findpost&p=471803 is my new problem. The autoRIS way worked great and I've got everything ready to use ripprep to send a image back to the server - only, it doesnt, and says the image is not the same - despite the odd fact that I havent changed anything [on the server] since installation :S Really wish I hadnt bothered tho the machine's setup is great and is configured nicely - jsut a shame I cant deploy it *tears hair out madly* Nath
  19. No ajb - its not that hehe Its a OK box type. Cheers Nath
  20. Also, does anyone know why I still get the Welcome to XP section even tho I have: [unattended] OEMPREINSTALL = YES [guiunattended] OEMSkipWelcome = 1 Also, the: [Display] AutoConfirm=1 doesnt work either - not particularly very good during a autoinstall hehe Any thoughts as time is going fast Cheers Nath
  21. Chris - can you post your nlite [RIS.ini] config file [the one you use with AutoRIS] please? Thanks Nath
  22. Can also setup the journaling system that basically catches ALL emails - received and sent - and set it up with a certain time frame to keep them i.e. 30 days, 3 months, etc. You can then tell no one about this system and log into it like you would any other account and check the abuse you were looking for. Best bet is to use outlook [or similar] and do a search easier than trawling through the large large list of emails on OWA lol [tho it probably searchable in other ways also]. It a better solution than setting up a hidden forward of all emails sent - as you get the recieved also ;) Regards Nath
  23. ajb is the appointed god of GP, AD & software deployment I'd say *bows* Nath
  24. The only thing is about joining to the domain - when and how? to install Office and such, I use batch files [as i mentioned above etc] so of course, i'd need to be attached to the domain to install the software. At what point should I run the ripprep wizard? I'm gonna use [with AutoRIS] just a image of the SP2 disc [a slipstreamed one with only SP2 on it] and then use RVM's stuff - as directed. Use the M2 helper and BTS's LAN DriverPack, and intergrate the NIC drivers's of AutoRIS. And something else - which I've just forgot hehe Nath
  25. Yes. This is how you are supposed to use RIS. It is known as RIPPREPing. Any good guides to this? @tony: Gotcha - I've got most deployable by a batch script [as some are the usual custom software that has never been anywhere near a msi lol] but of course, but through Software Deployment / OU's would be sooo much better - Office is the main one, as we have different versions on different machines unfortunately. Any examples are welcome Nath.
×
×
  • Create New...