-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
I've got it installed but have never used it I've just used skype in the background with a few mates lol Nath.
-
Using Windows Defender as Antispyware on a domain
tarquel replied to Geoff's topic in How do you do....it?
hmmm...perhaps I'm missing something here but I dont see it. I've allowed it each time on this machine - I Take a look at the reg key you put in the first post and i see no mention in the registry where it allows VNC [i.e. doesnt stop it in its tracks] Nath. -
I havent even tried either - and probably never will lol Nath.
-
Not quite. I'm saying that if you want R2 - get the same type of version [or have a look at the differences between products] as you have for 2003 i.e. - 2003 Std > 2003 R2 Std - 2003 Ent > 2003 R2 Ent Of course, if you have 2003 Ent but decide that you dont need all the features 2003 R2 Ent, then get R2 Std [baring in mind that I dunno whether that upgrade path is allowable - but i presume it is hehe] Thats all im saying. [i know i know - I am *this* confusing in real life too ] Nath
-
Using Windows Defender as Antispyware on a domain
tarquel replied to Geoff's topic in How do you do....it?
Small point but say that you have VNC installed.... how can you make it that Windows Defender will automatically allow installation of it on all machines? If its already installed and you choose the setting of automatically use the default action during a scan, it will remove it otherwise. Any thoughts? Nath -
We've had our Smartboards for what must be about 4 years perhaps? Not one problem. I've had far more problem with promethean boards personally - but we have gone for them because everyone makes resources in the promethean software [yes, i know theres a viewer now] and basically, the staff "seem" to perfer them for some reason lol. Cheers Nath
-
I cant get thru my own firewall to add you right now [not got the time too that is lol] so add me to your list and we'll have a blast on it later if ya like - or another night this week. Nath.
-
And to sort of follow here... You'll need R2 Enterprise if you need the Enterprise features [no - it doesnt include warp drive's ] when you upgrade. Like DMcCoy says, that it is a seperate / different product. Think of it this way - it doesnt matter whether it was 2000, 2003 Std or 2003 Ent before, the resulting product will be what ever one you purchased. What was on the machine before has no bearing on the features after the upgrade... ...AFAIK Cheers Nath
-
I havent played BF2 for ages - would be up for a blast some night this week [i might be a bit pants tho lol]. Grab me on xfire [tarquel] people. Nath. PS Hope everyone is going to bring a laptop or something. We could have a quick gaming fest in the lunch break My laptop *is* my gaming machine at the moment lol
-
Have you got the code wrong there Chris? lol EDIT: nice Nath.
-
Thought I'd revive this topic as we've just got a load [12] of new Fujitsu laptops and I'm wondering how to get the GP for laptops to be nigh-on perfect hehe Is there any way to turn off Offline Files completely - except for the Home directory? The other snag with this - although I dont believe it will be that big of a problem - is that when I logged on, it started syncronising my home folder. I've used a rediculous amount of space [tho I'm guessing in *most* cases it will be ok] so it started copying all the files across onto the laptop. Am I right that this syncronisation is only a differential syncronisation i.e. that once it has done it once, only the changed/new files will be copied during logon/logoff? Another thought is, do you use Offline files? If yes, how have you got it setup? If no, then why not and how have you prevented it? I'm using a unattended CD which works fine for me - as it automatically joins them onto the domain and stops to ask the computer name and carries on [i thought it easier this way that messing around with the random name afterwards hehe]. Any thoughts asap [as always] as I need to get the most of them installed and running by the end of today Cheers Nath
-
I've had a look online and I havent had much luck lol Anyone know of a hotel/B&B near the Rochdale train station at all? Can I get a lift to the conf from there at all? Cheers Nath
-
Have you searched / looked at the .chm / help files inside the deploy cab? It "should" detail everything for you there. Sysprep has always worked fine for me using ghost and sysprep. Perhaps there is more than one way to create a ghost image hehe but its fine if you create a image by "resealing" it and shutting down, using ghost boot disc to ghostcast a image to the server, and then deploy it back [using ghostcasting again] is how I've done it in the past. Always worked fine with me. HTH Nath.
-
Please discuss this subject here please: http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1573
-
ZH - yes please lol and does that mean we *dont* have to disable hardware acceleration? [because i really think its completely silly having to turn off hardware acceleration for a 3D CAD system - ooooh the irony lol] Snuffkins - thought u meant XP SP2 for a moment [sorry - half asleep lol]. Because we only get the software to use as part of the head of tech going on a course, updates dont seem to be part of the deal it would seem - or lack of understanding of that "requirement" lol I'd appreciate the SP2 - but it would be wrong of me to ask for that. Please dont host it and provide a link directly [as i think it woudnt be very legal] but privately aquiring it somehow sounds good I dont "think" we have to have a support contract just to get fixes to buggy software that is supposedly meant to help teach pupils the package lol *wink wink* lol Nath.
-
bump ^^ done the extude thing after install [as administrator of course hehe] on v8 but it still refuses to work. Driving me crazy it is. The tech staff have been really patient but I wonder for how long hehe Any ideas still welcome Newer version coming out yet at all? Cheers Nath
-
@Michael: lol nice idea with the file types but nothing to do with that - the error message is too specific for one thing. If you look at most of my posts in the thread, you'll notice that I said it happens on both the workstations and the servers [and the adminpak is installed on them all] @all: Sorted it By clearing out the administrator profile Simple as that - thanks Norphy for reactivating my brain to remember to try that - and a pint for all you too [if you are/I am at the conf - dont think it would travel in the post hehe]. Cheers Nath
-
Ok norphy - I'll give it a go @michael: Interesting to know - but all Windows XP's [and servers] are 32bit. Cheers Nath
-
hehe I await a flood of flaming but.... It on the administrator account. There are no other administrator accounts. I had a thought that it could be to do with the administrator profile so here's my two ideas: 1) create a new account - called admin or something - and add it to the administrators group and use that and see if it works... or 2) clear the profile directory of the administrator account and see what destruction is caused Any suggestions on what to try first? Has anyone ever tried number 2 and has it caused them any problems? Regards Nath.
-
lol sarcasm? look at the begining of the thread's date ...and the fact that it happens on every machine I try it on. /sarcastic response over But seriously.... I wish it was that simple. *cries* ....Nath.
-
...even tho it happens on both the workstations and the server? Nath.
-
Guys - we have discussed this before. When I find the thread [later - or if someone can beat me to it] I'll bump it and lock this. Please use the search feature if poss Nath.
-
I've had no problems slipstreaning onto volume CD's. My one is only a XP "gold" [no SP] CD lol so for the sake of time and effort, I have no choice but to do it. [or spend a minimal amount getting a new kit] Cheers Nath
-
bump ^^ Chris - what dud you mean? How did you reinstall the snap-in? Did you get the error message throughout the system? I get it on every computer - both server and desktop - meaning that I cant make any changes to the AD User & computers structure. This is getting to be a problem as I cant setup the new laptops that will be arriving soon and they are already tamping because I was off work for so long Any thoughts? Nath
-
I hear you there - that stuff baffled me too. Wheres the trainin' man....wheres the trainin'? Nath.
