Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. Including the Chrome version of Flash? Probably retire Flash and rely on Photoshop revenue.
  2. Probably installs a keylogger or other malware.
  3. I'm sure I don't know what you're on about.
  4. The amount of places you can get into with just a Hi-Vis jacket and a clipboard is amazing.
  5. X-13

    'Staingate'

    Well, yeah. Of course. But once you get suckered into joining the walled-garden of Apple, it somewhat makes sense to stay there.
  6. X-13

    'Staingate'

    At that price, it'd probably be cheaper to just buy a new iPad...
  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGAdR77YEY
  8. Awww... I'll be your friend.
  9. Yup. Though everyone gets a death stare. Luigi's is just over the top.
  10. You were doing other things. I swear I mentioned it to you at least once...
  11. This is what I'm thinking. 2 users being affected are connecting to [stuff].tc1.isp.ifl.net. Mine, which works, is [also stuff].th1.isp.ifl.net tc1 seems to need to be updated... Stupid google forcing HTTPS.
  12. Ours is 1/7/15 - 29/9/15 Seems to be affecting USERS rather than computers... What a mysterious jogo. Le EDIT: weird... On my account its from 18/6/15 to 16/9/15 and works fine.
  13. Is anyone having problems with the cert? It was working fine yesterday, but in the hour I've been in work I've had 4 people come to me unable to use Google because the cert is invalid. [it's complaining about the date.]
  14. Put it this way, we still use the installed version of the 2simple software, despite the fact that the HTML5 web version does everything the local version does. 2simple is literally the only reason I have to mess aboot with flash.
  15. You know as well as I do, that if Flash gets retired it will just mean lots of schools using something that will never get updated and will be a massive security flaw.
  16. "Just turn off the computer!" TBH, I can accept cyberbullying being removed, on the proviso that the actions that used to be considered "cyberbullying" just get called "bullying".
  17. In wales? nah, I'm in Seine. [Ha, homophones!] So... literally every website with a comment section is banned. Seems the only webpage that is allowed is Google. Not the search results... just the Google homepage. Le EDIT: The things that are allowed for staff only seems strange... Gambling, Dating, SMS and mobile telephony services [which includes those ringtone selling subscription places], Web Chat Literally NONE of those things have any use in a school. [Possibly web chat for support stuff.]
  18. I've been working in IT in education for 8 years... I've yet to be able to accurately predict a single day's work.
  19. X-13

    Ten Years Ago

    7/7 memories: I was on a helpdesk that day and one of my users died | The Register
  20. Wut. How is that even possible?!
  21. The more I say Isle of Rum, the more it sounds like I love rum...
  22. Not an ad, but... Come on, @ZeroHour. Some of us are in Primary Schools.
×
×
  • Create New...