-
Posts
602 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by MicrodigitUK
-
Live@Edu Display Picture Sync?
MicrodigitUK replied to ihaveaproblem's topic in How do you do....it?
@ihaveaproblem Any news? Did you get the test image into live@edu using Olsync? -
Live@Edu Display Picture Sync?
MicrodigitUK replied to ihaveaproblem's topic in How do you do....it?
see the VB script i use to update photos in AD. SIMSPhotostoAD.vbs -
Live@Edu Display Picture Sync?
MicrodigitUK replied to ihaveaproblem's topic in How do you do....it?
@plexer I use "employeeID" to put the admission numbers in AD. @ihaveaproblem I'll go get a copy of the vb script now. P.S Sorry I can't help with olsync/dirsync not done it just researched it for my new live@edu setup -
Live@Edu Display Picture Sync?
MicrodigitUK replied to ihaveaproblem's topic in How do you do....it?
Yes, if you use Dirsync to update live/office365 accounts all you do is populate local AD with photos in "thumbnailPhoto" attribute for each user. To get photos out of sims you could use salamandasoft's free tool "Sims.Net Photo Extractor". http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk/utilities.html Then if you have all of the admission numbers in AD, you can script it to take photo files and update AD user thumbnailPhoto. I have a script for the thumbnailPhoto update in vb, I will try and dig it out. But we also put admission numbers in AD when making new users... -
Did this about 2 years ago so might not still be th same but try this: In easy mail User Account Administration section select the Export All Users link. Save the CSV file. Add a password field populated with your new password. Then import the CSV back in to reset the password.
-
1+ we also use the second option to sync to CIFS on our EMC VNXe SAN. The CIFS shares also are used as home drives on windows network with Microsoft Disk quotas setup. Our only issue is if user has no Quota remaining on CIFS share it fails to sync files from OSX and users could loos files. We are working on a Quota service for OSX to warn users of quota to fix this issue. Also another issue for me was EMC don't actually support OSX on VNXe so that was a fun time with support when I had an issue with OSX sync..... You can use any server/NAS/SAN that supports CIFS to sync OSX and use for your Windows home drives. You could build your own NAS/SAN with somthing like sourceforge.net/projects/openfiler and a server with lots of HDD's. That will save you on the prices EMC/Netapp/Dell/Oracle ask for a NAS/SAN with TB's of storage.
-
Don't you mean an Acorn BBC Micro?
-
We use GLPI with AD logins and custom CSS
-
I don't think that is 100% true as frog has put a lot of time into it's new JavaScript API's in the Frog Developer Platform (FDP). It is also a public website http://fdp.frogcommunity.com/ for people to access the dev stuff. Any dev company can also pay Frog for a test VLE system if they don't have a school to work with and test there JavaScript plugins on. If the API on the FDP dosn't meet the Dev companies requirements, Frog will look at custom API's for a price.
-
Internet Access Control - anyone created a bespoke solution?
MicrodigitUK replied to dgsmith's topic in How do you do....it?
Try a PM to IMullings . He made a squid proxy web-based ASP front end for Internet controls for room/computer/user for Devizes school. I think he still uses it, and only issue is the GUI looks a bit dated, but it works. See if he has time to help you out.... -
And the worst thing is the licence you pay for doesn't cover staff photos! See one of my old posts http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/65763-bulk-import-staff-photos.html
-
Where do I download old versions of PaperCut NG as we only have a version 9 licence? The file I ‘am after is "papercut-ng-9.8-build-9413.exe" Before anyone says bye the latest version we are thinking about purchasing PaperCut MF later in the year so will be doing the full upgrades when that time comes. For now I just need this version to get it working on our Mac network. Can anyone please help?
-
Im up for a Bristol meet. As long as it's a location not to far from a train station!
-
Home: The Wellington Academy
-
The Corsham School http://www.sheldonschool.co.uk/ http://www.abbeyfieldschool.co.uk/ http://www.kingslodge.wilts.sch.uk/
-
Give your local Frog sales rep a ring and they will come out and demo some sites for you. They can also tell you of taster days in your area wher schools show off what they have done with frog.
-
What is casing issues is it the AD auth? It runs on LDAP under the frog front end. Can you give a more in depth description of the issue?
-
[android] Proxy on Android
MicrodigitUK replied to featured_spectre's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
.... wrong thred -
I use GLPI works realy well. Also about to start using it as a ICT support ticket system.
-
Just had a look at the script in our gpo and the exe is called WifiCfg_XP.exe
-
I do it with an exe and a start up script. The exe is a tool from Aruba networks that will do what you want. Ther is also a free version of the exe somewhere without Aruba branding. Think There is an xp version and a vista/7 version. Will try to dig out the link to the free version but I am shore iv seen it on a old post on edugeek.
-
Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance (S7000) Q3.3.1 Released
MicrodigitUK replied to apaton's topic in Hardware
Looking at geting a nice 7120 24 TB and will be using iSCSI CIFS and deduplication..... not NFS as we are looking at virtualization of new servers with hyper-v.... -
Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance (S7000) Q3.3.1 Released
MicrodigitUK replied to apaton's topic in Hardware
That doesn’t fill me with confidence, seeing I’m just about to get one. Once the governors give me the cash. -
What about the Edugeek Baseball Cap?
-
I am also looking at this for my new 2008 r2 domin and have a similar plan to you. I was going to deploy start Menue as a msi to workstations and the do a redirect to the deployed start menu. Then I was going to script some cleanup proccess that checks availability of shortcut and hides the dead links.
