-
Posts
602 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by MicrodigitUK
-
Just check one account first. So go into Active Directory, and open properties for a user. Then click Exchange advanced tab. Select mailbox rights button and all of the access rights are in there. You can set it at the server level for all users but can’t remember off of the top of my head where it is
-
I have just tested on my exchange server with the slashes looking like this “\” and it all worked fine. The admin user account needs full control to the user's mailbox that you wish to migrate to. So check the permeations on the destination mailboxes for the admin account on the exchange server.
-
Yes, but sometimes you need the full email on Linux boxes. Also just looking again I think the slashes look the wrong way round so try it like this: Copy "[email protected]" "123456" "schooldomain\administrator\me" "654321"
-
There are other free tools that can migrate mail direct from Linux server to exchange using IMAP. I have used a good one in the past (several times) called IMAPcopy. IMAPcopy All you need is a big list of users to move in the IMAPcopy config file. To do an IMAP copy you must know all users passwords on both mail systems. This requires all of the Linux server user passwords to be reset (CSV) and use an administrator password for exchange. You can just use the administrator to connect to exchange IMAP apparently by doing the following. Specify a username in the following format: YourDomain/AdminUserName/UserMailbox • YourDomain is your domain, • AdminUserName is an Exchange Server user name with administrator rights to the user's mailbox that you wish to migrate, and • UserMailbox is the name of the user to migrate. Write in the password bit of IMAPcopy config script the password for the administrator account.
-
ICT Technician – Wiltshire Chippenham
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Woops looks like it’s already been posted. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-jobs/58184-ict-technician-chippenham-wiltshire.html -
ICT Technician – Wiltshire Chippenham The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the administration and maintenance of our computer network, including technical advice to staff and pupils. The post is full-time (37 hours a week), term-time only. Wiltshire Scale, Grade F, £17,802 - £19,621 pro rata Closing date: Thursday 1 July 2010 Sheldon School - Vacancies
-
Correction in reference to IMAPcopy you don’t have to have a second password on exchange (Iwas thinking of Zimbra) you can just use the administrator to connect to IMAP apparently by doing the following. Specify a username in the following format: YourDomain/AdminUserName/UserMailbox • YourDomain is your domain, • AdminUserName is an Exchange Server user name with administrator rights to the user's mailbox that you wish to migrate, and • UserMailbox is the name of the user to migrate. Write in the password bit of IMAPcopy config script the password for the administrator account.
-
With mail systems I would suggest migrating all users in one go. Preferably at the end of the summer holidays like the last week. My reasoning for this is that running two end point mail systems for the same domain just doesn’t work. And Navaho and exchange are both designed as end point mail systems. You could set up exchange with a forwarding sub domain or just a new domain but this will case confusion with the users having different email addresses. E.g some users with [email protected] on exchange and [email protected] on navaho or [email protected]. There are free tools that can migrate mail direct from Navaho to exchange using IMAP. One I have used in the past several times is IMAPcopy IMAPcopy To do an IMAP copy you must know all users passwords on both mail systems. This requires all of the Navaho passwords to be reset (CSV) and every one to have a second password for exchange (don’t know how to do that but some one will). Things like contacts and calendar are a bit harder to migrate and will require end users to export from Navaho in CSV. AS for testing Exchange if doing a direct replacement of Navaho, I would suggest setting it up and testing with fake emails using telnet. See XFOR: Telnet to Port 25 to Test SMTP Communication Then you know its processing mail how you want it. And finally when the time is right change the exchange to have the old Navaho box IP address. Drop the exchange in first before doing IMAP copy so no mail goes missing during the switch over. Key to success is thorough testing and checking prior to the switch. Hope that helps.
-
Fixed it with a VB logon script to run gpupdate and made it all start working. Very strange that I have to do this but I think it gets incorrect settings from the default local profile on workstation. So to overwrite the wrong settings it just needed forcing gpupdate after logon to set them back correctly.
-
Whatever I do it just resets the button back to standby now!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
This is really starting to bug me. I am trying to edit XP power management for the buttons on the desktops to make it shutdown instead of standby. So this is what I’ve done. 1. Used a Windows 7 workstation to access the Preferences part (new bit with 2008) of AD on my 2003 dc. That worked. 2. Set my GPO power settings under user preferences (read that power is user dependant) and in computer settings enabled the loop back in merge mode. 3. In same GPO added in the XP client bit as MSI install in computer config, to make preferences work. 4. Set various permeations in several combinations in GPO to allow domain users full access to power parts of registry. Now the strange thing is if I log on as a user it doesn’t apply power settings but reverts to some strange ones for the buttons. But run “gpupdate” when logged on and it puts in correct settings in. So why does it put the wrong ones in when a user logs on? I just can’t get my head around it.
-
It didn't bother me. I'm working over the other side of Chippenham now at another school. Just intresting to see how these things wallk around. I found a hole punch the other day with the name of a school in Trowbridge on it.
-
That’s very interesting. How exactly did they get over to your place? Admittedly I haven’t worked at Sheldon for a month but last time I checked SEN where still using the AlphaSmart’s. Might want to mention it in a PM to "DaveM" the network manager. But IT never really had much to do with them apart from ordering replacement batteries all looked after by SEN.
-
Another vote for adito, I still use the older windows version of it when it was called SSL-Explorer: Community Edition Link to the old SSL-Explorer windows installer http://ftp.heanet.ie/disk1/sourceforge/s/project/ss/sslexplorer/OldFiles/sslexplorer_windows_1_0_0_RC17.zip
-
LanView console commands list
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Thanks for the commands for the job. I also see that the MST site is back on. And I did also post on their new forum. Maybe Kevin will put them back on the new site soon. -
LanView console commands list
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Tried that but no luck but if I enter console I get the output below, but it’s not the full list. I have version 4 I don’t know if the help command has been removed or something. Could you print the list of for me if it works on Lanview 3 AutoComplete.[on|off] Enable or Disable AutoComplete CLS | Clear Clear the console output Console Console Internal Help Echo.[on|off] Turn Echo On or Off History.[clear|max|show] Show, Clear the command history buffer or set the Maximum history buffer (between 1 and 499) Lines.[on|off] Turn Line Count On or Off Log.[clear|close|open|setfile|start|stop] Logging Control .clear Clears entire log (Needs to be defined using Log.SetFile) .close Close the open Log file. Must be run to write remaining cache .open Open the Log file for writing .setfile [path and filename] Specified logfile to open .start Starts logging console output .stop Stops logging console output Logo.[on|off] Show / Hide the Console Logo Pause [prompt] Wait for keypress and show [prompt] Var. or Set.[clear|delete|show|value] Variable manipulation .clear Clears entire variable table .compatibility Enable backward compatibility for the 'Set' command. .delete [variablename] Delete a single variable from the table .show Show entire variable table .value [variablename]=[newvalue] Set the [variablename] with the [newvalue] value. Variables with a blank (or null) value will appear as [Console.Null] when the Set.Show command is used. Variable 'Prompt' is the Console Prompt. Other variables for use in command line switches (case sensitive): %TIME% - Current Time, %DATE% - Current Date -
LanView console commands list
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I know someone on Edugeek must have a copy of the closely guarded console commands. I’m I going to need to beg. Please someone. -
Has anyone got a full list of the LanView console commands? If so could you send me a PM. I have hunted high and low for hours across the internet, even looking at old cashed pages of the old MST website but had no luck. The commands I’m really interested in are the Wake on LAN ones and the auto logon so I can control my plasma displays automatically.
-
Clone laptop hidden recovery partition
MicrodigitUK replied to Ignatius's topic in How do you do....it?
I would use a tool like Partition Magic to un-hide the partition then use Ghost to take an image of the disk. Put that onto the new disk and then hide the partition again. I know RM use a similar tool that puts backups onto a fat32 partition called RMRBOOT and I just unhide the partition with Partition Magic before ghosting. Although it can be done in the menu with the RMRBOOT tool. Possibly the Packard Bell tool has a similar option. -
I will be leaving my current post on 16th April to join another school as their Network Manager, so there is a vacancy for Assistant Network Manager here at Sheldon School in Chippenham. The post has been advertised on the school website at: Sheldon School - Vacancies Salary details are in and are as follows: Wiltshire Scale, Grade H - £21,519 - £23,708 FT(37 hrs pw) & All Year Round. They are a happy productive team and defiantly a good bunch to work with. The IT department are well respected by SMT and other members of staff. Good luck if any of you decide to go for it.
-
- 1
-
-
HP all the way
-
This indeed was the solution. To add to that I did the following: 1. Log on as an "administrator" open FMS and log in with a valid user 2. Click on "Focas" in the top right. Then click "General Ledger" Click "Manual Journal Processing" 3. In netx window click "+" to "Add a new record. Select "Cash Book" Click next 4. On the next window. Enter "TEST" as the Narrative Click next 5. On the next window. Click the magnefiing glass and select a bank account. Enter "TEST" as the reference Click next 6. Click finish on the nett window (Note: This generats a file called C:\PDOXUSRS.NET) 7. Close the "Manual Jornal Proccessing window" by clicking "X" 8. Carry out step 1 again folowd by step 9. 9. Select "TEST" and click "-" to deleat the current record and click "yes" when prompted 10. Close FMS and brouse to C: 11. Give the file "C:\PDOXUSRS.NET" the permissions "Everyone" full controle.
-
Forgot to mention get a copy of XMLSpy trial version. It’s probably the best tool for the Job.
-
I think what you need is to learn XSLT it is like the CSS equivalent to XML and you can use it to transform XML into to any format you like. Have a look at XSLT Tutorial It might also be a good idea to run over the basics of XML again before learning XSLT P.S. How’s the job hunting going? I see Martin has gone for the Abbeyfield School Job.
-
five
