-
Posts
602 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by MicrodigitUK
-
Ours reboot every Monday morning around 4am when my Ghost server takes an image of their C: drives for backup. I chose Monday morning so if anything did ever go wrong with the ghosting I could get in and fix it Monday morning with minimal down time for external File access and web services.
-
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
Do you have any contact details, for the people testing the Netgear WFS709TP with Aruba FW? I would really like to get in contact and see how they are getting on. Please send me a private message Cools, if you have any details. -
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
Ok people here is the deal. I have bitten the bullet and forked out £80 for a Netgear AP for testing with my Aruba 800 controller and the short answerer is it’s NOT going to work out of the box with an Aruba controller. But while doing so I did notice in the Aruba controller licensing section a bit that mentions a “Netgear AP” licence that is DISABLED. So I have contacted Aruba to see if I could purchase one of these licences. But was then told that they no longer sell the Netgear AP licence and they couldn’t give any reason for this but I suspect that it has something to do with the price difference in APs. This then got me thinking what if you downgrade and load the Netgear OEM Aruba OS onto the 800 controller and then upgrade it to the Aruba OS. Would this process change the “Netgear AP” licence to ENABLED? There is only one thing that concerns me about trying this and that is the fact that the Netgear OEM Aruba OS has been modified so that nobody has the enable password. So if I downgrade I am worried that I would effectively lock myself out of the controller stopping me from upgrading. So I now need the help of someone with a WFS709TP to try the standard Aruba password reset procedure and let me know if they can gain access to the enable CLI. Below is the reset instruction, this info was taken from the Aruba support website. This might not work on the OEM Netgear but it’s worth a try. -
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
I know for a fact that the Netgear controller uses an OEM version of the Aruba 800 controller OS so the protocols are the same. -
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
Nobody? -
I am having a bit of trouble finding bits of code to produce 2 vbscripts. One script needs to copy a folder from the directory the script is running in and place it on a location on the c drive. It should over write any files or folders if they already exist. The second script is to force the deletion of the files and folders copied in the first script from the first script. Both scripts are part of an unattended install or uninstall. Because they are unattended and to stop students messing up the installs I can’t call a CMD.exe prompt from the script and run commands like xcopy. The students would just close the CMD prompt box. Any pointers in the correct direction would help.
-
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
Has anyone got any idea? someone must have both bits of equipment out there somewhere! -
NETGEAR's ProSafe AP on Aruba controller?
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Wireless Networks
bump !!!!!! -
Has anybody got a NETGEAR's ProSafe™ Dual Band Light Wireless Access Point (WAGL102) working from a Aruba Networks controller? Is it possible because they are a quarter of the price of a Aruba Networks Dual Band Access Point (65AP) and look like they will do the same job. I just don’t want to waste money on one to find out that it will only work with the Netgear version of the Aruba controller. Anybody got both bits of kit so they could test it for me?
-
I have tried the "SECEDIT" method but on the owner tab the "Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects" tick box that is normally on the bottom if you go through advanced permeations on regedit is not available. This means that I still can’t change the owner on the corrupted reg keys using this method. I then tried the "subinacl" method and it worked like a dream. Below is the actual command I used in the end. "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\sophos /setowner=Administrators /grant=everyone=f Thanks everyone for the help.
-
I am having some problems with sophos so have needed to uninstall and reinstall it. Because Sophos can be a pain to uninstall on some workstation, Sophos tech support has supplied me with a script that un installs Sophos to apply on startup. I am still having problems uninstalling with the script on a number of workstations. And I found that there seem to be some corrupt reg keys that it can’t delete. When I manually load regedit and try to delete the keys I still can’t. I then checked the permissions and the owner of the reg keys did not exist. After adding a owner I could manually delete the corrupt keys. Is there any way to script a changing of the owner on regkeys? I did look at regini.exe but that only changes permissions and not the owner.
-
Script an uninstall of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Scripts
Thanks, Thats the one. -
Script an uninstall of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
MicrodigitUK replied to MicrodigitUK's topic in Scripts
bump .... -
Dose anybody know what the “Windows Installer CleanUp Utility” (msicuu2) Product ID (Product Code)is so that can script an uninstall. E.g. something like {1080B04F-11E8-494E-9603-41168D4PF198} I have looked around the regesty but cant find it can anybody point me in the right direction? The script will look something like this (when I have the a Product ID): MSIEXEC /X {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX} /qn
-
We are now using the SSL-Explorer: Community Edition. It is free and works with multiple users if you download the pre April 2008 windows installer. Download from it from sourceforge bellow: http://ftp.heanet.ie/disk1/sourceforge/s/ss/sslexplorer/sslexplorer_windows_1_0_0_RC17.zip
-
Only enter the default gateway on one of the vlan interfaces. Otherwise the cross network traffic will get confused and go down both default gateways. This will cause intermittent internet connections. Also another point to make is that VLAN 1 (Managment) historically should be untagged on all links carrying other tagged vlans. All Cisco trunked ports have VLAN1 untagged and the other vlans tagged. This is the same on the majority of VLAN compatible NICs and the majority of VLAN compatible switches. Although there are some switches that allow VLAN1 to be tagged on trunk ports which confuses maters. HP procurves being one of them.
-
SWGfL Internet connections
MicrodigitUK replied to sdc's topic in South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL)
I have now switched to the “smartcache.proxy.swgfl.org.uk” and with a local linux proxy server (I have setup to get around the 1 IP address problem), where back on unfiltered via my new linux proxy. (Better than that silly staffproxy login thing for us techs) P.S Our school received an email today with the following letter from The SWGFL. S088-08 SP056-08[1].doc -
SWGfL Internet connections
MicrodigitUK replied to sdc's topic in South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL)
I can’t believe we where not given any prior warning apart from one document dated 2006 which I had never seen until it was dug up by the SWGFL The extra work involved with creating Staffproxy accounts that this has caused is such a pain. We have put time into making shore sufficient security in place on our network to stop any unwanted people using unfiltered.proxy. So why can't it be an option for individual schools to have it enabled? -
Solid Works 2007-2008 Student Design Kit package
MicrodigitUK posted a topic in Educational Software
I have got Solid Works 2007-2008 Student Design Kit 60 day trial, which is fine when it is installed manually on each computer. But the real reason that we got the 60 day trial is to see if we could turn it into a cc3 package because installing this across the site would be a nightmare doing it one by one. I am so close to getting my cc3 package to work but it keeps failing to install because it needs the serialnumber and regcode variables put into the MSI (which I know how to do) but you don’t get one with the 60 day trial!!! Is anybody else using this software on cc3 and have you managed to package it? If someone could PM me a serialnumber and regcode just so I can finish my testing I would be very grateful and share my finished package with them if they use CC3. -
The short answer is technically YES if you know how to setup the samba side of things. But I have never managed to get it working yet on my terastation NAS (not that I have had the time to play with the settings to much.)
-
Just seen this add in my local paper and thought someone might be interested. I have known idea what the salary is but this is the advert. ICT TECHNICIAN – STONAR SCHOOL Cottles Park, Atworth, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8NT An Independent Girls Day and Boarding School with a nationally renowned Equestrian Centre. Requires ICT Technician, to assist the Network Manager in delivering desktop support and developing our rapidly expanding curriculum and business networks. The successful candidate will be an experienced ICT Support professional used to dealing with a variety of IT users. For further information and application pack, please contact Bunny Briggs, PA to the Bursar, on 01225 701793 or [email protected] Closing date: Monday 12th May 2008
-
We use the CPC Wall plats and VGA cables with pre finished ends. One end has a VGA Plug Connector and the other is Ferrules with pins on the end, which you just simply screw into the terminal block on the wall plate. Unfortunately they only go up to 20m. UNBRANDED | HCP21QC | Leads, Adaptors & Wall Plates | Audio, Video & TV | CPC UNBRANDED | VGA-FRL-20MTFRL | Leads | Computer Products | CPC But CPC do a 50m VGA Cable Assembly although it looks slightly harder to terminate the other end compared to the wall plate. UNBRANDED | SG212 | Leads | Computer Products | CPC
-
Just a quick update. I have now finished restoring the data to my new partitions on the new drive and after a system restore the shares came back on without a problem. So if anybody is thinking of replacing all of your server hard drives using this method it worked fine without a hitch.
-
So to sum up if the new partitions have the same drive letters as the original partitions on the old drive, a Backup Exec system restore will do the trick?
-
I have a server that has a small main HDD with all of the server drive partitions set up on it including c: which I am planning to upgrade to a new bigger HDD. I am using Ghost to pull off an image of the c: partition and put it on the new bigger HDD. The other partitions have windows server 2000 soft RAID so I can’t use Ghost to move them. Instead I was going to recreate the other partitions but slightly bigger on the new HDD and use BackupExec 11d to restore the data. Is there a way to backup and restore share settings so I don’t have go through all the shares again and recreate shared folders? Or will this be covered by the system state restore in BackupExec 11d with my new partitions setup?
