Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. lol typical as I post they dissapear:rolleyes:
  2. Lots of these on top main page Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(293) : eval()'d code on line 46 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(293) : eval()'d code on line 46 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(293) : eval()'d code on line 46 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(293) : eval()'d code on line 46 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(293) : eval()'d code on line 46
  3. Fantastic I end up playing Santa every year.... think it must be in my job description now?
  4. Cleaning projector filters & tidying cables are probably my 2 worst jobs
  5. I have found that publisher likes the printer name and share name to be the same. i.e. hp3600 :share = hp3600 not hp3600 printer : share = hp3600
  6. pooley

    HP Printers

    Have same issue with this POS printer, tried std tcp port and disabling bi-directional support and it doesn't work, or rather it does work on the print server but each machine connected to the share can't print. HP solution = install the printer manually on every pc. Not the solution I was looking for.
  7. Is the server a domain controller ? Does it have the pc/users listed in active directory ? Or has it been rebuilt and no users/pc's exist ? Email down = was one of the servers an exchange server ? Has it been restored from backup ? Sounds like a nightmare scenario. Your NM got any help ? Easy bit is the pdf's, install adobe acrobat reader or fixit pdf reader (both free) to access pdf's
  8. More of a How are you going to do it. I have just been reading up on the becta website about the Online Reporting Timescale for Primary schools. Now without trying to make work for myself I am just curious if anyone has started thinking about this, and how do they think they will be tackling it ? Will this need to be another expensive SIMS .net addon or can we use some other methods. 2 - 4 years isn't a very long time.
  9. I'm sat here in an IT suite where 100's of children have been through here, machines are 3 years old, same keyboards and mice...... never ever have they been cleaned. ewwww
  10. Not sure how it works with vb but I have a batch file running \\server\netlogon\RichProfile.exe server %USERNAME% %USERNAME% N D Works for me
  11. pooley

    GTA IV

    Got mine from asda this lunchtime - will say my goodbye's to the wife when I get home.
  12. pooley

    XP SP3

    Its on softpedia too
  13. We have to run the isa firewall client on the desktop machines to allow streaming media through the lea's antiquated ISA 2000 box.
  14. Is it possible to get a smartboard re-skinned ? We have a few here scratched and abused from teachers using markers on them etc. Or is it just the renw route i'm looking at ? Si
  15. The lease on our server is about to expire and I am looking at a replacement. The server is currently 2003 and is the only sever at the school (Primary). Its roles are DC Exchange 2003 DNS DHCP File and Print sharing Now there are only 60 or so machines hanging off it with around 240 pupils logging on. What are peoples experiences with 2008 server ? Do I make life interesting and install Server 2008 and exchange 2007 and then migrate roles and mailbox's across or stick with what works, i.e. 2003 ? We are buying new desktops which have XP & vista on them, so when we do decide to move across to vista which server version is better suited to controlling / locking down the desktops etc ? Any advice gratefully received Si
  16. If its a trick then = 0 (buses don't have legs) If its not a trick I reckon its 10,990
  17. I notice the same guy has a "tombstone" generator, you have to ask why ? lol Tombstone Generator
  18. I know this has been covered a few times (i did search) But we have issues of Children and Staff accidentally dragging and dropping folders into one another. I have tried setting the folder security to delete=deny but this breaks M$ Publisher from saving to the folder. Any suggestions ?
  19. How about freeghost ? http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeghost/
  20. Is it possible to ghost our current sims pc along with sql express and image it onto a new pc, with a new pc name ? I know ghost will allow you to change the ssid/pc name after install but is there a way of automating the sql server name change ? Cheers Si
  21. Page cannot be displayed ?
  22. Working here too, Firefox and IE
  23. Hmm ignore above post, seems the radius tab stating "A share located on another computer" has done the job, i'm sure i've tried this previously ?? Don't know why its suddenly decided to work, but I'll take it
×
×
  • Create New...