caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Just noticed the summer release is out, I didn't even get round to installing the Spring release as it came out a week or so before lockdown - can I just upgrade to Summer and bypass Spring altogether ? Although summer is a bit late with the school breaking up next week....
-
Long range readers ? No idea how that would work though
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just the report up to now, I can't load that page either (not sure if I'm supposed to be able to) I get a "your internet access is blocked" . My PC is set to bypass netsweeper entirely through a different gateway though. -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Anyone getting a 404 on the blockpage ? Or is it just me ? Server Error 404 Web server error '404' encountered when trying to process request to 'http://denied.schoolsbroadband.net/webadmin/deny/defaultblockpage.php? That URL doesn't work either -
Hope you have it on a credit card then
-
Daughter just got hers last week, although the delivery service she was promised was basically two blokes in a van who just dumped it on her. They didn't take the rubbish or assemble it..
-
Harveys https://www.harveysfurniture.co.uk/ TM Lewin too
-
Hand-raising, polls and breakout rooms coming to Google Meet
caffrey replied to jthompson's topic in Cloud Services
Noise cancellation is out https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2020/06/remove-background-noise-google-meet.html Enterprise only -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Just in time for July... -
Pre populating the domain for G Suite logins / dashboard
caffrey replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
Our last lot took 5 days, This is what the supplier told me -
Pre populating the domain for G Suite logins / dashboard
caffrey replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
Yes you can, It's a device setting so you need a licence We use radius for wifi and you can set this to auto connect using their login details - this isn't a machine setting so can be done without a licence (I think) Device Management - networks - wifi iirc -
Then the creditors don't get paid
-
Go Outdoors is now saved https://news.sky.com/story/jd-sports-buys-back-go-outdoors-after-pushing-it-into-administration-12013411
-
Same one everytime a new user logs on - never seen it before
-
This new (I think) popup has started to appear when logging into a chromebook - I've searched for a way to find out how to disable it to no avail. Anyone else getting it ? I think it started happening with v83
-
-
It was more of an expectation thing, I'm not sure what support structures are in place at other schools. As far as I can tell it's the same everywhere. I did the original post 2 years ago and it was a follow up due to some recent news.
-
_Done_ It's interesting you bring this up at this moment in time, maybe I should hit that post button on a post I wrote about welfare...
-
Pre populating the domain for G Suite logins / dashboard
caffrey replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
You can on Chromebooks with a Education licence, but I'm not sure about domain -
[sims] Capita is trying to sell off non-core businesses (SIMS is for sale)
caffrey replied to psydii's topic in MIS Systems
Might be a good buy for current SAAS providers to get a good user base list in that scenario, then migrate everyone over Just thinking out loud -
[sims] Capita is trying to sell off non-core businesses (SIMS is for sale)
caffrey replied to psydii's topic in MIS Systems
A what if scenario - what happens if Capita can't sell and end up going the way of Carillion? -
One little gotcha, make sure you have plenty of space on your c: drive as it caches to that before syncing, e.g. if you only have 20GB free you can only upload 20GB at a time...
-
Just use filestream
-
Use this robocopy "Source" "destination" /S /MAXAGE:730 /COPYALL /R:10 /W:30 /XF "Thumbs.db" I have 730 days there (2 years)
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Great, might actually start doing things face to face instead of over the telephone. I've been dealing with some extremely stressful stuff this week and if I hear the words "Sorry this line is a bit crackly isn't it" I'll lose it...
