Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Just throwing in Neverware and securly maybe ?
  2. Wow, been a while I think at the time I put outlook on the data managers PC to initially send out all details, I think they just manually send out new logins as people start but I'm not sure now We still have a smtp relay that sends email via google for old legacy stuff
  3. I've no issue coming in to school, I've had a few jobs to do today which I couldn't do from home. They are rolling out the lateral flow testing here, I'd much prefer if they just rolled out the vaccine instead
  4. I'm confused by the guidance in regards to coming in school to work, checking the .gov website it states So it's telling us that all education employees should be going to work ?
  5. Really getting fed up of this now
  6. I usually uninstall the agent from solus then delete the client, delete the sims folder on the client and re add when I get a sticky one.
  7. Yep, I never reboot - I daren't !
  8. I see Germany has issues with crows too...
  9. Luckily I'm hiding in the ceiling pulling cables...
  10. Yep, concrete screws and packers, foam the gap then use upvc plastic fillet trim to cover, then silicone Best bet is just to cut out the channel, but make sure your render is solid else you could run into bigger issues We should have a DIY Sticky for projects etc.
  11. Just had a teacher here who only tested positive because they went for a compulsory test before going away on holiday - no symptoms at all....
  12. Yeah but then Sibelius...
  13. Takes forever, to the point where I'm thinking it would be quicker to just not bother with upgrade sequences. It saves on the re installing of all those random bits of software though...
  14. I don't run it as domain admin, just as a user who has access to the MDT$ share - I don't mount any drives at all
  15. Yes, just don't add members just send the joining info - when they go to join it'll say something along the lines of ask to join - the host then can allow them in
  16. Thanks, that what I'm looking at doing
  17. It's just the way I do it, not sure if it's the right way or the best way but it works for me I'm sure there are better ways. It's just a thin image just with appx packages removed For some reason I like to stay a year behind, there's no real benefit in my eyes to the end user what version they are on - we just have to do it now. Logon script is just \\yourmdtserver\MDT$\Scripts\litetouch.vbs /skiptasksequence:yes /tasksequenceid:yourtasksequenceID /UserID:**** /UserPassword:**** Only annoying thing is a UAC prompt
  18. How are you managing your licences ? I currently auto assign according to OU in the admin panel which works fine. However when someone leaves and their account gets suspended (And moves to another OU) I have to manually remove the licence. Can gam do this ? I'm just about to start looking into it.
  19. I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way, but from 1809 - 1909 I created an update task sequence with a modified WIM. I then have a special account that runs a batch file that runs that task sequence, so I just go round or remote in and log on and wait for a while (takes upto 2 hours...) and they magically update
  20. BonMarche now too https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55159180 Going to be a much worse Christmas for some people
×
×
  • Create New...