Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. 99 Mondeo 2.0 Ghia.
  2. First week of June here in MK too.
  3. Curious, I get a red cross on the pic and when I put the url directly into IE, I get told the domain name doesn't exist. EDIT: .. just realised it was a post from 2005 ... Doh!!
  4. I had the choice (with my budget) of a 32" 720 or a 26" 1080. I went with the 26" and it's just the job. TV is wall mounted about 10 feet away from my head.
  5. "Welcome to Ready Steady Cook! Antony you had £5 to spend - what's in your bag? " "Organic chicken, lingoustines, rice, stock, wine , scallops, onions, garlic, stilton, brie, goat's cheese 3 bottles of cava and a bottle of blue nun.....and I have £5.00 left over."
  6. I've ben with Force9 (Plusnet) for years now. The service is excellent, their tech support is superb (although I've only ever needed it twice). The customer service people are very friendly and helpful. Can't recommend them highly enough.
  7. What happens when you go to the websites? When I ran it there wasn't any visible evidence that it was doing anything, however, it cured all my certificate errors.
  8. I just built a new Win7 workstation and that had loads of certificate errors. Seems like Windows might not be updating the root certificates. I got round it by downloading the rootsupd.exe from here ... Download: Update for Root Certificates [November 2011] (KB931125) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
  9. World record attempt as well as a bit of fundraising ... World record attempt for most comments on an online news item in 24 hours has started. #comment24 #RNLI
  10. Yep, or this one ... SCART to 3 Phono Plugs with In/Out Switch : SCART : Maplin Electronics
  11. Trouble with McDonalds though is that they don't sell fuel.
  12. If my memory serves me correctly there's a BP garage right by the airport. There's also an Esso one further down the A23 next to the Best Western Hotel.
  13. If it's current then it's in date. Enclose with or attach to ... I would also like to mention that I have a current CRB, a copy of which is enclosed along with my CV. I look forward to hearing from you.
  14. Try these ... phobos.apple.com, deimos3.apple.com, albert.apple.com, gs.apple.com, itunes.apple.com, ax.itunes.apple.com
  15. Prey have released a (much awaited) version of their anti-theft software for ipad and iphone ... Prey Anti-Theft for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
  16. I've always used PrebUSB (or RMPrepUSB). Found it really good. ... prepusb free download More about it here ... http://www.rmprepusb.com/
  17. Earworms is supposed to be really good, it works on a system (as with the poster above) of setting things to music, like an ad or jingle ... Earworms - Learn a new language, quickly and easily with music ::. I have the Spanish one ... just haven't got round to using it yet. You can get it as a phone app as well.
  18. And here are just a few of his achievements ... The Incredible Kim Jong-il and his Amazing Achievements - Telegraph
  19. Where do you get £21k from? The ad says 22-26.
  20. I don't think these reviews are ever designed to look at comparable jobs in other parts of the country, just to compare similar jobs within that county, so they haven't done their schools a disservice as the intent was never there to look at other counties in the first place. However, looking at many of the jobs that have appeared here over the last year or so, I think the salary is comparable with a lot of different parts of the country (including here in MK).
  21. In on a bank holiday .. that's a bit rough. I finish on Friday and then back in on Weds next week.
  22. Silly question I know, but, You're sure it's a bootable CD. Have you tried another disk in the drive?
  23. I think I kind of agree with Hightower. Not just because it tars everyone with the same brush but also because it attacks Christianity full stop. Were that to be a religious figure from any other religion it would not be allowed to be displayed for fear of offending that particular religion, whereas it appears that it matters not who it offends within the Christian world.
  24. We use Cubase 4 and Cubase SE on CC4 workstations and both have packaged up quite easily. The licence is controlled by a USB dongle which is best mounted somewhere inside the machine (we used USB extension leads plugged into the back of the PC and run through a small nick made in the edge of a blanking plate). The elicence software is easy enough to package. However, it's a typical USB device whereby if it gets unplugged from a USB port and plugged into a different one, it complains about needing drivers. We have experienced problems with saving, especialy since moving from CC3 to CC4, whereby it can take a while to save files back to the network (even though they are small) so we just get the users to save to the local desktop and then move them to their home folders at the end of each lesson. This is a simple enough solution and seems to work well. Once installed it seems to look after itself for the most part, although we have found recently that despite having .net4 on, the e-licence software (Synchrosoft/Steinberg Licence Control Centre) still wants .net2 although I think this is as much a MS-ism rather than a Synchrosoft/Steinberg issue. We don't have any sort of support contract and as a dept, we don't have anything to do with the software apart from installing it. Ensuring its correct operation and such like is the job of those who use it, namely the music department.
  25. In no particular order ... NavFree satnav LLoydsTSB banking Facebook 08 wizard and 0800 wizard Lottery Dropbox Units Converter Ant Smasher Sky Go iTorch4
×
×
  • Create New...