-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
I've got a couple of RM Ones that need new mainboards. That's gonna be fun ... Not!
-
For your Pedants: Grammar and Punctuation Test
HarryMonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
A disappointing 12/14. I got the last two wrong dammit! -
Hmmm, strange, seems to work for the folks here in the office. Can anyone else out there see pictures or is it 404 all round?
-
Was good to have a catch up with @GrumbleDook. Thanks for the new lanyard and bottle opener. For those who didn't/couldn't venture across on the cable car, this is what it looked like (the rainy pics are on the way there and the others are on the way back). As well as a few of the surrounding area. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gih6ygpcv6t36md/F9OA0skHyS/London Cable Car
-
I was listening to a local radio interview last night and they were saying that much of the investment by new companies creating new sites and new jobs is being diverted/cancelled/put on hold whilst HS2 is finalised and is likely to be cancelled and moved to other areas all together. Personally I don't see the need for it. If our major cites were further away as they are in other EU countries I could see the need to cut down the journey times but all we will be doing is creating another layer of elite transport that will be priced solely at the business user but paid for by the tax payer. Am I really going to want to spend an extra god knows how much for a ticket to skim 20 minutes off a journey, no, I don't think so.
-
Which ISP for home not talktalk/sky or BT.
HarryMonkey replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I use Force9 (now Plusnet) for my BB and have always found them to be excellent, great support. Don't use them for phone but the broadband has always been excellent. -
Ebay don't seem concerned about him ...
-
Done.
-
The 5 people who have left him feedback have all got a feedback of 3 themselves and have all bought the same identical item!
-
That doesn't work quite so well getting them out believe me.. I've used one of these for many years now and they are brilliant ...
-
We have a Beko (not that model) and it's been brilliant. Much better than our old Indesit and far quieter too.
-
Me too, so picking up some tablets for the dishwasher on the way home involves me popping in to the chemist.
-
However you connect the negative terminal (battery to block etc) ALWAYS make sure you connect the positive terminals first. Given the amount of metal around, there is a chance you could catch a connected lead on the metal of the car. If the positives are connected first you are less likely to create a short and cause any damage.
-
Didn't have to wait long ... closing at 12-40
-
-
Well, according to SLT and despite what the weather people are saying, the snow is set to dissipate here so the school won't be closing because of sending them out into the worse of it !!! We wait with baited breath!
-
A cow walks into a bar. Barman says 'why the long face?' Cow says 'Bloody, illegal ingredients, coming over here stealing our jobs!' Those Tesco horse burgers were nice, but I prefer My Lidl Pony. I was in the tesco cafe ordering my food and the waitress asked if I wanted anything on my burger, so I had a fiver each way
-
My other half wants a Kindle. (I must admit, I wouldn't mind one myself). What I'd like like some help with is which one should we get? She wants a touchscreen so that knocks the cheaper £69 one on the head, so we favour the paperwhite. However, is it worth paying the extra £20 to get the Kindle Fire? She likes to read and finds it a pain when attending the hospital to have to cram a book into her bag. She has an iPhone 4 for FB and music etc so wouldn't necessarily benefit from the apps on the Fire. She doesn't want to watch movies so there's no point in going for the HD Fire. She prmarily wants it just as a book reader, to read on teh train, at the hospital and probably at home in bed without having the light on to keep me awake, as well as in teh garden in the summer (if we get one). As a book reader, what is the Fire like? Is it as good, better, worse than the paperwhite? What I don't want to do is buy one and then regret not buying the other one. All contributions gratefully accepted.
-
Link doesn't work.
-
If you go to their UK site then a chat window pops up and you can chat with an agent and they should be able to give you an idea for an SD card.
-
Just as an example, it costs £75 for them to analyze a HDD and then between £495 and £995 to recover the data depending on the complexity.
-
Coming down well here in MK now and settling too.
-
Business case for additional IT staff
HarryMonkey replied to nightblade's topic in Educational IT Jobs
You need to call up all of your logged calls to show how busy you've been compared with this time last year. SLT will normally only look at extra staff if there is hard evdence that they are required, namely that the job is far busier (as borne out by the number of support calls you are now taking), the fact that you now have more equipment to deal with, that the systmes have become more complex, that you have had to take on extra tasks. -
@GFSparrow, we had a similar problem some time ago with a macromedia product. You could have a look at DWN1075502 on the RM website and see if you can adapt this for your needs.
- 10 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- log on
- permissions
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
[pics] Notice On Three Pin Plug Incorrect...?
HarryMonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Perhaps they just don't want you digging around inside, being all H+S conscious.
