-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Had a great walk in the park with my girlfriend yesterday late afternoon, pleased to find the coffee shop still open at 4-30, so sat and had a latte and a chocolate cake, was a lovely day for a walk, nice and quiet and pleasant enough to sit outside with the coffee. (Then back home for lamb shanks).
-
If the question is "Can I buy you a drink?" then "I don't know" is a wholly unacceptable response and is to be avoided at all costs.
-
CC4 and Intel Core i3 devices
HarryMonkey replied to Zoom7000's topic in Network and Classroom Management
we have some CC4 machines that are up to 10 years old and rarely get anything over 5 mins from power on to useable desktop. -
What do you & the teachers wear to work?
HarryMonkey replied to StewartKnight's topic in General Chat
Fairy nuff. We're quite lucky here having a building that's only about 15 years old that has a lift. -
I went to my camera club meeting last night and was given a Canon 40D for free by someone who was getting rid of it so I now have my Nikon D80, Canon 40D and my trusty, ever present iPhone.
-
What do you & the teachers wear to work?
HarryMonkey replied to StewartKnight's topic in General Chat
Fixed that for you -
What do you & the teachers wear to work?
HarryMonkey replied to StewartKnight's topic in General Chat
I've been working in schools for nigh on 20 years and can't think of a single occasion where I may have needed steel toe-caps. -
-
I like Gorlestone, spent a few days there in July.
-
What do you & the teachers wear to work?
HarryMonkey replied to StewartKnight's topic in General Chat
We have a smart dress code, and were recently told that under no circumstances were we allowed to have any tattoos showing. -
Need a script that adjusts proxy settings for teacher's laptop
HarryMonkey replied to TechKat's topic in Scripts
We use ProxySwitcher from OnyxBox. It's free, comes as an msi, installs in seconds and just sits in the system tray, they select home or office depending on location. Simples. http://www.onyxbox.co.uk/software/downloads/ps.htm -
It looks as though this will be the last weekend of flying for this iconic aircraft. I'm sure we will never see the likes of the Vulcan again. Displays / Tours - Vulcan To The Sky Don’t cry because it’s stopped, smile because it happened.
-
Ours runs on IPv4
-
I've just had a previously supervised iPad returned to me as it had had a passcode added. I ran it through "Recovery Mode", connecting it to iTunes on my PC. This upgraded it to the latest IOS. Before connecting to the Mac with configurator on, I told it not to update the IOS in configurator, I then connected the iPad, it went through the supervise process and has come out the other side all done and ready to go back on to the trolley.
-
They were the best of the bunch that we looked at.
-
We've just had a Paxton/NET2 solution installed to replace our aged Siteguard system. So far, so good.
-
-
We can, we sell on there too
-
I'm sure I just saw an ad somewhere for BT for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 2 gig of data for a tenner.
-
The recent changes in the law have been overturned by the High Court. Format shifting is still illegal in this country.
-
Once I leave here at the end of the day, that's it. I've left. I wouldn't know about any issues until I went back into school and no-one in school has my number so I'm not contactable anyway.
-
-
15-4 OMG !!!
