-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Texted last week, got charged for the text, never had a code back, it seems that I haven't made a chargeable call on my PAYG phone in the last 3 months ... 1 week out, except the GPRS had rinsed all of the credit on the phone a few weeks ago but that doesn't count apparently
-
Nice one Tony, congratulations! :-)
-
Here's some more info on the load test ... Earth Leakage Tests in PAT Testing The significant paragraph being this one ...
-
Some useful info here, including a pdf that you can download for free to show to your tester. Maintaining portable electric equipment in low-risk environments PAT (Portable appliance testing) - HSE's answers to popular questions
-
A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt. Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh Rocher
-
Cycling gear coming up on Sunday ... https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-12-apr/ Running gear on Thursday the 16th ... https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-16-apr/
-
Aldi are doing their running gear from the 16th April, also includes heart rate and BP monitors as well as an activity tracker.
-
Ours in Bedford have had them for quite a while now. They have iPads on some of the tables as well to keep the kids (old and young) amused.
-
Seems like it's gone viral, the site manager got the rest of the site team, they got the plumber, he took a photo and texted his boss to find out how much to charge to fix a leek lol.
-
- 45 replies
-
- 12
-
-
I detest the treadmill. It bores me rigid. I'd much rather run outside and get to look at things and people as I run. Unfortunately, where I live the park isn't a good place to be after dark so I have to make do with the gym during the dark nights.
-
Lol. I did my first outside run last Friday (been running on the treadmill through the winter months) and found that I'd added three minutes on to my normal time !!! I blamed it on the eclipse :-)
-
I enjoy the parkruns. My only bit of advice is be careful when you start! It's tempting to go off at a rate of knots to keep up with everyone, just run your normal pace and you'll find it really enjoyable. I find the endomondo app on my iphone useful as it talks to me after each kilometre and gives me my 1k time each kilometre as well as cumulative time.
-
According to my OH, they've just said on Loose Women that he has been sacked.
-
For me it's the Ribble Valley (86%) although I get 80% where I currently live.
-
My tariff costs me no more than it did before the introduction of 4G. EDIT: ... Seems I have the free 4G access Bolt-on
-
No it isn't. I get free 4G and I'm with O2
-
And if you continue after the trial, you get a refund of £12 in May thus getting the stick for £7
-
5k on the treadmill followed by 10k on the bike (or vice versa). How many times a week depends how motivated I feel. I hate the treadmill ... it bores me rigid. I will be so glad to start running in the park again.
-
Nice one Iain, sounds like it's working well for you. It's important though not to let your enthusiasm get the better of you and end up overdoing it. That way lies injury and a long lay off.
-
Well done @bossman :-)
-
I've used these two, both are just MP3s, there is a set of podcasts as well that I got from iTunes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tqm59u6zwwld4p/AAD3QmUwSC3A5_VX6cDb6gY_a?dl=0 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bridge-to-10k/id358545527?mt=8 Unfortunately none of these are done by Laura so there's no words of encouragement, just tracks/podcasts relevant to the time for each week with "run now" "walk now" messages at the respective times. I have a wallchart somewhere as a pdf that I can post when I find it.
-
Sad news but he has left a great legacy.
-
Whatever happened it wasn't that serious according to James May ... BBC News - James May: Clarkson 'dust-up' not that serious
