Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. This was a bit of lockdown madness
  2. Everyone has heard of the historical figure, Karl Marx. But, no one remembers his sister Onya, who invented the starting pistol.
  3. Knebworth
  4. I'm not quite sure that The Works has quite got the hang of discounting.
  5. Good luck with whatever comes along. Get your CV over to @witch to pass her expert eye over it.
  6. Make something fool proof and they just design better fools.
  7. They seem happy to collect as and when your bin is full.
  8. One of my schools is closing some classes this week due to rising covid cases amongst staff.
  9. You're getting confused with parrots.
  10. I have the six csv files however one of them has incomplete data. I have spoken with their support and they have pointed me in the right direction (hopefully).
  11. I have the two csv files, however, the student one has two empty columns which should contain the username and email address. The teacher one is fine in that it contains all of the correct details for teachers ... user, email etc. However, it also contains some entries for non teachers (which I don't need), that have no email or user. Presumably because these weren't in the original input csv.
  12. Sorry if I've duplicated info but I did a search and couldn't find any answers so I thought I'd raise a new thread rather than digging up an old one. I have been tasked with creating Teams for each of our classes. I am using the free Salamander and extracting the data from SIMS. I created a csv file for students as per the Salamander sample with the ID set as their UPN, their username (fredblogs20) and email address ([email protected]). All of their school email addresses are in SIMS ... I cross checked on a SIMS report. I did the same thing for teaching staff, using the SIMS ID and their username and email address as per the sample given by Salamander. When I ran the tool, as well as getting some warnings saying ... "Not adding user id 12345 to output file studentEnrollment.csv as id not found in user list." "Not adding user id 56789 to output file teacherRoster.csv as id not found in user list." I looked at the csv file and the student one has blank columns for their username and email address (despite that info being in the input csv) and the teacher one included staff that weren't in the csv (and therefore aren't teachers), although the ones that are teachers have all their details complete (user, email etc.). So, my questions are ... 1. How can I see what user the ID number relates to in the warnings so that I can add them manually or eliminate them depending on who they are? 2. Any ideas as to why the student email and user data has not been included in the output files and can I put them in manually? 3. Can I just remove the staff who are not teachers from the teacher csv without breaking anything? 4. Any clue as to why this has happened in the way that it has? Many thanks All help is gratefully appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...