Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Moved house at the weekend (rented) and all of the boiler controls (for the thermostat's rf sender) have been boxed in and sealed with mastic The thermostat is in the coldest place in the house so the whole place is roasting. I'm going to have to dismantle the boxing in so that I can fit my Tado unit. The place is too warm. A job for the weekend methinks.
  2. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64429819
  3. Not sure if this has been posted already (haven't got time to look). From my local Sainsbury's ...
  4. Garden Gnome
  5. I have a Tado device which allows me far more control over my heating in terms of when it switches on/off and at what temp. I can also control it via my phone which means I am more likely to turn it down if I haven't got to get up to do it.. It also knows when the house is empty so turns it all down, only to turn it back up again as I/we get closer to home. It also responds via Alexa which is also useful (Alexa, set the heating to 17). You can add more granular control if you have rads which have a thermostat that you can swap for a Tado smart one (we don't unfortunately and I don't fancy spending loads to upgrade the landlord's heating system).
  6. You've stollen that pun haven''t you?
  7. Can I attach a DSLR to either of those?
  8. Check that the new bank has signed up with the banking standards board. If not , you may struggle to get any money back if scammed.
  9. Nor me and the lens that I was going to get (£650 second hand) is now very much on hold as (all being well), I'll have 2 grand to fork out in deposit and a month's rent on a new place. It is much better insulated (ie it has some !!) and the rooms are smaller so should be more economical to run (despite being much more expensive to rent).
  10. I thought the lights all went out in Massachusetts.
  11. All of my schools finished last week ... Thurs or Fri. I finish today and head to the office for mince pies and a glass of something. Off then until the 3rd when I take on a whole new schedule of schools.
  12. Not until tomorrow it isn't (unless you count Met Office spreadsheet winter).
  13. I'm in rented too but have left the existing stat in place and swapped the wiring to the Tado. I will swap it all back when we move.
  14. Maybe a Tado or something similar would be of benefit to you.
  15. Set this up at the weekend and so far so good. I bought the wrong one initially (wired) so had to go back and get it changed, but it was straightforward to set up. I just wish er indoors would stop overriding the schedule and then not setting it back again!!
  16. You should have put your jersey on.
  17. Oh dairy dairy me !
  18. Went on a Thames low tide workshop on Tuesday evening. Here's a few straight from camera. Need a bit of tweaking.
  19. You're really milking this aren't you.
×
×
  • Create New...