-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Had a text from the ptb that we can wear "weather appropriate clothing". Shorts it is then (along with the company shirt).
-
Has anyone tried the new AI Generative Fill in the new Photoshop Beta. I started off just with the deer and selected it, inverted the selection and just typed sand dunes in the generative fill box. AI did the rest. I can see lots of camera clubs having a tough time judging images not knowing if they've been subjected to AI or not.
-
-
Me too. I just can't seem t get round to it
-
All I can do is echo everyone else's sentiments and wish you a long, happy and enjoyable retirement.
-
Mine's brilliant. I can set it to 30 before I set off and then I can increase or decrease in 5mph increments by pushing the switch so stops me exceeding the limit. I find with cruise control I'm forever having to adjust it based on the driver in front who never seems to be able to maintain a constant speed.
-
I have a manual speed limiter in my Insignia. I use it all the time (well, most of the time). It's more useful to me than cruise control.
-
When I did a speed awareness course a similar question came up and the answer from the course leader was that you must always drive at the lower speed limit regardless. Just as an aside, I read that the cameras that they use in the roadside police vans have a range of 1000 metres ... approx 2/3 of a mile so the chances are, by the time you spot the camera van and slow down, it's too late.
-
Enormity
-
I downloaded E1 last night. So far so good.
-
My work van (Transit) has a sensor that bleeps when the passenger isn't wearing the seatbelt. The trouble is it is so sensitive I can't even put my coat on the seat
-
I had the same on my old CZ, I lost my key or it broke or something, I used a nail and screwdriver for months. Never did get it fixed, after all, who the hell is gonna nick a CZ.
-
Clever
-
Poster Booking is free (for the 1st 10 devices), works from a firestick. Easy to use (or so I've been told). https://posterbooking.com/
-
Slightly OT O know but we bought a touring caravan last year and have just decided to sell it, the cost of storage (£600 pa), servicing (£200 pa) insurance (£150 pa) plus site fees (£30-£35 a night) using more fuel in the car, increasing cost of electricity at sites made it not really worth it, plus I can only take time off in the holidays and even then have to give a months notice means it;s just not worth it. For £950 a year I can gat a few hotel stays and not have the hassle. I looked at camper vans when we bought the caravan but having one with enough space, plus having to tax, insure and MOT it every year, it's your vehicle all the time you're away so have to pack all up if you want to go anywhere that's any distance away we decided that the cost involved was just way over the top.
-
The Wildlife (and Gardening for Wildlife) thread
HarryMonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
Thanks, I'll remember that. -
If I'm looking for a laptop for home use, that's exactly what I'm looking for .. HOME, not a single thought about work. If work want me to access stuff from home then they can jolly well buy me the kit to do it with.
-
The Wildlife (and Gardening for Wildlife) thread
HarryMonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
I put a feeder up in the garden at the weekend, large one, full of mealworms. It lasted about 10 minutes ... Starlings went berserk for them. -
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
HarryMonkey replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Following our recent move, I've cleared some space in our garage and emptied our self store unit. That's £140 a month we no longer have to pay. -
I like to get out and about with my camera (I'm a member of the local camera club). I also enjoy model kits (Airfix etc). These have had to take a backseat of late as we have just moved and, for the 1st time in 10 years,have a garden which seems to eat up loads of time (and money)!
-
contact (lens)
-
Crime.
-
Easy. .
-
What words do you (or someone you know) say incorrectly...?
HarryMonkey replied to Koldov's topic in General Chat
Scone or Scon ?
