Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. If anyone's into insect photography, they might find this free book useful ... https://www.insectphotography.org/book
  2. I saw this in action over half term. Looks quite impressive. It's a one off cost as well rather than a yearly subs https://www.clevertouch.com/uk/products/digital-signage/pico-XI
  3. SIMS update last night. With a little help from a friend!!
  4. At one of my previous schools we installed a PC in every classroom, that way the teacher only had to log in rather than switch on their laptop, connect it to the projector, send a pupil to us for a HDMI adaptor because the previous one had been nicked etc etc. We had roughly 75% of the staff hand back their laptops as they no longer had a use for them (which left us with plenty of spares) and every staff member said that they preferred the desktop in the classroom to a laptop. Even if they forgot their laptop, or their charger, they would still have a computer to teach with.
  5. Don't forget the extra laptops that you'll need when Teacher goes off on Maternity Leave and "needs" to take her laptop with her. Obviously her two part time replacements are gong to need one (each).
  6. We have a competition tonight in our camera club to enter a panel of related images. Here's one I put together. It will never pass the RPS criteria but I'm happy with it.
  7. Great pic. Is that the Welland Viaduct?
  8. Wonde do a sync specifically for Google.
  9. Wife: Do you ever get a sharp stabbing pain all over your body? Like someone has a voodoo doll and are stabbing it? Me: No Wife: What about now?
  10. I can't comment on the setup as the schools that I look after all had it when I took them on. In terms of management I find it very straightforward, especially once you get your head around GAM (Google's equivalent of PowerShell).
  11. Have a look at RISO too.
  12. That's interesting. Our CO detector ran out of battery at the weekend. I replaced them with Duracell but it was having none of it (I know the batteries are ok as I tested them). Replaced them with some cheap own brand ones from Morrisons and it worked straight away.
  13. Our back garden hedgehog visitor doesn't seem to have hibernated at all. It regularly pops up on our camera.
  14. If you decide to outsource your artwork printing, many of the members of our local camera club use https://dscolourlabs.co.uk/ Excellent quality and not too expensive. A wide range of print papers etc. Fast online upload and very quick turn-round too.
  15. I use one of these. Holds my laptop, iFixit kit, ext HDD, various cables, bits of paperwork and it holds my lunchbag and a small flask as well. It generally gets carried on my shoulder but has the advantage of a handle and wheels to pull along if you so desire. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Backpack-Rucksack-Waterproof-Suitcase-Business/dp/B0BKL65G8X/
  16. For those of an age, TalkingPictures TV will be showing Stingray from March 2nd https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/this-months-trailers/
  17. Yep +1 for Enviro. They also take waste toners along with smartboards, laptop trolleys and all sorts of WEEE. They don't take fridges/freezers.
  18. Oh, please don't saddle us with those.
  19. I currently work at 11 different schools. Can I fill it in 11 times?
×
×
  • Create New...